Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678
    The ISH'ers Champion!

Default Re: Breaking Lou Williams signing with lakers

Quote Originally Posted by oh the horror
    The way I see it, Nick got his contract and then decided to f*ck around after that.
    He won't if Kobe plays a full season.

NBA All-star

they are building the show time Lakers,

without a full time Magic Johnson/Kareem Abdul Jabbar

you can't count on any player, not even Magic in my opinion, to continuously carry a team by playing the Center position as well as the PG

even with Lebron, this team still falls around the second round of the playoffs. this is after having a top 5 and a top 2 draft pick in consecutive years.

Is it just me, or does this contract seem really cheap ? With all the money that has been thrown around this offseason, $7M per year for the current 6th Man of the Year seems like a bargain.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by BigTicket
    Is it just me, or does this contract seem really cheap ? With all the money that has been thrown around this offseason, $7M per year for the current 6th Man of the Year seems like a bargain.
    It is especially with the cap exploding in 2016 and even more in 2017.

great pick-up. lou is awesome

The ISH'ers Champion!

Quote Originally Posted by BigTicket
    It's. We'll see how it translates.

Excellent off-season, absolutely perfect.
    Well done Jim & Mitch. I loved our pick to be completely honest. Randle hasn't sniffed a minute last year either. Two players that could completely change our perspective on our future; they both could be pretty darn good.

Ignoring our two young players; Hibbert is a win/win, IMO. This man might not average the same rebounds Ben Wallace, Dennis Rodman or Chris Paul but his defensive impact is elite. If people actually analyzed some of the more advance defensive stats, they'd know he's an asset to have at center. If he has a great year; we have the option of simply re-signing him. If he does not, than we free up cap space. Kobe is off the books (I will cry when he retires, by the way) and we signed Lou for an absolute bargain.

I actually think the FO made a pitch about next off-season to Lou; promising him a contender. I can quite easily see LA being one trade away or signing a Russell Westbrook or Kevin Durant from being where they were with Kobe/Pau in 2008; by the start of next season.

Best case scenario; we see a lot of spark and chemistry from Randle & Russell. Our other youth elevate their game and Hibbert has a strong defensive season. I doubt we're keeping our pick; so I hope we win enough games so we can throw both middle fingers toward Philly.

We are Kevin Durant and a couple of seasons away from being serious contenders, IMO.

Russell, Clarkson, Durant, Randle & Hibbert.
    Of course, our future heavily depends on our young prospects. Which is the only thing I'll be watching this year; seeing them (hopefully) grow and become stars. I love what I saw from Clarkson last year; and I hope Randle & Russell become even (borderline) all-stars in this league. With a legit superstar, this team is as good as it gets in this current league.

Not to mention; a pretty deep bench. Love the Bass acquisition.
    Last edited by West-Side; 07-06-2015 at 09:37 AM.