Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Mavs will be in round 2 of the playoffs this season with Jeremy Lin

Why do people care about this mediocre point guard?

[COLOR="Yellow"]I know the answer, but I want you to tell me[/COLOR]

High School Starter

because asians outside of yao don't have a real successful athlete/icon to look upto so any one hit wonder for them is a chance to feel good about themselves.
    Last edited by disel; 07-08-2015 at 09:48 AM.

Jeremy Lin will be one of the top PGs next season once he leaves his dysfunctional franchises past behind (Lakers & Knicks)

High School Starter

Quote Originally Posted by iamgine
    Jeremy Lin will be one of the top PGs next season once he leaves his dysfunctional franchises past behind (Lakers & Knicks)
    lol yes they said the same thing when he got traded to la.

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

I think the a lot of the Mav's success is going to depend on how well Wes Mathews can come back. I know they need help at PG, buy that sort of is what it is at this point. But if Matthews really can make it all the way back, you're going to be playing pick and roll with one of the league's best rollers, and really really high end spacing around that in Wes, Parson's, and Dirk. It would be great to get a better PG, but it's not like things are going to be terribly complicated. And Parsons can do a little PnR handling too.

Defense will be an issue, but hopefully Jordan can remedy some of it. And they have some defense coming off the bench.

I don't think they're a real contender, but they're interesting to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
    I think the a lot of the Mav's success is going to depend on how well Wes Mathews can come back. I know they need help at PG, buy that sort of is what it is at this point. But if Matthews really can make it all the way back, you're going to be playing pick and roll with one of the league's best rollers, and really really high end spacing around that in Wes, Parson's, and Dirk. It would be great to get a better PG, but it's not like things are going to be terribly complicated. And Parsons can do a little PnR handling too.

Defense will be an issue, but hopefully Jordan can remedy some of it. And they have some defense coming off the bench.

I don't think they're a real contender, but they're interesting to me.
    They are a much better team than they look on paper.
    If that makes any sense.
    I like the build of this team. Like you said; they have the personnel to create great spacing and utilize pick and roll. If Jordan can anchor their defense and grab 12/13 defensive rebounds; they can surprise a lot of people.

I hope Wes can come back to his pre-injury self. I absolutely love the trio of Dirk/Wes/Parson.

They have 07' Nash or last year's Curry, they are winning the title 100%.
    I do think they lack a true PnR point guard; Parsons can handle those duties fine, and Lin/Harris are serviceable; but without a point guard able to manage the game for those shooters, they could struggle.

Someone like Nash/Curry would also utilize Jordan's post game (hence, he has none); so they'll feed him a ton of open dunks and easy layups.

I think them lacking a true point guard will actually really hurt them; unless Parsons (or Lin) can do an adequate job of filling that need.

I'm not sure they will. Dirk is also getting older; he won't be able to carry them like he did in 2012.

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen Angel
    What is up with the Rockets and Mavericks trading players?
    Its Morey making moves, and then Cuban trying to buy them all after the fact.

Quote Originally Posted by UK2K
    Its Morey making moves, and then Cuban trying to buy them all after the fact.

Brewer and Terry say hi.

and PS Lin was already a Mav once before on their SL team in 2010. If Dallas can land him it would simply be him coming back to the team that gave him his first cup of coffee in the NBA.