Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Default Re: Lou Williams for 7 million is better than Lamarcus Aldridge for 20 million

Quote Originally Posted by West-Side
    Whatever helps you sleep at night.

You don't remember what Bird, Magic and Jordan have said about Kobe?

"Well, it used to be Kobe Bryant ... the second best all time ... now, I have a new favorite player to play against ... my former teammate, LeBron James."

For example, this is what Wade said about Kobe before.
    There were so many quotes from guys like Jenning, Horry, Fisher, Phil Jackson etc. where they ranked Kobe as one of the five greatest players to ever play the game.

People have the utmost respect for Duncan and I would never attempt to argue with someone who thinks he is greater than Kobe; but the fact remains, NBA players and legends have always given Kobe so much love over the years.

I just find it funny how fans who dislike the man, will always try to tarnish his skills, and accomplishments.

The fact that so many fans think Duncan "is clearly" better, when players who have either played against both or who were legends themselves; clearly disagree.

I'll listen to their opinions before a fan who has never competed in an NBA game before.
    You nailed it. Whatever helps you sleep at night. Prove to me that more players think Kobe is a better player than Duncan. If you can't then don't bother embarassing yoursrld I've lost count of the number of players who went on espn radio after the 2014 championship and said that Duncan and James are the greatest players since Jordan (thereby both better than Kobe).

Sleep well mate

Default Re: Lou Williams for 7 million is better than Lamarcus Aldridge for 20 million

Quote Originally Posted by Ruler
    And Duncan with Kobe's money would be taking up 25% of the cap space your point? God dude, get out of the ocean and spit out that salt.

Duncan with Kobes money would be flying in helicopter. Too bad doe he aint alpha Ballin niggub gets scam by his agent or something

NBA Superstar

Lou Williams is like a JR Smith. He'll get hot and win you a game, then be invisible or even a detriment for the next 3.

He's not a solid championship piece for 7 million.

Though I guess the Lakers aren't gunning for a championship right now..

NBA sixth man of the year Levity's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ruler

You realize you just hindered the development of your young guys completely, right?.
    Great post is great!!! You're completely right. Our rooks will be lucky to get 15 minutes a game. And let's not forget, injuries never happen during the regular season!!!

....jackass

NBA sixth man of the year NugzFan's Avatar

Laker fans have officially lost it.

Quote Originally Posted by ShawkFactory
    Lou Williams is like a JR Smith. He'll get hot and win you a game, then be invisible or even a detriment for the next 3.

He's not a solid championship piece for 7 million.

Though I guess the Lakers aren't gunning for a championship right now..
    I think many of us forget that the NBA is a business.
    The owners spend millions of dollars so they can get a return on their investment. We fans get upset because we think "our team should tank" but it doesn't work that way.

The GM's will always try to put together a winning team because believe it or not; the revenue stream and endorsements don't bring cash in when your team is awful.

Signing someone like Lou will not win a championship but it will get fans a little more exciting and will surely make the team a little more money this upcoming season.

Plus, he's a damn good signing (value wise) in case LA does put together a contender in the next 2/3 years. Lou was the best bench player last season; great for team depth.

And the signing does not conflict with Russell's development as he'll still be the starter.
    Last edited by West-Side; 07-06-2015 at 12:21 PM.

The ISH'ers Champion!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Feeny
    And here's a Kobe stan right on cue proving my point
    But you don't have a point.

You have to have one doe...

Decent playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by kennethgriffin
    after just a bit of research.... in hindsight... the lakers dodged a huge bullet

the lakers got a 22.2ppg per 36m player for 14 million less than the spurs paid for a guy who averages 23.8ppg per 36m

but whats most shocking is i found out that

lamarcus aldridge has a 1.17 points per shot
    lou williams has a 1.33 points per shot

1.17 is actually extremely low for a big man

i'm guessing its due to only shooting 46% ... not great for a big

that and lou williams goes to the line 5 times per 11 shots and hits 2 threes a game

aldridge goes to the line only 5 times per 20 shots and hits just 1 three a game

>>>>>

What do you know, a Kobe fan cares mostly about points. Ironically though, he also talks about efficiency.

Rodney Stuckey got the same contract Lou got this off season... and this is Lou coming off a Sixth man of the year award season.

Lou is not that valuable it seems, on whatever contract.