Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Put Cousins on the Celtics, are they the 2nd best team in the Least?

Just read this somewhere and it got a nikka thinkin..............

Smart/IT
    Bradley/
    Crowder/Turner/Crash
    Sully/Bass/Jerebko
    Cousins/Zeller/Olynyk

i think so. Boston did better against the Cavs than Hawks did and Cavs had all their players besides Varejao against Boston. Bulls who knows how they look next year. Craptors . Healthy Wizards if Pierce is still there the only East team that might be better

Very good NBA starter

Default Re: Put Cousins on the Celtics, are they the 2nd best team in the Least?

I don't like Marcus Smart and wish Ainge would stop his love for combo guards.

We essentially have a poor mans Tony Allen on our team with slightly better playmaking ability offensively.

I'm looking forward to see James Young as I believe he will be a good player in the league. I see him as a very good 3 and D player down the line.

Cousins and Sully isn't a bad fit, but it's not a very good one. I truly believe Cousins needs to be paired with a 4 that doesn't look to score and can guard the best post player.

Default Re: Put Cousins on the Celtics, are they the 2nd best team in the Least?

No, no way they're better than Cle, Chi. Atlanta would probably go 6-7. Boston has a couple more years to be contending. Hopefully the draft works out well for us.

Quote Originally Posted by PP34Deuce

We essentially have a poor mans Tony Allen on our team with slightly better playmaking ability offensively.

I'm looking forward to see James Young as I believe he will be a good player in the league. I see him as a very good 3 and D player down the line.

Cousins and Sully isn't a bad fit, but it's not a very good one. I truly believe Cousins needs to be paired with a 4 that doesn't look to score and can guard the best post player.
    I really liked the James Young pick and was surprised he got no run last season. Hope he gets more minutes this year.

Nah, I'd still have Cleveland, Chicago, Atlanta and Washington ahead at least. Toronto and the Bucks we might catch just off of that lineup if we put it out next year. Still need some better forwards and for our younger guys to grow a bit more. Also not sold on Sully as a starting calibre 4 on a contending team. We'd definitely make the playoffs though, where as right now there's no guarantee we'd return next season with our team.

We're also yet to see Miami roll out a Dragic/Wade/Deng/Bosh/Whiteside lineup, so who knows what happens with them if they retain everyone.

All that being said, if we can get Cousins, we should totally go for it.

College superstar BlackWhiteGreen's Avatar

Stevens would have to modify the system somewhat, but it's always easier to get the talent then move the system around them. Depends what we're giving up, of course, but I think there's a good chance the Celtics would try to package some BKN picks with this years to move up in this draft, then trade the higher pick this year to SAC. I don't think 2 is attainable but I think NY would have to think about this years #16, and their pick of 2 of next years firsts (think we have Minny's top 12 protected, Brooklyn's unprotected, Dallas' top 7 protected, and ours - Brooklyn and Dallas would be the most appealing imo) for #4. Then Celts could trade 1 of the other 2 '16 picks, this years' #4, and the '17 or '18 BKN picks plus whatever for Cousins. (I'd still grab #2 and Randle over that if Lakers were offering it though).

Banned

Cousins has been in the league like 6 seasons now and has done jack shit.

In order to get Cousins Celtics need to send someone to the Kings, this wouldn't be the real team.

Quote Originally Posted by masonanddixon
    Cousins has been in the league like 6 seasons now and has done jack shit.
    He was in the league AKA West, but in the D-League AKA East he would go to the ECF easy.

5-6 seed at the very best.

We'd have to lose some of the pieces in that lineup to get Boogie over here, so the chemistry would be a new thing for these guys and Coach Stevens.

Washington, Cleveland, Atlanta, Chicago...maybe even Toronto would all be better than us.

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PP34Deuce

I agree with this stuff.

I like the identity with Smart and Bradley hounding wings, but it does pinch the floor. It weird because it works because they can space with some of their bigs, but those guys can't defend. But the smalls are good enough on that end to help keep people away from them. But then the guards aren't terribly creative, so they're not even taking advantage of the spacing they're given by the bigs.

I'd do Cousin's for Smart and both firsts. I like this draft, but I think they're just out of the reach of real rotational pieces. Then I'd try to move Sullinger for a wing piece to replace Smart. I'd ask James Young to step up.

The Smart for Noel rumor I'd do to, but I don't know why Philli would do it. Unless they're enamored with another big early, like Porzingis. I'd even do Smart and the later first for Noel.

College superstar

Trade Sully, Smart, Wallace, and Sac's choice of 2-3 first round picks this year and next (I'd prefer 2, but wouldn't care if they asked for 3, and I'm assuming Sac chooses Boston this year, Brooklyn next) for Cousins.

Trade Evan Turner and two protected first round picks (Dallas and Minn are already protected so it works) to Atlanta for Teague. I'm banking on Atlanta having faith in Schroder, here.

That leaves Boston with approximately 11-13m in salary space, with a scant 1m in cap holds on Crowder.

With this space, first sign Robin Lopez for 9m a year. With the remaining 2-4m, try to sign Kris Middleton or KJ McDaniels for even cheaper. Can then resign Crowder, if you like him.

Teague/Thomas
    Bradley/Young
    Middleton/Crowder
    Cousins/Olynyk
    Lopez/Zeller

Team has shooting, defense, some play-making, and a superstar. If the young guys continue to grow, that team could, hypothetically, make it out of the East if everything falls right. And Boston still maintains Clippers 2015 pick, its own 2016, and 2017 and 2018 picks from Brooklyn.

NBA sixth man of the year NugzFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kshutts1
    Trade Sully, Smart, Wallace, and Sac's choice of 2-3 first round picks this year and next (I'd prefer 2, but wouldn't care if they asked for 3, and I'm assuming Sac chooses Boston this year, Brooklyn next) for Cousins.

Trade Evan Turner and two protected first round picks (Dallas and Minn are already protected so it works) to Atlanta for Teague. I'm banking on Atlanta having faith in Schroder, here.

That leaves Boston with approximately 11-13m in salary space, with a scant 1m in cap holds on Crowder.

With this space, first sign Robin Lopez for 9m a year. With the remaining 2-4m, try to sign Kris Middleton or KJ McDaniels for even cheaper. Can then resign Crowder, if you like him.

Teague/Thomas
    Bradley/Young
    Middleton/Crowder
    Cousins/Olynyk
    Lopez/Zeller

Team has shooting, defense, some play-making, and a superstar. If the young guys continue to grow, that team could, hypothetically, make it out of the East if everything falls right. And Boston still maintains Clippers 2015 pick, its own 2016, and 2017 and 2018 picks from Brooklyn.
    So much fail in this post.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by NugzFan
    So much fail in this post.
    Where? I know my trade ideas are not normally popular, but what about that is "fail"?

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by Hamtaro CP3KDKG
    Just read this somewhere and it got a nikka thinkin..............

Smart/IT
    Bradley/
    Crowder/Turner/Crash
    Sully/Bass/Jerebko
    Cousins/Zeller/Olynyk

i think so. Boston did better against the Cavs than Hawks did and Cavs had all their players besides Varejao against Boston. Bulls who knows how they look next year. Craptors . Healthy Wizards if Pierce is still there the only East team that might be better
    Well this has them giving up no rotation players for him so that helps. Their 2nd best player probably won't be their 3rd string C btw and Bass will be gone in FA.

To get him you probably have to give up a handful of picks(Celtics have 2 1sts this year and 8 over next 3 drafts) plus 2 of Smart,Olynyk,Zeller,Sullinger and Young.

With Stevens and Cousins, you certainly have a shot to compete in the East,I'll leave it at that.