Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Apparently Melo is pissed at the pick.

Quote Originally Posted by HomieWeMajor
    Ain't been a good summer Melo.
    First his wife getting the pipe from a dark skin brother and now this .

Bear Chested Da Brawn STATUTORY's Avatar

for real?

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by Harison
    Yes, Phil was pretty terrible and it seems he will be jumping ship soon. Knicks were looking for a savior, but got screwed instead
    P. Jack destroying the Knicks from the inside.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

It was a swing for the fences and I like the mentality behind it. Porzingis is one of those guys who has the potential to be a first of his kind type player. A guy who is 7-2, a real athlete and enters the league equipped with a smooth shooting stroke? You just don't see that.

The pitfalls are obvious. Is he going to get song enough, both physically and mentally to compete with the best athletes in the world? Big question mark. Does he have the work ethic and attitude to reach his ceiling? Valid question. Will a foreign player coming from humble beginnings be able to perform under the hot lights of NYC? Who knows.

But, if he does those things, look out. A lot of Knicks fans seemed distraught at the draft. I'd be very excited. The safe way isn't always the right way, especially for a franchise that is due a little luck.

Carmelo needs to focus on his own game for what it's worth. There is zero reason that a player of his caliber at this stage of his career should be watching the playoffs instead of playing in them, especially in the East. Unacceptable. For him to not support this kid -- his new, teenaged teammate whose head has to be spinning right now -- is a bad look, assuming there is truth to this report.

Michael Jordan is proof that the best players often know jack sh!t about talent evaluation.

Banned

Just wait until Crispus Bazinga informs Melo what brand of cereal his wife tastes like, then all hell will break loose.

Operat.Northwoods=9/11 Horde of Temujin's Avatar

Melo hated on Lin also.

The dude is just wack holmes.

HomieWeMajor
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by STATUTORY
    for real?
    Yes sir
    Dude looks like D Wade as well

Quote Originally Posted by DonDadda59
    Just wait until Crispus Bazinga informs Melo what brand of cereal his wife tastes like, then all hell will break loose.
    Every guy that guards him is gonna be telling him that his wife's breasts look like a slice of pepperon pizza.

A person who lets his wife affect his decisions shouldn't complain about another person's decision.

Melo's just a whiny ass vaj.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    It was a swing for the fences and I like the mentality behind it. Porzingis is one of those guys who has the potential to be a first of his kind type player. A guy who is 7-2, a real athlete and enters the league equipped with a smooth shooting stroke? You just don't see that.

The pitfalls are obvious. Is he going to get song enough, both physically and mentally to compete with the best athletes in the world? Big question mark. Does he have the work ethic and attitude to reach his ceiling? Valid question. Will a foreign player coming from humble beginnings be able to perform under the hot lights of NYC? Who knows.

But, if he does those things, look out. A lot of Knicks fans seemed distraught at the draft. I'd be very excited. The safe way isn't always the right way, especially for a franchise that is due a little luck.

Carmelo needs to focus on his own game for what it's worth. There is zero reason that a player of his caliber at this stage of his career should be watching the playoffs instead of playing in them, especially in the East. Unacceptable. For him to not support this kid -- his new, teenaged teammate whose head has to be spinning right now -- is a bad look, assuming there is truth to this report.

Michael Jordan is proof that the best players often know jack sh!t about talent evaluation.
    I think most fans would agree with you here on the pick though.

I think the real issue is rebuilding while Melo is in the midst of his 125 million dollar deal and is an aging player at this point.

It would be like Lebron joining a team with no real chance to win. Just wouldn't make much sense for either party.

Going half in half out is almost always the wrong approach.

What is going to happen when the Knicks need to win, but Porzingas really needs the burn to be ready? Those are the kinds of decisions that can be really frustrating.

One of the biggest reasons Dirk developed like he did was because he got 20 minutes a night (and started a few games) as a rookie...and then started in his 2nd year and played like 33 mpg iirc.

If the Mavs didn't do that with him...he'd never have developed like he did.

