Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    National High School Star Richesly's Avatar

Default Re: Why aren't the Hawks the consensus 2nd seed?

Quote Originally Posted by RidonKs
    damn i did not hear about that. pretty good pick up. mid-late first rounder doesn't seem horribly steep like peeps might feel.

but you know as well as i do (having read your posts, you seem reasonable) that he is not going to be enough to put you over the top next season. which is what this thread was about.

i admittedly saw little of him the past two seasons. because besides new yorkers who didn't? how do you think he'll fit next to teague and shroeder?
    He will need time to mesh. People considered Korver a horrible defender before coming to ATL, now he's one of the best help defending wings in the league, in my honest opinion and throwing away the bias.

Tim is a great addition and although we lost Junkyard Dog, we still have more depth than before since we added Splitter, Hardaway, and Tavares is coming to Atlanta. Splitter might be an offensive liability, but maybe he can develop a post game during his time here.

National High School Star Richesly's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hamtaro CP3KDKG
    Dropped off hard in 2nd half of season and playoffs. Had problems with fcking rooklyn who shouldnt even be anywhere close to a playoff team Wiz wouldve beat them if Wall was healthy

lost their only good perimeter defender besides Thabo who could space the floor and make an impact without plays bein called for him, along with Millsap was their anchors on D. Hardaway is an awful defender\
    Splitters nice but hes an offensive liability
    We had problems with Brooklyn because Lopez. Now we have Splitter/Tavares, and that wouldn't happen again. Also, Dwill went flashback mode on us in a game.

rank sentamentalist

Quote Originally Posted by Richesly
    He will need time to mesh. People considered Korver a horrible defender before coming to ATL, now he's one of the best help defending wings in the league, in my honest opinion and throwing away the bias.

Tim is a great addition and although we lost Junkyard Dog, we still have more depth than before since we added Splitter, Hardaway, and Tavares is coming to Atlanta. Splitter might be an offensive liability, but maybe he can develop a post game during his time here.
    korver is a wonderful defender but he learned in chicago, not in atlanta. not to say coach bud didn't have an impact.

i realized i did not read you op. splitter is a great addition, zach lowe was talking at length about how surprised he was nobody else tried to pick him up. or maybe it was a buddy buddy trade with pop and bud. helping each other out kinda thing? splitter will be great next to either hawk big.

in the limited time i've spent watching hardaway, he strikes me as scoring off the bench first and foremost. what about long periods of teague/rondo coexisting with the starters?

developing splitters post game is a horrible idea imo. he's really good cutting to the hoop. he'd rather not have the ball in his hands, as we all witnessed when he shit the bed against miami in 2014. he'll work to get position and shot opening around the hoop. i wouldn't trust him in isolation more than once or twice a game though.

The Hawks are better than last season tbh. Added some real size, good youn wing scorer, and looking to add one more win. They'll be good of again

Decent playground baller

The Hawks did nothing in the playoffs to convince me that they were anything other than clicking during the middle of the season. Losing Carroll just makes them even worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirror
    The Hawks did nothing in the playoffs to convince me that they were anything other than clicking during the middle of the season. Losing Carroll just makes them even worse.
    What exactly last year made them bad. Specifics please

Decent college freshman

They lost DeMarre Carroll, sure, but obtained Splitter! And Raptors can have Carroll for ****in $15M a year... jesus.

Obtained Tim Hardaway Jr. who is the scorer that we needed. Millsap is still a defensive monster and will be most likely playing the 3 which he is capable of doing as a stretch 4 with a good set of post moves.

Line up:
    Teague/Schroder/Mack
    Korver/Hardaway/Jenkins
    Millsap/Sefolosha/Bazemore
    Horford/Scott/Muscala
    Splitter/Tavares/Brand most likely

For those who don't know who and what Tavares can do, a quick google search can fix that.

This team will be the ship team.

And we also have Dimitrios Agravanis, but he will probably go play in Europe to develop just like Tavares did.

This team is even better than last years.

Tavares > Hibbert
    Splitter is a good get. Milsap is a big defensive downgrade as a starting 3 IMO and Hardaway isn't good, sorry. Hawks will be a top 4 seed t hough. Miami ad Chicago being the primary competition

Hawks critics "they lack size they lack size they lack size". So they go out and add size? Now they're worse lol. 7'0 splitter, 7'3 Tavares.

I wouldn't go so far as to say Korver is a great defender, he's not as bad as a lot of people probably assume an older white SG would be, but he definitely has trouble staying in front of pretty much any guard/wing with a decent first step.

Hardaway has good length and is a decent athlete so the tools to be a good defender should be there, Bud and the rest of the staff will have to work with him though. His defense improving is a downright necessity for me to believe that trading him for a first round pick was a good move. I'd still much rather have just grabbed a 3&D guy like Justin Anderson and called it a day.

Also there's no way Millsap starts at the 3. He's made the All-Star game the past two years playing the 4 alongside Horford, absolutely no reason to change that up. Splitter is only good for about 25mpg anyway, he will be our first big off the bench and will work well with either Millsap or Horford, (or Muscala) playing the 4.

I don't expect Tavares to get more than garbage time minutes this season as we work to develop him, I'm excited about his potential though.
    Last edited by hawksdogsbraves; 07-06-2015 at 01:32 PM.

Decent playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by atljonesbro
    What exactly last year made them bad. Specifics please
    What exactly in my post indicated that I thought they were bad? Specifics please.

Seriously though, they aren't bad, but they weren't as mind boggling good as Hawks fans made them sound during the middle of last season. They fell off, and were underwhelming in the playoffs as everybody except Hawks fans seemed to think. They could easily be a top 2 seed in the East this year, but they also could easily not be. It all depends on which version of the Hawks show up.

Decent college freshman MellowYellow's Avatar

We did add a scoring wing, name is Tim Hardaway Jr.
    THJ is pure trash bro, no d cant shoot can't pass can't score

I can see them being #1 in the east again. I'm sure the Cavs are going to be resting the shit out of their players after that injury epidemic last season, and the Bulls are a joke.

They are a team that needs an alpha dog, clear cut best player. They are not as good as the Spurs where that can get it done in the playoffs. Teague is good, Horford is good, Korver is good, Millsap is good but none of them can take over a game or will the team some baskets in a close game in the playoffs.