Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Decent college freshman

Default Re: Put Cousins on the Celtics, are they the 2nd best team in the Least?

Quote Originally Posted by PP34Deuce
    I don't like Marcus Smart and wish Ainge would stop his love for combo guards.

We essentially have a poor mans Tony Allen on our team with slightly better playmaking ability offensively.

I'm looking forward to see James Young as I believe he will be a good player in the league. I see him as a very good 3 and D player down the line.

Cousins and Sully isn't a bad fit, but it's not a very good one. I truly believe Cousins needs to be paired with a 4 that doesn't look to score and can guard the best post player.
    Smart and Thomas complement each other well at the PG spot IMO. Also Stevens likes players who can switch on defense, so that's why they value guys like Bradley and Smart so much. I think Smart can be a bigger Kyle Lowry. He's not a pure playmaker like a D'angelo Russell or something,but he can get in the lane, finish at the rim and he's a leader. Plus the defense. I also wouldn't be married to him though.

NBA sixth man of the year NugzFan's Avatar

Default Re: Put Cousins on the Celtics, are they the 2nd best team in the Least?

Quote Originally Posted by kshutts1
    Where? I know my trade ideas are not normally popular, but what about that is "fail"?
    Starting with the fact that none of those trades will happen or are realistic.
    Then finishing with the idea of signing Middleton for 2-4 million.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by NugzFan
    Starting with the fact that none of those trades will happen or are realistic.
    Then finishing with the idea of signing Middleton for 2-4 million.
    I know they won't happen; trade ideas on a forum almost never do.

But what makes them unrealistic? I (sort of) admitted the Teague one was, as I said that I was banking on Atlanta liking Schroder. But why is Cousins unrealistic?

And I covered Middleton by saying KJ McDaniels would also work.

BTW... as a tangent... Middleton is my absolute favorite FA target this summer, mostly because of his perceived value. I expect that his contract will be much lower than his ability. What do you see him signing for? I've been on Lakers and Knicks forums saying they should sign him for 6-8m per, with less years the higher you go on the pay scale (as in 4y at 6m per, or 2y at 8m per).

But what are your thoughts, since you're obviously a fan, too?

3-time NBA All-Star

As long as Cousins don't go to the Lakers or Celtics .. IM OK

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

Trade Sully, Smart, Wallace, and Sac's choice of 2-3 first round picks this year and next (I'd prefer 2, but wouldn't care if they asked for 3, and I'm assuming Sac chooses Boston this year, Brooklyn next) for Cousins.

Trade Evan Turner and two protected first round picks (Dallas and Minn are already protected so it works) to Atlanta for Teague. I'm banking on Atlanta having faith in Schroder, here.

That leaves Boston with approximately 11-13m in salary space, with a scant 1m in cap holds on Crowder.

With this space, first sign Robin Lopez for 9m a year. With the remaining 2-4m, try to sign Kris Middleton or KJ McDaniels for even cheaper. Can then resign Crowder, if you like him.

Teague/Thomas
    Bradley/Young
    Middleton/Crowder
    Cousins/Olynyk
    Lopez/Zeller

Team has shooting, defense, some play-making, and a superstar. If the young guys continue to grow, that team could, hypothetically, make it out of the East if everything falls right. And Boston still maintains Clippers 2015 pick, its own 2016, and 2017 and 2018 picks from Brooklyn.
    I think it's a fair offer for Cousins.

I don't think that deal gets Teague. He's got a good enough contract it might be easier to get Schroeder. But I'm also not sure I'd want to give up two firsts for it.

At the least someone will sign Middleton for the midlevel exception (which should be 5.3). I'd expect him somewhere around 6-7. And I'm not sure Lopez will get less than 10, although it wouldn't be from me.

I really like Middleton too. He's almost too good to be this years DaMarre Carroll already. But even at 7 I think he's a good value.

Lol are you guys joking about the Middleton signing? 2-4m? 7m? Execs all around the league have said he'll be getting near max offers. Dude was putting up 17/4/4 on near 50/40/90 shooting with terrific defense after Knight was traded and he got a bigger role, and is only 23 years old. He could be a fringe all-star by next season, at least in the next 3 years.

The guy is going to get at least 12 a year and probably more. And the Bucks have made it clear he's a core piece and they're matching anything.

College star

Not really, he's low IQ.

College superstar

I know they won't happen; trade ideas on a forum almost never do.

But what makes them unrealistic? I (sort of) admitted the Teague one was, as I said that I was banking on Atlanta liking Schroder. But why is Cousins unrealistic?

And I covered Middleton by saying KJ McDaniels would also work.

BTW... as a tangent... Middleton is my absolute favorite FA target this summer, mostly because of his perceived value. I expect that his contract will be much lower than his ability. What do you see him signing for? I've been on Lakers and Knicks forums saying they should sign him for 6-8m per, with less years the higher you go on the pay scale (as in 4y at 6m per, or 2y at 8m per).

But what are your thoughts, since you're obviously a fan, too?

College superstar

That leaves Boston with approximately 11-13m in salary space, with a scant 1m in cap holds on Crowder.

With this space, first sign Robin Lopez for 9m a year. With the remaining 2-4m, try to sign Kris Middleton or KJ McDaniels for even cheaper. Can then resign Crowder, if you like him.
    RoLo at 9M and Middleton at less.

Good call.

EDIT: didn't see you actually bumped this on yourself.

For the record, as a Bucks fan, I was THRILLED about the contract, which is also front loaded to preserve space for Giannis and Jabari contracts. Middleton didn't take any meetings from any of the MANY teams that wanted him to come in for a visit.
    Last edited by HurricaneKid; 07-17-2015 at 01:19 PM.

That would probably put them as the favourite for the division to win it over the Knicks, but that wouldn't make them 2nd best team.

NBA rookie of the year HOoopCityJones's Avatar

The amount of record breaking techs between him and Marcus Smart would be entertaining.