Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Default Re: Anybody watch Mr. Robot?

Can't take the show seriously anymore, writers have been using every cheap tactic in the book just to make the show suspenseful and mysterious and don't get me started on all the forced philosophical speeches.
    For all the air of power and mystery they blow around E Corp and Dark Army, you could not get an intriguing character out of either group. The DA boss - guessing he/she is transgender - is a prime example of writers just throwing every weird merit they could in the mix to get a complex character, but all we get back is somebody who likes public urination and ordering hits. The E Corp boss can't stop patting himself on the back and emphasising how powerful and wise he is to whoever happens to be present for more than a minute.

And to top everything off, all Elliot has been doing this season is moping around, doing other people's bidding all the while listening to them giving him life lessons or telling parables. That is if he is not busy giving the audience the same treatment. Seriously, this season has been ridiculous.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

So Angela was on her way to see the FBI and got kidnapped by the Dark Army?

What a ****ed up episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawker
    So Angela was on her way to see the FBI and got kidnapped by the Dark Army?

What a ****ed up episode.
    She was on her way to see her lawyer in order to prepare her confession to the FBI

Default Re: Mr. Robot TV show discussion

Last episode was rubbish..

Too over the top and bs, the whole Angela storyline is shit..

The only interesting bit was Elliot at the end in the cab

damn, this was a good episode. dark army transvestite is quite the character.

Banned

The episode probably would have pleased more people had they show both part 1 and part 2 on the same night as originally intended. Sam Esmail the creator said that the last two episodes are suppose to feel like a movie. I'm guessing USA network were the ones that spilt it into two weeks to milk the ratings.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeN
    The episode probably would have pleased more people had they show both part 1 and part 2 on the same night as originally intended. Sam Esmail the creator said that the last two episodes are suppose to feel like a movie. I'm guessing USA network were the ones that spilt it into two weeks to milk the ratings.
    Pretty disappointed about that, especially since the first part is obviously buildup for the final reveal.

We better learn the truth about Tyrell next week.

just when i think this show cant get weirder...

Quote Originally Posted by highwhey
    damn, this was a good episode. dark army transvestite is quite the character.
    He does make quite an attractive older woman

Yeah hopefully they do something with the Tyrell story, my guess is it's another of Elliot's personalities

Quote Originally Posted by coin24
    He does make quite an attractive older woman

Yeah hopefully they do something with the Tyrell story, my guess is it's another of Elliot's personalities
    kinda felt guilty for thinking that myself

Quote Originally Posted by highwhey
    kinda felt guilty for thinking that myself

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

I went through the phase of being pretty sure Tyrell was just another Elliot personality, but I think the last straw was Tyrell's wife not recognizing Elliot. I think Tyrell is another guy who can see Mr. Robot, which I've guessed would make him Elliot's illegitimate half brother, but maybe there's some other reason.

The Angela stuff, while finally at least coming to some sort of sense, with The Dark Army, spent too much time just adding another layer of weirdness to an already aimless character. And it probably would've have bothered me so much, actually, I probably would've outright liked it because it did eventually get her connected to something, if it weren't for the fact that they just didn't address Darlene at all.

If it were a movie length episode that they split, then it must've been edited into the ground before they split it, because there was too much of only that one portion of the story, which up to this point has been too unclear to make the payoff mean much. Honestly Darlene was the best part of the season outside of the big Elliot reveal (and the goofy 80s TV intro). So cutting her off after her big finish last week, was a little wasteful in my eyes.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Tyrell is real confirmed? He is unaware of Elliot's dual personality.

FBI Lady playing darlene against her brother is a savvy move as she is unaware that Tyrell is actually on their side.