Default Alan Anderson signs with Wizards

1 yr $4 million reported by Woj, others.

Banned

Default Re: Alan Anderson signs with Wizards

Wizards may look better than they did last year on paper, they are gonna miss that veteran leadership Pierce gave them.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen Angel
    Wizards may look better than they did last year on paper, they are gonna miss that veteran leadership Pierce gave them.
    This is a solid signing and keeps them in the KD sweepstakes. One thing is they do have Dudley, who will at least be better defensively. Definitely not the ballsy vet who begs for the clutch-time shots, but they got him for like a future 2nd round pick.

Washington having a solid summer overall. Would have been nice to pick up David West but oh well.

NBA sixth man of the year

Good signing. He can knock down open shots and doesn't seem gun shy.

I'm calling it now. He will be their starting SF. Perfect glue guy for that team. Gonna miss Double A. Such a great guy. Always works hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Nets fan 93
    I'm calling it now. He will be their starting SF. Perfect glue guy for that team. Gonna miss Double A. Such a great guy. Always works hard.
    You think he's gunna start over Porter? Especially after the growth he displayed in the post season.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by Done_And_Done
    You think he's gunna start over Porter? Especially after the growth he displayed in the post season.
    I could see Dudley starting at SF, unless they play small ball all year (with NeNe as the first big off the bench) and have Porter/Dudley as the starting forwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Done_And_Done
    I was too focused on Pierce when I watched the Wizards in the playoffs. If porter can carry that over than perhaps I'm wrong. He's very inconsistent though. Alan is very consistent on the other hand and has that clutch gene in him.

Porter played well in the playoffs and it's time for him to move into a starting role. I'd be shocked if they aren't more focused on developing their top 5 pick of a SF who shows a lot of potential in favor of Alan fking Anderson who they just signed for $4 million.

NJ Net Fan For Life. wang4three's Avatar

I like Alan. When he first came to the Nets, wasn't that big of a fan cause he was streaky and trigger happy. But he worked hard on his shot selection and played tough defense. He's not a defensive stopper, but he will fight through every screen, and stay as close as he can to his man.

And when he gets hot, he's sure fun to watch. Mainly because he scores in the way that makes you go, "you can score 20 in the NBA with those old man types of moves?" In many ways he reminded me of Lucious Harris.

Serious playground baller Mawly-G's Avatar

Wiz bringing in some nice, veteran leadership. They will still sorely miss big shot PDub, but they are adding some solid veteran shooters.