Page 1 of 16 123411 ... LastLast
    I usually hit open layups KingsFan416's Avatar

Default Lakers In Talks To Acquire DeMarcus Cousins

The Los Angeles Lakers have emerged as one of the most determined trade suitors for Sacramento Kings All-Star center DeMarcus Cousins, according to league sources.

Sources told ESPN that the Lakers have been actively pursuing trade scenarios in recent weeks in attempt to construct a deal that would convince the Kings to part with Cousins.

The Kings, though, continue to insist that Cousins is not available. The team's new lead decision maker, Vlade Divac, told the Sacramento Bee in Sunday's editions that dealing away his best player "is not happening."

Sources say that the Lakers, Kings and Orlando Magic have had exploratory dialogue on a three-way Cousins trade that would land the 24-year-old in Los Angeles. All three teams hold top-six picks in Thursday's NBA draft, and Orlando has a young top-flight center of its own in Nikola Vucevic, who could theoretically fill the Cousins void.

Yet since assuming control of the Kings' front office in April, Divac repeatedly has downplayed the idea of parting with Cousins, who has three seasons left on an extension he signed during the summer of 2013.

The Lakers would appear to have limited assets to get into the trade sweepstakes for Cousins -- in the event Sacramento's stance changes -- beyond surrendering prized young big man Julius Randle and/or the No. 2 overall pick in Thursday's draft.

Orlando holds the fifth pick in the draft but would presumably expect a lot to be willing to part with Vucevic, who signed an extension of his own last October and has become the most consistently productive player from the four-team blockbuster trade in August 2012 that sent Dwight Howard from the Magic to the Lakers.

Divac, though, told the Bee in the recent interview that his preference is to "do something, a small move, before the draft."

"We have a lot of changes to make," said Divac, whose Kings hold the sixth overall pick Thursday night. "The league is much more up-tempo now and we need more thre3-point shooting. If we don't get that in the draft, we'll be active in free agency and see about making trades later in the offseason."

ESPN reported in May after the Boston Celtics' first-round elimination that the Celtics planned to be at the front of the line in terms of trying to trade for Cousins this offseason.

The Denver Nuggets have also been increasingly mentioned as a likely trade suitor for Cousins since the hiring of former Kings coach and Cousins favorite Mike Malone as their new coach. But Denver wouldn't appear to have the sort of trade assets to rival Boston's cache of future first-round picks, which tend to become especially handy when trying to assemble multi-team trades.
    http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/s...cramento-kings

I bet this happens. Shaq and Vlade trying to help their former team.

Default Re: Lakers In Talks To Acquire DeMarcus Cousins

Would Randle + number 2 pick get it done? That's about all the Lakers have to offer.

Might have to throw Clarkson in as well.

Banned

I like this for the Kings if it's Cousins for #2 straight up.

They need to restart and rebuild. Cousins is not a leader and I don't even think Kobe would change his attitude.

I'd draft Russell and Cauley-Stein if I were Sacramento. Add them with Rudy Gay, Darren Collison, and George Karl and you could build something.

then what happens with the lakers pick? they draft another center?

ah they want to get rid of the pick, idk what we're doing. Cousins is a great player but idk

College superstar BlackWhiteGreen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hawksdogsbraves
    Would Randle + number 2 pick get it done? That's about all the Lakers have to offer.

Id want at least the above, possible salary dump too. Intrigued by Orlando's role in this - I can't believe Sacramento would want Vuc instead of the number 2 pick

Sunshine State

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen Angel
    I like this for the Kings if it's Cousins for #2 straight up.

They need to restart and rebuild. Cousins is not a leader and I don't even think Kobe would change his attitude.

I'd draft Russell and Cauley-Stein if I were Sacramento. Add them with Rudy Gay, Darren Collison, and George Karl and you could build something.
    And old, 1 year away from retirement Kobe isn't going to make an impact on the league anyway, much less DMC.

But the Lakers FO should be able to build better around DMC than the Kings have, especially when Kobe is gone.

Oh god no. I'd rather build around Okafor/Randle/Clarkson, rather than having to give up all 3 to only get Boogie.

Would be interesting to see how Cousins' and Kobe's personalities mesh.

NBA rookie of the year HOoopCityJones's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Asiantastic
    Oh god no. I'd rather build around Okafor/Randle/Clarkson, rather than having to give up all 3 to only get Boogie.
    Me too.

Lakers number 1 priority should be landing Marc Gasol without having to give up anything. He's the piece that mends everything together. Don't get me wrong I like Cousins but what FA out there would wanna play with him?

Quote Originally Posted by gyu
    They wouldn't... you'd find Cousins' body in an alley behind the Staples Center three games into the preseason.

I hope they pick him up if only for the drama and the laughs.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcats2013
    Lakers number 1 priority should be landing Marc Gasol without having to give up anything. He's the piece that mends everything together. Don't get me wrong I like Cousins but what FA out there would wanna play with him?
    Memphis ain't letting go of Marc Gasol for a 19 year old and whatever scrub you package him with

Didn't I make a thread cousins for #2? Hmm time to bump

Quote Originally Posted by hawksdogsbraves

Randle/Okafor/Clarkson is solid though.. if they lose those 3, they will be jack shit with Cousins, as well... I'd rather 'build' on those 3 guys. Now, another team like the Mavericks, who would I want? Those 3 or Cousins? Give me Cousins, Mavs still have other peaces and a capable team, but for LAL? Nah.

Quote Originally Posted by gyu
    for what, a year? That wouldnt be an issue.