Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Joel Embiid is huge

Quote Originally Posted by Marchesk
    Higher than Oden?
    Imo it's really hard to tell because Embiid started playing basketball way later than all these other blue chip prospects. What makes him so intriguing is that his natural feel for the game on both ends is something extremely rare, something even Oden didn't have. He wasn't as accomplished a player in college as Oden was, but it's hard to project because his improvement on a game-by-game basis was ridiculous...watching him over the course of his college season, at times it felt like he already knew how to do everything, like he just stopped playing for a while and was shaking the rust off...but then you realize no, he only started playing 3-4 years ago and is actually learning all of this on the fly. Every night he would get smarter, look sharper, have new tricks in his game.
    Last edited by Milbuck; 07-05-2015 at 02:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by keep-itreal
    is he even going to play next season??

Perhaps not, but these kids are saying he's "running shit"

For the record I'm a believer if he can be healthy but let's wait till he steps on the court

Looking tall next to okafor isn't something that will be rare. The lakers "brought out the tape measure" on okafor and that is a big reason they didn't choose him. 6-9 guys never look tall in the nba

with God-given ass JimmyMcAdocious's Avatar

What Oden did in his freshman year is pretty underrated. People sometimes forget he broke his wrist (shooting hand) and missed the start of the season. Once he got his feet wet again, he was a regular ~17/10/3 blocks and Ohio State didn't lose a single game for the last few months before the National Championship.

I know college... But I remember watching that game not completely sold on Oden at the time and I left in awe at his performance and upside. He was single handedly keeping his team in the game on both ends. btw, UF with a post consisting of Joakim Noah, Al Horford, Mo Speights, and Chris Richard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPFGowA_njQ
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wts9V9kIKH4
    Last edited by JimmyMcAdocious; 07-05-2015 at 05:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by keep-itreal
    is he even going to play next season??
    he could have played last year..

Quote Originally Posted by el gringos
    Looking tall next to okafor isn't something that will be rare. The lakers "brought out the tape measure" on okafor and that is a big reason they didn't choose him. 6-9 guys never look tall in the nba
    Did they bring out the tape measure when they traded for Hibbert? 7'2, I'm pretty sure that's the longest turd ever measured.

Quote Originally Posted by el gringos
    He's 6'10 3/4. Not 6'9. Also 7'5 wingspan and 9'2 inch standing reach. How many centers in the NBA have that?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    He's 6'10 3/4. Not 6'9. Also 7'5 wingspan and 9'2 inch standing reach. How many centers in the NBA have that?
    Hater Troll?

He's not that tall. No way hosay. He's 6-10 barefoot AT maximum.

Quote Originally Posted by GIF REACTION
    Hater Troll?

He's not that tall. No way hosay. He's 6-10 barefoot AT maximum.
    What are you even typing? You don't make sense. And how many centers have the wingspan and reach like Okafor? He's tall enough. He's not undersized like Sullinger

Great college starter chocolatethunder's Avatar

He's 6' 9.5 barefoot and 6'11" w shoes on. He has a 7'5" wingspan. He's fine.

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatethunder
    He's 6' 9.5 barefoot and 6'11" w shoes on. He has a 7'5" wingspan. He's fine.
    So he's as tall as Cousins.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyMontana
    Jahlil Okafor is a terrible athlete(for NBA standards). He is pretty ****ing pudgy, not quite fat....but he just doesn't have that natural elite frame. He looks soft. And it's not the same with a guy like Pierce or Harden who have that deceptive athletisicm. Okafor is just not athletic at all. On top of it those guys were mentally tough, while this guy is half retarded.

Simply standing next to this guy of course is going to make him look better.
    Okafor is still huge

But will he ever play?

#NoMoreTanking

He's got like 4 inches at the shoulders. Embiid has rare talent for a 7 footer. He was showing some Hakeem-esque footwork and quickness. As a fan of the game, I hope he can stay healthy because I'm curious to see how good he can be.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marchesk
    Higher than Oden?
    Yes, higher than Oden. I thought Oden would be good, but I wasn't this bullish on him. Something about Greg just unnerved me. Maybe it was because he looked like LeBron's dad.

Embiid is going to step on an NBA floor as essentially the biggest/longest player in the league along with Javale McGee. And, he is very athletic and already extremely skilled considering how long he has been playing the game.

He has the "it" factor, whatever that is. Now, he needs some work, so the coaching has to be right. But, man... if this guy puts it all together, look out.