Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Default Re: Aldridge informed Blazers he will not be re-signing.

Quote Originally Posted by RoseCity07
    Lillard hit the worst shooting streak of his life in January and never recovered from it. This happened near the time he hurt his wrist in New York. Also, near the time he started wearing those cheap Adidas. Yet, he still finished the year with his highest FG% of his career and scoring the most PPG of his career.

He's getting better. That's all I can ask. He deserves to be criticized but I'm not going to act like he's a scrub because of a bad stretch. If he did that next season I'd agree.
    He's certainly no scrub, I just think people have hyped him up to a higher standard than he actually is. Love the dudes attitude, just needs to keep improving.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RoseCity07
    I think my point was that it would be in every contract because it would be in the CBA. Of course I don't mean just do it. You have to get the players to agree. That isn't going to happen but I'd like the NBA to try. Make it a better deal than the NFL. A team like the Timberwolves should be able to offer Lebron 50 million if he's drafted to that city. It doesn't need to be a franchise tag. Just an option for a city to tag a player and give him a special deal based on their draft position or personal accolades.

Already exists. Google "Derrick Rose Rule". Chris Paul argued for it and won it in the last CBA. Its why Kevin Durant got an extra 15 million on his last deal. His personal accolades allowed him to skip the usual max for his experience and jump to a higher pay grade with the team that drafted him. A young player gets the option to get that special deal if they are all NBA 2 times or more, start the ASG 2 times or more, or win the MVP.

Extra bit of money for personal accolades at the end of your deal.

But nothing will ever keep free agency from existing again. And nothing should.

aldridge about to leave his team high and dry and with no backlash?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bluechox2
    I think most of Portland understands why he wants to leave, but there will certainly be backlash if he goes to Lakers, and potentially Rockets or Cavs.

Good High School Starter Crimsonrain777's Avatar

werent there rumors that he'd be looking towards the Cavs if Love doesnt resign with them?

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    Already exists. Google "Derrick Rose Rule". Chris Paul argued for it and won it in the last CBA. Its why Kevin Durant got an extra 15 million on his last deal. His personal accolades allowed him to skip the usual max for his experience and jump to a higher pay grade with the team that drafted him. A young player gets the option to get that special deal if they are all NBA 2 times or more, start the ASG 2 times or more, or win the MVP.

Okay, but why can't the Timberwolves offer Lebron 50 million a year. Lebron is worth way more than the max by his contribution to a team. I like the salary cap but for certain players it's unbalanced the way pay structure works. I bet Lebron would think about going to the highest bidder if they could offer him any amount.

Rich Manning is my dad Vancouver-Grizz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bluechox2

At least he gave them notice and maybe work a sign and trade to get some picks back.

Only thing is Portland has been playing quite well and would think he would stick around. Think they are missing one more reliable 3rd option and they are pretty close on contending with LMA.

Come to LA

Sucks for Portland but that core just wasn't getting it done and injuries did them in early..

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855

Yep.

One of the more interesting cases of the Rose Rule was Kyrie Irving this past season. He had everything checked on the list. All he needed was a starting nod by the fans for the 2014-15 All-Star Game. Instead, Kyle Lowry got the nod and Kyrie was a reserve.

Basically, Justin Bieber saved the Cavs $10 million.

Blazers are now back in rebuilding mode. That POS Lillard cannot carry a team in the playoffs.

I don't blame him for wanting to leave, but this is the best roster Portland has surrounded him with.

If he leaves, which it is still uncertain, but if he leaves, hopefully Portland can pull a sign and trade.

Or sign Greg Monroe

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    Blazers are now back in rebuilding mode. That POS Lillard cannot carry a team in the playoffs.
    The Lillard hate is hilarious. People loved him last year.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketswin2013
    The Lillard hate is hilarious. People loved him last year.
    "What have you done for me lately" Forum

Local High School Star Combat Wombat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    Oh, look. The ugly midget of ISH is jumping on yet another bandwagon. This time it's the "Hate on Lillard" one.

You're so fcuking pathetic.

Adrian WojnarowskiVerifizierter Account
    ‏@WojYahooNBA

Sources: Free agent LaMarcus Aldridge is working to narrow his list of choices to two or three teams today. No final decision is imminent.

this dude is SLOW