Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Local High School Star JohnnyBravo5's Avatar

Default Re: DeMarre Carroll to the Raptors

The Craptors just Joe Johnson themselves..

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by BurningHammer
    Kinda agreed to this. Should have been 4/40. Off Hawks squad he basically is #5 of its regular starter. Now he gets paid like #3.
    The guy is 29 and had one good year in a team that's entirely built on a system. I don't get what the Raps are thinking here. The Raptors have a ton of complementary players, but what they're sorely lacking is an all star. They need that superstar closer and God bless him but Derozan isn't it. Ross, Derozan, some 1st rounders owned to them should be enough ammo to land a certified superstar.

Carroll is solid. Lets hope this signing pans out

Carroll was high on my list even if they were other SFs targeted. Brings a veteran and 3&D player the Raptors badly needed at the wing. I think now the Raptors will try to get another PF and try to fill out the bench with rebounding and defense.

Sign guys like Brandan Wright and Bismack Biyombo. I wonder if Pat becomes a starter now ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bosnian Sajo
    He should go to Detroit, imo would fit in much better. The Raptors need a PF.
    Raptors needed a SF more than a PF.

Quote Originally Posted by Dro
    They have Terrance Ross, why do they need Carroll? And at $15 mil? WTF?
    Like others have said, Ross is awful. I will not be surprised if he is traded or even let go once his contract is up. The last 2 playoffs have been so trash when he was in the lineup, no more of that.

Quote Originally Posted by yeaaaman
    Terrance Ross is still young though so there is still potential to be reached, although he didn't have a great year and I agree doesn't have the size to match up with a lot of the SF's out there.
    Ross was supposed to be "NBA ready" and contribute to a team right away. Not much potential at all. He is what he is, I have seen no improvement from him since his rookie year with the exception that he is just starting.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

Man I'm gonna miss the Junkyard Dog...

But the Raptors still overpaid for him. He's a good player. Great defender(underrated at that end) and can hit some threes

Quote Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7
    Carroll was high on my list even if they were other SFs targeted. Brings a veteran and 3&D player the Raptors badly needed at the wing. I think now the Raptors will try to get another PF and try to fill out the bench with rebounding and defense.

Sign guys like Brandan Wright and Bismack Biyombo. I wonder if Pat becomes a starter now ?

Raptors needed a SF more than a PF.

Like others have said, Ross is awful. I will not be surprised if he is traded or even let go once his contract is up. The last 2 playoffs have been so trash when he was in the lineup, no more of that.

Ross was supposed to be "NBA ready" and contribute to a team right away. Not much potential at all. He is what he is, I have seen no improvement from him since his rookie year with the exception that he is just starting.
    And as per usual..... I concur

National High School Star Twiens's Avatar

Thank god TRoss has started his last game in the NBA. So bad, back to the 15 minutes off the bench he deserves.

Quote Originally Posted by Captvic
    Man I'm gonna miss the Junkyard Dog...

But the Raptors still overpaid for him. He's a good player. Great defender(underrated at that end) and can hit some threes
    Was his nickname really the Junkyard Dog ?

That's what the Raptors nicknamed Jerome Williams.

Quote Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7
    Was his nickname really the Junkyard Dog ?

That's what the Raptors nicknamed Jerome Williams.
    Yeah it was.

Was a fan favourite similarly to Jerome as well.

$15 million? For DeMarre Carroll?

That's more than Stephen Curry's salary. It's also what James Harden makes. Carroll is good, but wow he does not deserve that contract.

Man, what is point having like 12 spots channels when none of them are covering this ?

There's 4 channels covering the NHL's free agency.

The rest make sense, covering the Jays/Sox game. Another covering Wimbledon.

Fire Dwane Casey

Quote Originally Posted by Smook A.

That's more than Stephen Curry's salary. It's also what James Harden makes. Carroll is good, but wow he does not deserve that contract.
    Do people here still not understand that a contract like this is going to be the norm for players like Carroll? The cap is going to sky rocket to 106-110mil in two years. $15 million will be like 8-9 million in today's cap.

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Smook A.

Look what Khris Middleton got, what Tristain Thompson is getting, Brandon Knight. It's all a lot of money but it's all pretty much the norm and/or will be come next year anyways.

Serious playground baller

Sam AmickVerified account
    ‏@sam_amick

The $$ obviously doesn't work & I have no clue how it would, but the pitch was DeMar at the two, Wes at the three and Carroll at the four.
    so they plan on playing him at PF?