Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Default Re: I'm 34 and I just got my first job...

Good for you. My cousin is 33 and he's never worked, maybe he'll get a job next year to.

I still dont know if this is legit yet....

Undefeated

Quote Originally Posted by UK2K
    where do you work bro?

Quote Originally Posted by KiiiiNG
    where do you work bro?
    Your mother's bedroom usually. Sometimes I branch out and will let her take me to a cheap hotel or something though.

No really, if it's legit I'd like to know.

Undefeated

Your mother's bedroom usually. Sometimes I branch out and will let her take me to a cheap hotel or something though.

No really, if it's legit I'd like to know.
    that was unnecessary...

being unemployed is nothing to be ashamed of we're not gonna clown you for it

that was unnecessary...

being unemployed is nothing to be ashamed of we're not gonna clown you for it
    I'm a supply chain coordinator.

So is legit or no?

Undefeated

I'm a supply chain coordinator.

So is legit or no?
    fudge isnt a liar

this is legit

fudge isnt a liar

this is legit
    In that case, I have a story....

In high school I was a popular guy. Got laid a lot, I was a two star athlete, all-state basketball player in several AAU tournaments. I blew off school work cause I wanted to join the marine corps after high school.

Once in the Marines, I did my years, saw some cool stuff, blew some stuff up, traveled the world.

Then I got out. I was so bored. Had a lot of money, and a lot of free time. That led me to getting my hands on prescription pills. In about 6 months, the $28,000 I had saved from my time in the Marine Corps was gone. All of it. I became addicted to opiates. I spent every last dollar I had. Then I sold my car. My furniture. My electronics, guns, clothes. Anything I could. Then I got kicked out of my apartment for not paying rent. I spent about $800 a week on just pills.

I had no money. No belongings. No possessions. No car. No girlfriend. No education. No job.

Once you hit rock bottom, man, it's a lonely feeling. But there are two types of people in this world; there are those who will quit, roll over and die, and there are those who will change themselves.

I asked if this was legit because 34 is an awfully old age to get a first job.

But you should know that in two years, I picked my ass up, enrolled in a community college and paid cash for it (only about $2,000 a year). I got a job doing loss prevention, third shift. I was going to school full time, and working full time. I had work or class seven days a week for four full semesters.

The degree I am going for is in Supply Chain Management. The company I work for was hiring for a supply chain coordinator, so I applied for the job despite being two years away from my degree. I walked in like I owned that bitch because, literally, I had nothing to lose. And I got the job. Promotion. 80% pay raise. just like that.

And in about two years when I finish my degree, I can walk into just about anywhere with 5 years of Marine Corps service, three years of supply chain work experience, a bachelor's degree in Supply Chain Management, and a PMP certification (which I am working on), and demand any salary I want. in about 5 years, I will be a project manager. Making close to six figures.

The point of this whole story is, I have no sympathy for the people who get down on themselves and blame others for their problems. You don't know real suffering until you are sitting on the floor of your furniture-less apartment with an eviction notice in one hand and a bag of crackers (cause thats all you can afford) in the other. Its rough. Not once did my parents give me anything. My mother ran off when I was real young, and my dad wasn't going to give me shit.

You have to work for things you want in life. The ones who work the hardest, will reap the rewards. Was it fun having no social life the past two years? Or sleeping in 3 and 4 hour naps 7 days a week? No, it sucked real bad. But I had to do it to get where I am now.

Life is not a sprint its a marathon. Slow and steady wins the race.

Sure you'll have days when you dont like your job, but its a great feeling walking into Best Buy and not having to check your bank account before you buy something. I'm not rich, but I don't worry about money anymore (no kids, score!).

When you get that financial freedom, it'll change your life forever and you'll wonder how you ever lived that way before.
    Last edited by UK2K; 06-23-2015 at 04:33 PM.

It's not.

Local High School Star Andrew Wiggins's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
    It's not.
    it probably is legit. he's trying to pass it off as a joke though

Dayum, Fudge is really making something of himself

Making me feel like a lil' bitch

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Wiggins
    it probably is legit. he's trying to pass it off as a joke though
    Nope, he's full of shit and half the people in here are probably his/her alts.

2012 I rep flatulence Cowboy Thunder's Avatar

Which Walmart?

In that case, I have a story....

In high school I was a popular guy. Got laid a lot, I was a two star athlete, all-state basketball player in several AAU tournaments. I blew off school work cause I wanted to join the marine corps after high school.

Once in the Marines, I did my years, saw some cool stuff, blew some stuff up, traveled the world.

Then I got out. I was so bored. Had a lot of money, and a lot of free time. That led me to getting my hands on prescription pills. In about 6 months, the $28,000 I had saved from my time in the Marine Corps was gone. All of it. I became addicted to opiates. I spent every last dollar I had. Then I sold my car. My furniture. My electronics, guns, clothes. Anything I could. Then I got kicked out of my apartment for not paying rent. I spent about $800 a week on just pills.

I had no money. No belongings. No possessions. No car. No girlfriend. No education. No job.

Once you hit rock bottom, man, it's a lonely feeling. But there are two types of people in this world; there are those who will quit, roll over and die, and there are those who will change themselves.

I asked if this was legit because 34 is an awfully old age to get a first job.

But you should know that in two years, I picked my ass up, enrolled in a community college and paid cash for it (only about $2,000 a year). I got a job doing loss prevention, third shift. I was going to school full time, and working full time. I had work or class seven days a week for four full semesters.

The degree I am going for is in Supply Chain Management. The company I work for was hiring for a supply chain coordinator, so I applied for the job despite being two years away from my degree. I walked in like I owned that bitch because, literally, I had nothing to lose. And I got the job. Promotion. 80% pay raise. just like that.

And in about two years when I finish my degree, I can walk into just about anywhere with 5 years of Marine Corps service, three years of supply chain work experience, a bachelor's degree in Supply Chain Management, and a PMP certification (which I am working on), and demand any salary I want. in about 5 years, I will be a project manager. Making close to six figures.

The point of this whole story is, I have no sympathy for the people who get down on themselves and blame others for their problems. You don't know real suffering until you are sitting on the floor of your furniture-less apartment with an eviction notice in one hand and a bag of crackers (cause thats all you can afford) in the other. Its rough. Not once did my parents give me anything. My mother ran off when I was real young, and my dad wasn't going to give me shit.

You have to work for things you want in life. The ones who work the hardest, will reap the rewards. Was it fun having no social life the past two years? Or sleeping in 3 and 4 hour naps 7 days a week? No, it sucked real bad. But I had to do it to get where I am now.

Life is not a sprint its a marathon. Slow and steady wins the race.

Sure you'll have days when you dont like your job, but its a great feeling walking into Best Buy and not having to check your bank account before you buy something. I'm not rich, but I don't worry about money anymore (no kids, score!).

When you get that financial freedom, it'll change your life forever and you'll wonder how you ever lived that way before.
    props on that big turnaround with your life

Good college starter SwayDizzle's Avatar

fudge is obviously full of it