Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    National High School Star NewYorkNoPicks's Avatar

Default Should The Knicks Sign Wade?

The only reason I present this idea is due to the situation of owing our unprotected draft pick to Toronto (via denver) next season.

Therefore nothing can be gained from having a terrible season aside from developing Porzingis, who would be unaffected by the Wade signing.

Signing Greg Monroe alone will not catapult this team out of the lottery. Could Wade help the Knicks grab the 8th seed?

My only issue with Wade is my perception that he tends to coast these days; he no longer has the fire he did in '06.

Banned

Default Re: Should The Knicks Sign Wade?

no they should rebuild

Quote Originally Posted by outbreak
    no they should rebuild
    No 2016 draft pick, no point in losing this season

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by NewYorkNoPicks
    No 2016 draft pick, no point in losing this season

Or trade pieces away and get draft picks back.

You're only going to get him for 2-3 more years if that. The Knicks aren't competing for anything. Why waste the money on an aging star when you should be focusing on rebuilding? Now if he was younger and you were looking to build around him as your franchise player, then yes. But this isn't like the Nets and Wizards signing Pierce. The Knicks don't have that many pieces and you will have a ton of money going to two aging stars.

Typical Knick fan reaction. Sit back and let Jax rebuild this team, please. No one out there is gonna get us over the hump next year.

BTW, did you really think Wade would leave Miami? It's like thinking Kobe would leave LA - NOT happening.

Can't rebuild that well when Carmelo has all that money going to him for them to tank.

Not my 1st choice.

I personally wanted Jax to trade the 4th pick to Boston for a deal that included atleast the Nets 2016 unprotected pick to ensure we could do a proper rebuild

i can see it happening...Wade and Melo are good friends, too. wouldn;t be surprised to bring a bit more stardom to MSG with Wade being picked up.

if the nYk didn't grab Wade, it's not as if they have much of an upside to look forward too...might as well. however, Miami will end up hating Wade (not as bad as some of them hating Lebron, for whatever reasons they may have ) but with e rejuvenate Knicks/Heat rivalry, can certainly see him become a bit of a bad guy to the Heat fanbase...and particularly Riley

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode
    Can't rebuild that well when Carmelo has all that money going to him for them to tank.
    Rebuilding just fine - with or without him, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by NewYorkNoPicks
    Not my 1st choice.

I personally wanted Jax to trade the 4th pick to Boston for a deal that included atleast the Nets 2016 unprotected pick to ensure we could do a proper rebuild
    So you wanted us to trade a great prospect for a bunch of shitty prospects and a pick that might not even be lottery? That's brilliant.

I understand he sacrificed for the better of the team, but he's not worth Kobe money that will cripple us. So if the Knicks really want him, I don't see him saying no to top dollar. He's good friends with Melo too.

NY is my biggest concern when it comes to losing Wade.

Hustle Loyalty Respect Knicks101's Avatar

God no.

Quote Originally Posted by r15mohd
    however, Miami will end up hating Wade (not as bad as some of them hating Lebron, for whatever reasons they may have
    The vast majority won't hate him. They are already hating on Riley and Arison for not giving Wade the money he wants. He'll still be loved in Miami and it'll still be Wade county.

If he does leave, I hope he goes to the Bucks or the Suns.

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    So you wanted us to trade a great prospect for a bunch of shitty prospects and a pick that might not even be lottery? That's brilliant.
    Oh whats up f@ggot? Nice seeing you again after such a long time.

Secondly the Nets are horrible, their unprotected picks are some of the most valuable assets in the league. Do you honestly think theyll be making the playoffs with Joe Johnson another year older and another year of Deron Williams barely trying?

They have virtually zero assets or ways to improve that roster. A capped out team that can not sign anyone and albatross contracts that no team in their right mind would trade for unless it was a problem player.

The Celtics offered 6 draft picks for the 9th pick... Do you really think that wouldnt help the Knicks rebuild?

This was a 3 player draft where we selected 4th; Porzingis is a gamble. To move back in the draft to where the Celtics selected while acquiring 5 other draft picks would have been a smart move
    Last edited by NewYorkNoPicks; 06-29-2015 at 05:35 PM.