Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Default Possible picks at #4

What a huge choice coming up. So much high potential, but a difficult mix to scout/compare to each other.

Russell or Mudiay - one of them likely on the board @4

WCS and Winslow - the safe bets

Porzingis and Mario- is there a superstar there?

My guess is that Phil takes porzingis, the pg, or WCS. How do you rank those 5 players? Is there anyone else that should be considered? Which of the guards to you think philly takes

One of the Goodfellas NBAplayoffs2001's Avatar

Default Re: Possible picks at #4

Ranking:

1. Russell
    2. Mudiay
    3. Winslow/Mario
    4. Winslow/Mario
    5. WCS (not sold at all on him)
    6. Porzingis (I have always been wary of bigs from overseas).

People I've talked to who are Sixers fan all want Russell. He will be off the board but I really hope he is there at #4.

I really like Mario but he played for a very talented Barcelona team with limited minutes. Some of his drives to the basket are nasty but he still has a lot to learn and improve. His attitude wasn't great but he seems to be more ball dominant or not in favor of the European game as overall teamwork prevails rather than star power. He looked far more athletic than anyone else who played him in the highlights I've watched.

I saw Porzingis get beat by 6'8'' 240 guys. Should never happen for a guy that big in an Eastern European league and be projected a top 10 pick.
    Last edited by NBAplayoffs2001; 05-21-2015 at 05:51 PM.

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Either Winslow or believe it or not, the possibility that Okafor or Towns will fall to us at 4.

I like Winslow better because he has an NBA ready body and is a unique talent for wing. I think the Knicks can do better at the point later in the draft by a trade or by Free Agency.

Knicks aren't taking a Euro unless it's a late round stash if we pick up some 2nds. That's not even worth discussing.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing
    Either Winslow or believe it or not, the possibility that Okafor or Towns will fall to us at 4.

I like Winslow better because he has an NBA ready body and is a unique talent for wing. I think the Knicks can do better at the point later in the draft by a trade or by Free Agency.
    What do you mean by unique? Sf game in a sg size body? I like his game a lot, seems to do the dirty work- runs the court and defends. I just worry about if he is a good enough ball handler to play guard in a 2 guard front offense. Seems like a luxury pick for someone who already has primary and secondary option guys and just need a great role playing glue guy.

I agree that other pg's could be had later in the draft but there's no picks later. And no elite talents like mudiay or Russell are supposed to be. If they aren't elite all star caliber talents then I say don't make a small improvement in talent there at that position.

Just a huge scouting decision that won't be easy

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    Knicks aren't taking a Euro unless it's a late round stash if we pick up some 2nds. That's not even worth discussing.
    Porzingis has the type of talent you'd be a fool to avoid looking into. Especially for a reason as petty as where he is from. If he has the mental make up needed he is a potential star.

Quote Originally Posted by el gringos
    What do you mean by unique? Sf game in a sg size body? I like his game a lot, seems to do the dirty work- runs the court and defends. I just worry about if he is a good enough ball handler to play guard in a 2 guard front offense. Seems like a luxury pick for someone who already has primary and secondary option guys and just need a great role playing glue guy.

I agree that other pg's could be had later in the draft but there's no picks later. And no elite talents like mudiay or Russell are supposed to be. If they aren't elite all star caliber talents then I say don't make a small improvement in talent there at that position.

Just a huge scouting decision that won't be easy
    Winslow's best fit is honestly the Magic or the Lakers not the Knicks.

Porzingis has the type of talent you'd be a fool to avoid looking into. Especially for a reason as petty as where he is from. If he has the mental make up needed he is a potential star.
    This is what I watched and it scares me quite a bit. His physicality is lacking.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWOjHoJ-U6A

He's not going to be good anytime soon. He may be a great pro down the line but I don't see him having an immediate impact.

He reminds me of a young Dirk though.
    Last edited by NBAplayoffs2001; 05-22-2015 at 01:49 PM.

It'll be Mudiay and we finally have a point guard. Win/win. I don't see any good pg's coming here via trade or free agency. WCS is an injury waiting to happen... reminds me of Jared Jeffries. Gotta try and get rid of Calderon.

Quote Originally Posted by smoovegittar
    It'll be Mudiay and we finally have a point guard. Win/win. I don't see any good pg's coming here via trade or free agency. WCS is an injury waiting to happen... reminds me of Jared Jeffries. Gotta try and get rid of Calderon.
    Injury waiting to happen why? The Jared Jeffries comparisons is terrible.

Injury waiting to happen why? The Jared Jeffries comparisons is terrible.
    He's anemic for one. Sickle cell. It affected his college game. Maybe you should dig deeper.

Quote Originally Posted by smoovegittar
    He's anemic for one. Sickle cell. It affected his college game. Maybe you should dig deeper.
    Good catch, but even though I don't know a thing about medicine, it sounds like it's by far the less serious version and something he isn't or wasn't at the time of the article I read even being medicated for it. I wouldn't think it should be a problem when dealt with at the highest level.

I love WCS and think he would be perfect between the 2 best players on this Knicks team, but still see him as option #3 behind the pg and porzingos

Good catch, but even though I don't know a thing about medicine, it sounds like it's by far the less serious version and something he isn't or wasn't at the time of the article I read even being medicated for it. I wouldn't think it should be a problem when dealt with at the highest level.

I love WCS and think he would be perfect between the 2 best players on this Knicks team, but still see him as option #3 behind the pg and porzingos
    His version apparently robs the body of energy. He had chest pains and missed games. I'll pass -

it comes down to mudiay or winslow...or we trade the dam thing...one thing it for sure, being the knicks, they will find a way to screw this up also

Beyond being skinny can anyone come up with something that Porzingis is missing? I'm not saying you don't go guard if you love both and one is left at 4 but if porzingis is available at 4 you definitely consider him.

1- hope like hell that the lakers take okafor

2- take the bpa out of porzingis, Russell, mudiay regardless of position. At least one of them will be a superstar. I have been believing that getting a guard will be too hard and that you have too. The more I watch mudiay a nd porzingis the more I like, I've been for Russell over towns and okafor the whole time partly due to fit with Carmelo and team needs and because I think he has star quality