Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Report: David West 'is not coming to the Knicks' wants to join a contender.

Long as he doesn't overvalue himself.

Default Re: Report: David West 'is not coming to the Knicks' wants to join a contender.

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode
    Right move by West. Carmelo is disgruntled, they just picked a kid that is at least 2-3 years away more than likely. The near future isn't good for them/him in that situation.

I don't think there will be a time when Carmelo isn't disgruntled on the Knicks. He chose his own demise tho, could have had a fighting chance at the Finals by signing with the Bulls

An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    He's not coming to the Knicks to join a contender so he'll stay in Indiana. Hmm...
    Only you, Niko, could compare a team that has made the playoffs 5?/6 years and has taken the eventual champs to 7 games (and made the conference finals two years in a row) to a team that hasnt been out of the first round in the last 15 years.

PG was/is the heart and soul of this pacers team. He is a young stud in his prime, taken out by a freak and gruesome injury. The knicks are all over the place. I do like the idea of monroe on the squad, but this team has one surefire starter/star in melo and a bunch of uncertainty.

An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Why would the Knicks even want him?

Quote Originally Posted by boozehound
    Only you, Niko, could compare a team that has made the playoffs 5?/6 years and has taken the eventual champs to 7 games (and made the conference finals two years in a row) to a team that hasnt been out of the first round in the last 15 years.

PG was/is the heart and soul of this pacers team. He is a young stud in his prime, taken out by a freak and gruesome injury. The knicks are all over the place. I do like the idea of monroe on the squad, but this team has one surefire starter/star in melo and a bunch of uncertainty.
    I didn't say Knicks were anything special. But OP said contender and Indiana is not a contender. Only Niko apparently reads the original post.