Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    National High School Star NewYorkNoPicks's Avatar

Default Re: Can Melo age well?

Quote Originally Posted by outbreak
    There's a big difference

Cool so get him 2 future Hall Of Fame teammates who perfectly compliment not only his, but each others games, dont have redundant skillsets, and a draft a future allstar point guard a year or two before. Then Melo can have a title too

Serious playground baller Amar'e_Juwanna's Avatar

glad some people agree with me.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by NewYorkNoPicks
    Cool so get him 2 future Hall Of Fame teammates who perfectly compliment not only his, but each others games, dont have redundant skillsets, and a draft a future allstar point guard a year or two before. Then Melo can have a title too
    No because Melo would want all the money and all the possessions. One is a winner and one is an out of shape scorer who is fine losing so long as he has money and lala.

No because Melo would want all the money and all the possessions. One is a winner and one is an out of shape scorer who is fine losing so long as he has money and lala.
    paul p was loser worse than melo before the big three came together.
    Melo hate out of control. bump the narrative people need stop with these Bspn generalizations.

Yes. He might be a black hole but his ability to score is elite and the way he does it doesn't rely on explosiveness. Heck, I would bet that almost half his shot attempts are midrange or 3 point shots. All he does is face you up and pull up. Or pretend to go off the dribble and come back with a step back jumper. Most of his game is based on midrange jumpers.

Aldridge is another guy whose game will age well because he also relies heavily on midrange jumpers.

Quote Originally Posted by ClipperRevival
    Yes. He might be a black hole but his ability to score is elite and the way he does it doesn't rely on explosiveness. Heck, I would bet that almost half his shot attempts are midrange or 3 point shots. All he does is face you up and pull up. Or pretend to go off the dribble and come back with a step back jumper. Most of his game is based on midrange jumpers.

Aldridge is another guy whose game will age well because he also relies heavily on midrange jumpers.

Serious playground baller Amar'e_Juwanna's Avatar

bump

Local High School Star

Age well? Probably not.

Just by looking his body, one can assume he's lazy (he's chubby despite having literally nothing else to worry about other than basketball and staying in shape) so most likely he'll get even lazier as he ages...

Banned

Carmelo over the past couple seasons has incorporated a knockdown three point shot that will live for him the rest of his career. Even though Melo gets trashed over his conditioning, he still has a blazing quick first step and complements that with a strong 6'9" body.

He'll age fine, Carmelo will probably be an above average scorer on whatever role he receives in the future, whether it would be a starter or a bench player.

I don't see why not. He's certainly not stupid, if a bit stubborn. Anytime there's a Melo thread, the bozos come out to play. He needs to perform well this year.

I like Anthony. He's no LeBron though. More like a Kobe without the attitude

I can see him winning an NBA Championship ala Glenn Rice in 2000.

Learning to shoot layups

Yea in the early 2000's I used to go watch Paul Pierce vs. the Sixers. Dude could ball his mind out, stole a few playoff games for sure but had no better a resume than Melo does at this point. The post a page back says it all, PP was fortunate to have an insane (read the first Big 3 of the era) team built around him to win.

People forget Melo on the Nuggets - insanely close to beating the Lakers multiple times the years they went to the finals. I was a wreck during those games with Melo and effing JR Smith going off.

His shot will stay, but he'll struggle to get by people off the dribble and will become a giant defensive liability.

There's a big difference

Yeah the Celtics sure accomplished a lot with solely Paul Pierce pre KG/Ray

The Magic are a trash HylianNightmare's Avatar

I firmly believe that he will