Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Danny Green agrees to 4-year, $45-million dollar deal with San Antonio

Quote Originally Posted by Spurs5Rings2014
    That loyalty.

Default Re: Danny Green agrees to 4-year, $45-million dollar deal with San Antonio

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    Already done.

Splitter to Hawks.
    Thanks, Budenholzer. Spurs've taken care of Splitter too - sent him to a good team which is high on team work, has Bud running it, etc.

I'm SO happy Green is back - someone to defend Westbrooke/Curry, etc in the West. LMA better come to SA or what'll they do without Splitter? I hope they keep Mills too. This must mean that Manu's gone and/or Duncan's playing for veteran's minimum.
    Last edited by rmt; 07-01-2015 at 12:40 PM.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rmt
    Thanks, Budenholzer. I'm SO happy Green is back - someone to defend Westbrooke/Curry, etc in the West. LMA better come to SA or what'll they do without Splitter? I hope they keep Mills too. This must mean that Manu's gone or Duncan's playing for veteran's minimum.
    I said this earlier.

They either know 100% LMA is coming...or they have a plan B. No way they make that Splitter trade on potential alone.

College superstar

Rockets and Mavs are fucked if the Spurs sign Lamarcus Aldridge.

Quote Originally Posted by MiseryCityTexas
    Rockets and Mavs are fucked if the Spurs sign Lamarcus Aldridge.

well consider them fcked...bcuz they just did

Wow, this is nuts. When was the last time the Spurs landed a significant free agent from another team?

Quote Originally Posted by ShackEelOKneel
    Wow, this is nuts. When was the last time the Spurs landed a significant free agent from another team?
    Does Finley count? Got him for cheap with Cuban still paying him. They did deliver though - he got his ring.

Decent playground baller

Love this move. Really didn't want to lose Green to get Aldridge, somehow they found a way to get both. Good job Spurs front office .

Wow. Green/Timmy/Leonard doing God's work

Let's do it again Ginobili pls

Local High School Star Bimbo Coles's Avatar

If were Ainge, I'd have offered him 90mil/5yr Kawhi money.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    Unreal value for Spurs here on Green and Leonard.

Don't know how they pull this shit off every year.

Now they just have to convince LMA to leave for sure. Then sign and trade Splitter/Diaw and a pick to the Blazers and the money should work.

Blazers should do that imo....they can flip splitter and diaw for real assets. Those guys are good and are on good contracts.

Blazers might be able to turn losing LMA into a young player and a couple picks.

I think it's a mistake for the Blazers to go after Monroe or sign guys in free agency.

I like the Aminu signing, but they should stop there. Let the rest of the guys go and rebuild/retool.

The Cavs should get DIAW he would be better than Love imo on that team.. Guy could play pf and is a smart player that can do everything as well as Love except rebound...

I am your soldier!

Quote Originally Posted by Bimbo Coles
    If were Ainge, I'd have offered him 90mil/5yr Kawhi money.
    LOLWUT?

Ainge would though.

Local High School Star Bimbo Coles's Avatar

Yeah, I would. Posters on here need to understand that not every team is playing for a championship, not every team can attract the best free agents. My Boston blueprint (going back to last season)...

Trade Jeff Green and Evan Turner to Knicks for Tim Hardaway Jr and Andrea Bargnani (expiring)

Trade Rajon Rondo to Dallas for Devin Harris, Brandon Wright (expiring), Jae Crowder (expiring) - picks are superfluous

This season: Sign Danny Green (salary dump Gerald Wallace, or let him expire)

G Smart, Harris
    G Bradley, Hardaway Jr
    F Green, Young
    F Sullinger, Portis (16th pick)
    C Zeller, Olynyk

Next season: Pay Hibbert (offer him the extra year that other teams will loathe to at his age); Re-sign Sullinger, Olynyk and Zeller (Portis is a contingency)

2016-17

G Smart, Harris
    G Bradley, Hardaway Jr
    F Green, Young
    F Sullinger, Olynyk
    C Hibbert, Zeller

There would be nothing worse than being left empty-handed during the free agency frenzy, it's ubiquitous. As Ainge, I'd be under no illusion as to who could be attracted. I'm paying overs for Hibbert and Green, but I know I'll get them (and the cap will continue to make both price tags seem less exorbitant). The rest is about letting the team gel. Smart, Bradley, Sullinger, Hardaway Jr and Young are young enough and have the talent for the team to be a surprising success.

with God-given ass JimmyMcAdocious's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by @EricPincus
    Danny Green's deal with the San Antonio Spurs is $10 mil flat each season, 4 years, last a player option @BBallInsiders
    https://twitter.com/EricPincus/statu...70036785872896

Even less than reported... dude left like 20 mil on the table based on what same level players got. And this is probably his chance at the biggest contract for his career based on age and contract length.

Confirmed: Spurs paying under the table.