Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Fire Dwane Casey

Default Re: BREAKING: Cory Joseph to the Raptors

4 years at 30 million. Overpaid

Wow - $30m/4 years - Spurs role players getting paid by other teams. That makes Leonard's and Green's contracts seem cheap. I feel sorry for Mills who locked in at $13m/3 years - a year too early. Timing's everything.

What does Cory joseph do well?

with God-given ass JimmyMcAdocious's Avatar

Defend. I don't see how he's a starter down the line tho.

Very expensive backup PG, unless Lowry is shipped away soon.

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by gyu
    What does Cory joseph do well?
    He's a good defender, smart player learning from pop, can run an offense and doesn't turn the ball over much. Good decision maker with good potential. I think it's a good signing.

National High School Star Twiens's Avatar

Raps signing nothing but defenders, love the direction we're going.

Quote Originally Posted by yeaaaman
    He's a good defender, smart player learning from pop, can run an offense and doesn't turn the ball over much. Good decision maker with good potential. I think it's a good signing.
    How about his weaknesses?

Barkleynash is getting his way . Also agree with Tweins that Masai is signing guys that are well above average defensively and should by all accounts improve next year in that regard.

But I'm still going to hold on to fact that this a redundant move. Both Delon Wright and Cojo play the same position and both like to drive the ball and pass. Cory needs to shoot the ball much better from 3 when he plays off guard to become less of a redundancy because Wright doesn't have much range at the moment. Once he does that, then they can become a much better backcourt tandem.

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by gyu
    How about his weaknesses?
    He's not a great shooter at this point, obviously he's limited in that he's a role player but he's a solid, smart role player whose still young and can grow. I don't think hes the fastest but he's quick enough to play good D and slash.

Let's not go overboard his "weakness" is he's basically not a make or break player. But, when you're trying to change your culture, I think it's good to get defensive players that are young and compete. Especially with championship pedigree on a team that got embarrassed in last years playoffs.

He's not a great shooter at this point, obviously he's limited in that he's a role player but he's a solid, smart role player whose still young and can grow. I don't think hes the fastest but he's quick enough to play good D and slash.

Let's not go overboard his "weakness" is he's basically not a make or break player. But, when you're trying to change your culture, I think it's good to get defensive players that are young and compete. Especially with championship pedigree on a team that got embarrassed in last years playoffs.
    Like I said before, this description basically describes Delon Wright minus the championship pedigree. Why pick Wright and then sign Cory, when they are redundants ? This was the same problem with Lou and GV last year, they dominated the ball too much and didn't play much defense.

Cory has to become better from range if he's going to play off guard. I can't see him or Delon starting unless there's a trade in the works involving Lowry for a PF and I doubt that his happening at this point.

High School Varsity 6th Man

4 years 30 million for a good backup pg...holy **** the nba has gone mad.

The ISH'ers Champion!

Good. How are we looking at the PG position for the Spurs? Parker and Patty Mills.

A feast for West PG's.

Thanks, repped you for the Cory player overview