Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Wes Johnson to sign with Clippers

Oh Wes. Blessed with the perfect wing body along with amazing athleticism and coordination and is making league minimum. What a waste of talent. I always root for the guy but at age 28, he is what he is. An ultra athletic player with little skills and low bball iq. He'll flash hus elite athleticism every so often and make you say wow, but the other 90%, he makes you shake your head.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Seuss
    inb4 "Clippers sign Devin Ebanks"

I can't believe we actually hyped that loser up...it only had to do with his age and because he kind of looked like Ariza with the lights turned off.

Quote Originally Posted by Bosnian Sajo

I can't believe we actually hyped that loser up...it only had to do with his age and because he kind of looked like Ariza with the lights turned off.
    I never bought the hype. He was a stiff and lacked NBA level athleticism. All he had was the size. His standing vert of only 24" said a lot. Compare that with Clarkson's standing vert of 31".

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by konex
    A 3&D guy who can't shoot He is a decent player for cheap but not a starter
    He neither had the 3 or D. It's funny that the Clippers are always picking up the Lakers' sloppy seconds though

A SF who might be worse than Matt Barnes? Why not keep Matt Barnes then? He can at least shoot.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by longtime lurker
    He neither had the 3 or D. It's funny that the Clippers are always picking up the Lakers' sloppy seconds though
    To be totally fair to him, he shot nearly 43% on open 3s and shot better from the corners than Matt Barnes did last season. However, he's still Wes Johnson and it appears Doc keeps taking Ls

Good High School Starter

Quote Originally Posted by COnDEMnED
    A SF who might be worse than Matt Barnes? Why not keep Matt Barnes then? He can at least shoot.
    no he cant

NBA rookie of the year senelcoolidge's Avatar

He's not a bad pick up for the minimum. He's athletic enough to play with the Clippers. He can defend. He won't have to worry about creating his own shot, just catch and shoot which he's better at. Blake, CP3, and others can get him shots, he just has to hit them. He may also feel he has to prove something this season if he wants to get paid the season after.

3 Ball like Piatkowski dab0yech0's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bosnian Sajo
    They have always been getting Laker players...Farmar, Odom, Vujacic, Barnes, Turiaf, Jamison, and Morris. Definitely not the first time this happened, consider it hand-me-downs to our little brother
    Yawnn....

Lakers have done the same thing for years as well. Matt Barnes, Lamar Odom, Steve Blake, Chris Kaman, etc were all Clippers before Lakers if you knew your NBA history.