Winning and balancing that is a very tough act...I'll be interested to see how they handle it.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    I think most fans would agree with you here on the pick though.

I think the real issue is rebuilding while Melo is in the midst of his 125 million dollar deal and is an aging player at this point.

It would be like Lebron joining a team with no real chance to win. Just wouldn't make much sense for either party.

Going half in half out is almost always the wrong approach.

What is going to happen when the Knicks need to win, but Porzingas really needs the burn to be ready? Those are the kinds of decisions that can be really frustrating.

One of the biggest reasons Dirk developed like he did was because he got 20 minutes a night (and started a few games) as a rookie...and then started in his 2nd year and played like 33 mpg iirc.

If the Mavs didn't do that with him...he'd never have developed like he did.

Winning and balancing that is a very tough act...I'll be interested to see how they handle it.
    I'd be looking to dump Melo if it were my job. You can't half-rebuild, half-try to win. And, if you are trying to win, you should be assessing where you stand. Are you a legitimate contender, not quite good enough, or a borderline playoff team. That's the worst place to be. You either want to be really good or really bad.

The Knicks are maybe a borderline playoff team. Time to admit the Melo thing didn't work out and rebuild. If you do it the right way, it shouldn't take long especially for a franchise in NYC.

For a decade and a half, they've been trying (and failing) to lure FAs based on the market and the city alone. It obviously is not that important for players in today's era.

Look at the best teams in the league... Golden State, Cleveland and San Antonio. None of those three are exactly "marquee" franchises. When networks showed a few games a week and that was your only access to NBA games, sure, it made sense for players to be drawn in by the age-old market argument.

Now, when every team has every game available? Living in NYC just isn't enough of a lure for these guys and could actually be a deterrent for guys who aren't cut out for that environment.

The Knicks will be relevant when they rebuild through the draft, like everyone else. They took the first step to that end last night. The next step, if I were running the team, would be to get assets for Melo. He understandably wants to win. The Knicks should be tanking.

They have one foot in the frying pan and one foot in the ice bucket. Time to admit the situation and take the plunge with both feet.

Admit your situation. There would be more dignity in it.

Decent college freshman MellowYellow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    I'd be looking to dump Melo if it were my job. You can't half-rebuild, half-try to win. And, if you are trying to win, you should be assessing where you stand. Are you a legitimate contender, not quite good enough, or a borderline playoff team. That's the worst place to be. You either want to be really good or really bad.

The Knicks are maybe a borderline playoff team. Time to admit the Melo thing didn't work out and rebuild. If you do it the right way, it shouldn't take long especially for a franchise in NYC.

For a decade and a half, they've been trying (and failing) to lure FAs based on the market and the city alone. It obviously is not that important for players in today's era.

Look at the best teams in the league... Golden State, Cleveland and San Antonio. None of those three are exactly "marquee" franchises. When networks showed a few games a week and that was your only access to NBA games, sure, it made sense for players to be drawn in by the age-old market argument.

Now, when every team has every game available? Living in NYC just isn't enough of a lure for these guys and could actually be a deterrent for guys who aren't cut out for that environment.

The Knicks will be relevant when they rebuild through the draft, like everyone else. They took the first step to that end last night. The next step, if I were running the team, would be to get assets for Melo. He understandably wants to win. The Knicks should be tanking.

They have one foot in the frying pan and one foot in the ice bucket. Time to admit the situation and take the plunge with both feet.

Admit your situation. There would be more dignity in it.
    wait till free agency is over to asses where they stand.

NBA All-star

you get a prized wide midfielder/winger
    and all of a sudden, your goalie's ability just went from relatively average/decent, to what you now consider to be a liability.

Yes sir
    Dude looks like D Wade as well

Every guy that guards him is gonna be telling him that his wife's breasts look like a slice of pepperon pizza.

Link?

Quote Originally Posted by Vancouver-Grizz

Am I the only Jackson believer around here? Knicks made their first top 5 lottery pick in god knows how long and has ample cap space this coming summer.