Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456
    NBA All-star

Default Re: Yanks, why are your women so good and your men so bad at football?

this has something to do with peoples ability to utilize the term 'designated' doesn't it.

what if....fair to say Kobe would cover all the bases of bieng a soccer megastar.....and leading team US to Gold once again.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by lakers_forever
    The tallest legendary player I can think of is Ibra and he is 6'5. No legendary player in the hystory of the game over 6'5 and I can't think of any other even 6'4 or 6'3.

No one cares about Women's Soccer. People barely care about Men's Soccer, and even less about Women's, so I'm not really sure.

I saw a vid where a guy asked, would you rather your local Women's soccer team win the championship, or find $5 bucks on the ground? Everyone went with the $5.

Our top athletic talent pursuing other sports is clearly a part of it but skill development definitely lags in the US. It's probably a feedback loop where resources aren't poured into soccer because top talent don't care and vice versa. And of course the lack of a lucrative pro league in the US is important.

If we had a professional soccer league that was competitive financially with the NBA, MLB and NHL (can't compare the NFL, that's on another level financially...another stratosphere, even), soccer would be massive over here. A soccer league that could make national, even regional superstars...pay you on level with those three leagues...would probably give the game the recruiting push it needs to convince A LOT more kids to stick with it past the youth level.