Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: BREAKING: David Lee traded to the Boston Celtics for Gerald Wallace

I like this trade for the Celtics. They get a guy who can still play and will go to a great coach.

NBA sixth man of the year knickballer's Avatar

Great trade by Boston. Although Lee is a poor defensive player for the most part he's a very good offensive big that will help them score points. Good post moves, good passer, can actually create his own shot and good finisher near the rim.

GS fans must be sad to see him go

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by sammichoffate
    GS fans must be sad to see him go
    I am. But he wasn't gonna get any playing time while costing them a bunch of money in salary plus tax. Hate to see him go but I'm happy he's going somewhere where he can help.

His teammates loved him, he got a ring and was a double double machine prior to Mark Jackson arriving. Runs the floor, shows heart, and provided a spark to help GSW win the Trophy. Def will be missed.

curry just tweeted this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaEN...ature=youtu.be

Lee used to own the warriors

College superstar BlackWhiteGreen's Avatar

Sullinger & Turner for a SF. Gallo?

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by Funktion
    His teammates loved him, he got a ring and was a double double machine prior to Mark Jackson arriving. Runs the floor, shows heart, and provided a spark to help GSW win the Trophy. Def will be missed.
    Rumor has it that he paid for that Vegas trip after the finals. I don't know how true it is but that was reported. He's a good dude.

Quote Originally Posted by Rondooooooooooo
    I know Wallaces contract was pretty big, but how does that compare to Lee's contract? did we save money or just take on a bigger contract?
    http://www.goldenstateofmind.com/201...iors-david-lee

College superstar BlackWhiteGreen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rondooooooooooo
    I know Wallaces contract was pretty big, but how does that compare to Lee's contract? did we save money or just take on a bigger contract?
    $5.5m more. @dangercart who runs some cap subreddit thinks that if the Celts sign them in the right order, the Celtics still have $4m in space to include in a trade with Sully & Turner

Synergy Sports Tech ‏@SynergySST 54 minutes ago
    David Lee's 1.8 AST:TO ratio last season is terrific for a big man. Also shot 61% on cuts; his main source of PTS. High BBIQ still a plus.

I doubt Wallace ever plays a game in a Warriors jersey. I'm surprised we couldn't get more for Lee to be honest. An equal expirer at the very least. Maybe we got offers from teams we didn't want Lee to end up on. For example, the Cavs should have been all over Lee for Haywood's expirer.

Decent playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by Funktion
    Injuries were the issue, not the coach.

Celtics are gonna make some noise next year. Nice move.

Quote Originally Posted by GIF REACTION
    Kings can beat the warriors this year
    at least you kings fans have a great sense of humor