Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    National High School Star lakers_forever's Avatar

Default Re: Yanks, why are your women so good and your men so bad at football?

Quote Originally Posted by DonDadda59
    ^Thems.

If our best athletes cared 1/10th as much about soccer as the rest of the World does, we'd be unstoppable at soccer. Luckily for 'the others', most dudes don't play soccer past the 6th grade so Euro/Latin midgets run the game for now.
    The likes of Lebron and Kobe would suck. Too tall. Kobe grew up in Italy, played soccer as a child and looks clumsy as hell shooting the ball.
    The tallest legendary player I can think of is Ibra and he is 6'5. No legendary player in the hystory of the game over 6'5 and I can't think of any other even 6'4 or 6'3. See the pattern? Brazilian nba players all dreamed to be footballers, but could not make it...

Quote Originally Posted by Hawker
    USA has done as good as or better than England since 2002 world cup.

USA finished top of the group that they both shared in 2010.

If USA is bad at mens soccer than England must be abysmal.
    Yet, guys like Lampard, Beckham, Owen, Gerrard, Rooney, Terry would all be considered GOAT USA player if they were american.

Please, let's not pretend US is near England as a football power. And no, I'm not british. I'm brazilian.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Akrazotile
    This isn't true. If top level football and basketball players had the archetypical body for soccer, then that's what the best soccer players around the world would look like.

Neymar is like 5'8 160 pounds.

The reason US does not compete as well in soccer is largely because young kids, even the ones who play competitive soccer, do not WATCH high level competitive soccer. Therefore the nuance in the game is not engrained in them as young. As a kid you just run around and kick the ball.

If you watched the US in last world cup, it's obvious we do not pass and possess the ball like other teams. That's because you have to really study how that's done at a young age, which kids in all other countries do. They don't study it consciously, but rather unconsciously by going and watching the sport played professionally. In the US, nobody watches soccer, so we our kids are not conditioned for the sport the same way.
    In the US all our sports are individualized, 1 on 1 BRO !

In Europe and other countries it's much more about the team and intelligent play amongst each other.

I don't think soccer lends itself to just giving the ball to a giant and telling him to plow everybody over and score ala basketball and footvall.. it takes more nuance and finesse us super athletes can't comprehend.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by lakers_forever
    Yet, guys like Lampard, Beckham, Owen, Gerrard, Rooney, Terry would all be considered GOAT USA player if they were american.

Please, let's not pretend US is near England as a football power. And no, I'm not british. I'm brazilian.

This guy is fovever our goat

Dunking on everybody in the park

USA has done as good as or better than England since 2002 world cup.

USA finished top of the group that they both shared in 2010.

If USA is bad at mens soccer than England must be abysmal.
    England made the Quarter Finals in 2006 when USA got humiliated in the group stage you jackass.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

That's great.

How do they perform as a team? I'm talking about team accomplishments here buddy.

Rooney has done **** all for England.

Quote Originally Posted by pinhead
    England made the Quarter Finals in 2006 when USA got humiliated in the group stage you jackass.
    Yeah true. Kinda like England last year.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by tpols
    I don't think soccer lends itself to just giving the ball to a giant and telling him to plow everybody over and score ala basketball and footvall.. it takes more nuance and finesse us super athletes can't comprehend.
    Iverson was 5'11" 165 lbs soaking wet. Hand/foot/eye coordination off the charts.

Give him a soccer ball in the crib instead of a basketball/football. They'd call him Pele on steroids. Believe that.

That's great.

How do they perform as a team?

Rooney has done **** all for England.
    Rooney is about to become England's all time leading goalscorer.

You are full of shit you buttmuncher.

Yeah true. Kinda like England last year.
    Why did you lie and say USA had done as well as England since 2002?

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by tpols
    In the US all our sports are individualized, 1 on 1 BRO !

In Europe and other countries it's much more about the team and intelligent play amongst each other.

There's also a lot of finesse and nuance in bball and football dude

Quote Originally Posted by DonDadda59
    Iverson was 5'11" 165 lbs soaking wet. Hand/foot/eye coordination off the charts.

Give him a soccer ball in the crib instead of a basketball/football. They'd call him Pele on steroids. Believe that.
    Yeah right.

Quote Originally Posted by pinhead
    Rooney is about to become England's all time leading goalscorer.

You are full of shit you buttmuncher.
    Scored his first ever world cup goal last year.

Donovan > Rooney in world cup performances

with God-given ass JimmyMcAdocious's Avatar

Why only compared to basketball players where if you're 6-2, you're short? Average height for a db is about 5-11. WR is 6-1. RB is 5-10.

NBA lottery pick

Yeah right.
    Why not?