Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Decent playground baller

Default Re: BREAKING: Predict how many wins Sacramento Kings get next season

Quote Originally Posted by GIF REACTION
    Prepare to be... WOWED.

PG: Rondo, Collison, McCallum
    SG: McLemore, Belinelli
    SF: Gay, Casspi
    PF: WCS, Moreland
    C: Cousins, Koufos

IMO we could have used Brandon Bass as a stretch 4
    Wow, what a team of immature players. They're not going to be able to put it together.

NBA sixth man of the year knickballer's Avatar

Honestly, Kings are the like the Knicks under Isiah Thomas. All these well known players, good scorers and flashy on paper but an absolute trainwreck as a team as none of them are team players.

Learning to shoot layups Da Hammer's Avatar

Prepare to be... WOWED.

Good night sweet floor spacing.

NBA sixth man of the year NugzFan's Avatar

When Kings succeed this year I'm going to remind you every time you post.

I'll never let you forget how dumb you are.

and after they don't? You'll dissappear.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by NugzFan
    and after they don't? You'll dissappear.
    Watch yourself.

Prepare to be... WOWED.

on paper, that is a team with a lot of highly rated individuals.

Lets see if they can make it work on the court.

NBA sixth man of the year NugzFan's Avatar

Watch yourself.

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by knickballer
    Honestly, Kings are the like the Knicks under Isiah Thomas. All these well known players, good scorers and flashy on paper but an absolute trainwreck as a team as none of them are team players.
    Isiah Thomas knows talent but he just does not have the vision of putting all the right pieces to make it more like a team. Jerry West will ship anyone that display negative attitude whether he get a value or not.

Not a lot of consistent 3 point shooting. I like the idea of WCS and Cousins playing together. They might have some redundant skills, but they will crash the offensive boards and are versatile defensively. Those are good redundancies to have with your big men.

But outside of Cousins, there isn't much talent to take them to 47 wins. Rudy and Rondo might have good years; Mclemore could be better. If they are inconsistent (like they usually are), then the Kings could slump.

I'll say they'll finally win over 30+ wins for the first time since 08 and that will be mostly because Cousins would be healthy this time around. Still miss the playoffs.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7
    Not a lot of consistent 3 point shooting. I like the idea of WCS and Cousins playing together. They might have some redundant skills, but they will crash the offensive boards and are versatile defensively. Those are good redundancies to have with your big men.

But outside of Cousins, there isn't much talent to take them to 47 wins. Rudy and Rondo might have good years; Mclemore could be better. If they are inconsistent (like they usually are), then the Kings could slump.

I'll say they'll finally win over 30+ wins for the first time since 08 and that will be mostly because Cousins would be healthy this time around. Still miss the playoffs.
    They need to sign Steve Novak and Dorell Wright

George Karl doesn't miss the playoffs.

I think they are a interesting team, like mentioned lot of very talented individual players like Gay, Cousins and Rondo. But floor space will be an issue and thats why i don't understand the Koufos signing, they already have 2 centers who can easily play 35 minutes a game, stamina wise at least WCS being a rookie center he will probably get into foul trouble a couple of times. Still a floor spacing power forward imo would have made a lot more sense or are they planing to run Gay/Casspi at the 4 at times. Anyway Micheal Beasley is a free agent would be perfect for the Kings

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by blablabla
    I think they are a interesting team, like mentioned lot of very talented individual players like Gay, Cousins and Rondo. But floor space will be an issue and thats why i don't understand the Koufos signing, they already have 2 centers who can easily play 35 minutes a game, stamina wise at least WCS being a rookie center he will probably get into foul trouble a couple of times. Still a floor spacing power forward imo would have made a lot more sense or are they planing to run Gay/Casspi at the 4 at times. Anyway Micheal Beasley is a free agent would be perfect for the Kings
    Vlade has said Rudy is going to play more at the 4 this year

Steve Novak would be a decent pick up for shooting at the 4

Vlade has said Rudy is going to play more at the 4 this year

Steve Novak would be a decent pick up for shooting at the 4
    Havent seen him much since his stint in new york but i guess his ok for a couple of minutes. Shawne williams would also be a solid pickup. Anyway i'm rooting for the kings it'd be nice to see a team of misfits succeed

I was gonna come in here to say around 35 wins but others have already predicted that. I just think it's going to take a bit for this team to learn each other (see Heatles) so they will get a slow start. Moreso, I'm not going to believe that Cousins and Rondo will be giving 100%. Cousins knows management hates him and Rondo just quit of the fricken Mavs in the PLAYOFFS. No chance of the Kings making the playoffs with this team this year.

NBA sixth man of the year knickballer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster
    Isiah Thomas knows talent but he just does not have the vision of putting all the right pieces to make it more like a team. Jerry West will ship anyone that display negative attitude whether he get a value or not.
    I thought Isiah was a ok drafter giving we had mostly late picks because we usually ended up trading our high picks for guys like Eddy Curry. He drafted David Lee with the last pick in the first, Nate Rob with the 16th overall(not that good but hes still in the League), Trevor Ariza in the second, Wilson Chandler and Channing Frye(with the 8th but w/e).

But I think people overrate him when they say he has an eye for talent. He traded all the Knicks assets(and future picks) for overrated "stars" that were headcases and selfish ballhogs. Your average ISH fan will know having a backcourt of Marbury and Francis will never work, your average fan will know having a front court of Eddy Curry and Randolph will never work when your guards are Marbury and Francis. He just assembled a team filled with overrated chukers with low FG% and hoped they can win. Not to mention he got hosed on every single traded, Marbury was traded for in 2004 but yet he managed to throw in an unprotected 2010 first round pick in that trade.

He's honestly the worst GM the NBA has seen these past 20 years and there's no close second.