Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Jim Buss where is the logic ?

There's a point where you have to say no. It shouldn't matter what accolades a player gave to your franchise, when it's his time to go it's his time to go. Kobe Bryant is halting the retooling of the Lakers.

The Buss family needs to stand up to Kobe and tell him that his time as a Laker is up. He doesn't have to retire, but you have to get off our team. The Lakers have lost out on key free agents in three consecutive offseasons because of Kobe's pride and arrogance. If I was a Laker fan I'd be pissed that he's holding my team hostage and inevitably crippling our chance at All-Star free agents.

Quote Originally Posted by RightTwoCensor
    There's a point where you have to say no. It shouldn't matter what accolades a player gave to your franchise, when it's his time to go it's his time to go. Kobe Bryant is halting the retooling of the Lakers.

The Buss family needs to stand up to Kobe and tell him that his time as a Laker is up. He doesn't have to retire, but you have to get off our team. The Lakers have lost out on key free agents in three consecutive offseasons because of Kobe's pride and arrogance. If I was a Laker fan I'd be pissed that he's holding my team hostage and inevitably crippling our chance at All-Star free agents.

Its fair to say, most Laker fans, are actually Kobe fans first, and Laker fans second.

Banned

So you are going to blame a guy that hardly played for two years as holding the team back?

The Lakers could have been rebuilding the team while he was out. Everyone expected Kobe to not last the season but he still tried. Please explain to me how its Kobe's fault for the team's failures.

Money? Would you turn down that money? They should have paid Kobe $40 million a year to stay on those 2 crap teams and to play with those scrubs.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 9erempiree
    So you are going to blame a guy that hardly played for two years as holding the team back?
    Yes.

The Lakers could have been rebuilding the team while he was out.
    With who and what assets? In 2013 they were over the cap and had to settle with the scraps of free agency (Nick Young and Chris Kaman). 2014 they attempted to get every single All-Star free agent on the market and all of them said no, then to put salt on the wound they let Pau Gasol walk for free. 2015 is turning out the exact same.

Everyone expected Kobe to not last the season but he still tried. Please explain to me how its Kobe's fault for the team's failures.
    Horrible communicator causes teammates (Dwight Howard, Pau Gasol, Metta World Peace) to walk without a second thought. His poor communication skills turns Free Agents away (Marc Gasol, Carmelo Anthony, Chris Bosh, Kevin Love, Lamarcus Aldridge). He's picky for no reason, he wants players that'll settle the sidekick role.

Money? Would you turn down that money?
    When that's a fraction of what I earn in endorsements? Yes.
    When I'm crying about a 6th ring? Yes.

But Kobe doesn't understand that at this point of his career he needs to make a financial sacrifice to rebuild this Lakers team as soon as possible. He's worried about getting reimbursed for what he's given to the Los Angeles Lakers, I'm not sure he's even still in the league for the rings.

Be right back, I am still crying on my 5 rings handkerchief.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Bandito
    Be right back, I am still crying on my 5 rings handkerchief.
    Don't fill it with snot so fast, you're gonna need it when you see 50 year old Kobe in a Lakers uniform.

Great college starter Quickening's Avatar

Why do Lakers owe Kobe anything?

They gave him prime Shaq to piggyback, then built teams around him every year post Shaq resulting in 2 championships, earning Kobe huge revenue from endorsements and salary.

If anything, it is Kobe who owes the Lakers. if he got drafted to a chitty franchise he wouldn't be in the top 20 ever, nevermind 10.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Exclamation Re: Jim Buss where is the logic ?

Don't fill it with snot so fast, you're gonna need it when you see 50 year old Kobe in a Lakers uniform.
    you were still jizz in your daddy's nutsacc the last time rockets were relevant

Quote Originally Posted by Springsteen
    They did this for Jeter too and now the Yankees are fine, don't see the big deal.

Well it's a bit different scenario...no cap restriction in baseball to say he's preventing the Yanks from fielding a good squad, and the Yanks had very good players just not pitchers that past few years. Not to mention, Jeter is basically loved by the whole of baseball and his teammates, and they enjoy working with him as he's a true leader whereas Kobe kind of throws you under the bus when things get a bit sour

Yes the Yanks and Lakers share that elite status, but that's about it as far as comparison....Yanks take care of theirs and still remain competitive, with no room for egotistical b/s

Saw a basketball once

I think Lakers need to rebuild around their young talent. Even with Kobe taking less money, I don't see how could they build a team that can compete against OKC, GSW, MEM, SAS in the west.

Stop chasing stars or talking about Kobe as if he was still elite. He is not. Rebuild with young talent and let em play against the tough teams so they can develop into something great. Look at OKC. They had it bad last year, but you know tthat when healthy, they are ****ing awesome. Chasing stars and doing moves just to make space is just slowing them down.

I love Kobe and I am grateful for his achievements with the team. But it's time to move on.

Jim Buss said he would step down after the three years if they don't meet their goal, so i'm down with that Tbh, the league fked LA over with the CP3 trade, poor hirings of coaches also did that. Steve Nash and Dwight trades also did that. Kobe taking money really didn't matter if the management didn't even know who they were going to target in FA, so he took it anyways.

i swear kobe has been giving jeanie the black mamba for years now, the way she slurps on this dude and then gives him that huge contract. what a farce.

The Lakers could have been rebuilding the team while he was out. Everyone expected Kobe to not last the season but he still tried. Please explain to me how its Kobe's fault for the team's failures.

Money? Would you turn down that money? They should have paid Kobe $40 million a year to stay on those 2 crap teams and to play with those scrubs.

Jim and Jeanie Buss are at fault, you can't blame Kobe for taking the money or demanding to still be the main guy, it's up to management to step in and set up more appropriate discourses that would make the Lakers for attractive for free agents, what free agents will sign with the Lakers, given that Buss family have said that this is another Kobe celebration year.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by Sharmer
    Jim and Jeanie Buss are at fault, you can't blame Kobe for taking the money or demanding to still be the main guy, it's up to management to step in and set up more appropriate discourses that would make the Lakers for attractive for free agents, what free agents will sign with the Lakers, given that Buss family have said that this is another Kobe celebration year.
    Here's the difference between good front offices like the Lakers and great front offices like the Spurs. The Spurs will tell Timmy "we can get Aldridge and keep Green if you're willing to take a paycut to make them fit" whereas the Lakers told Kobe aayear beforebefore feeefree agencyr "here's a boatload of money and we'll still be able to sign another superstar" except they actually didn't have a plan. They let their sentimentality take over their business sense. If you're going to blame Kobe for anything it's assuming that the clowns in the front office could actually do their jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by longtime lurker
    Here's the difference between good front offices like the Lakers and great front offices like the Spurs. The Spurs will tell Timmy "we can get Aldridge and keep Green if you're willing to take a paycut to make them fit" whereas the Lakers told Kobe aayear beforebefore feeefree agencyr "here's a boatload of money and we'll still be able to sign another superstar" except they actually didn't have a plan. They let their sentimentality take over their business sense. If you're going to blame Kobe for anything it's assuming that the clowns in the front office could actually do their jobs.
    I don't blame a player for maximising their value, that's actually smart from the economic view, but it does raise questions on if such a player are really about themselves or the franchise, Duncan and Wade have taken pay hits in the past, in order to look after the best interest of the franchise, Kobe is not the same, but he's not to blame.

Jim and Jeanie Buss have inherited the Lakers, they have not earned anything, so they are likely to make poor decisions because they really don't know what to takes to build a championship organisation.

I am just waiting for the day, when Laker fans start demanding for them to step down.