Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

Default Re: Blazer fans, who else is looking forward to this monumental rebuild?!

Quote Originally Posted by BlazerRed
    I've been off the grid the last 4 days, and Rolo leaving was a massive surprise. No idea what happened there. I'm guessing they weren't willing to pay Wes what he wanted off the achilles injury and figured the tank was already in motion and may as well roll with it.
    I don't think the Blazers wanted to pay anybody once they knew LA was gone. They would have paid more for some guys with LA.

GSW Fan Since the 90s Cleverness's Avatar

Default Re: Blazer fans, who else is looking forward to this monumental rebuild?!

Quote Originally Posted by Bandito
    Lakers 2004
    Thought of this team and 1999 Chicago Bulls

I'm actually really excited. Meyers Leonard and CJ McCollum really showed up in the playoffs. I can't wait to see them get even better. McCollum looked like an all-star vs Memphis. Leonard played great defense.

We still need to get a couple more stars out of the next couple drafts but I'm a lot more hopeful than when we lost Brandon Roy and Greg Oden.

Local High School Star EllEffEll's Avatar

Lakers in 2004 that were not there for 2005:

Shaquille O'Neai
    Rick Fox
    Derek Fisher
    Karl Malone
    Gary Payton
    Horace Grant
    Bryon Russell
    Jannero Pargo

and other(s).

Oh, and that coach: Phil Jackson

That was a meltdown for the ages.

Still, the Blazers took a pretty good tumble this summer. They do seem to have a decent FO, so it will be interesting to see how they respond. The West is brutal for the 'have-nots' of the NBA, so it could be an ugly season for them as they re-tool as they are suddenly among them.

3-time NBA All-Star Lakers Legend#32's Avatar

What are they rebuilding from?

Quote Originally Posted by RoseCity07
    I'm actually really excited. Meyers Leonard and CJ McCollum really showed up in the playoffs. I can't wait to see them get even better. McCollum looked like an all-star vs Memphis. Leonard played great defense.

We still need to get a couple more stars out of the next couple drafts but I'm a lot more hopeful than when we lost Brandon Roy and Greg Oden.
    Damn, and I thought us Lakers fan had it bad. This n!gga hype about Meyers Leonard and CJ McCollum.

Lillard will have to take it to another level. He's got a lot to prove next season.

I've always liked the Blazers. Lillard is one of my favorite players, so I hope he gets more help soon.

Myers Leonard is a beast in 2K. They list him at 7'2" and he drains 3's.

When was the last time a team lost 4 starters in a single off-season?
    1998 Bulls. I think

Quote Originally Posted by SaltyMeatballs
    1998 Bulls. I think
    Lost Phil too and replaced him with Tim Floyd. Easily the worst dismantle ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7
    Lost Phil too and replaced him with Tim Floyd. Easily the worst dismantle ever.
    The Jordan effect. When Mike left, the Bulls were like "**** it, we aren't gonna win a championship any time soon"

High School Starter

Plumlee will put up big numbers in Portland but the reality is the Blazers lost a lot of expierence and defensive grunt withLopez, Matthews and Batum gone. Obviously losing of the best scoring bigs in the league dosent help.

Coming for that lotto pick.

When was the last time a team lost 4 starters in a single off-season?
    happens all the time.

Lakers lost Jeremy Lin, Wesley Johnson, Carlos Boozer and Jordan Hill.

not very often a 50+ win team loses 4 starters, Lillard must be un ****ing bearable lmao