Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    NBA lottery pick

Default Re: Okafor is a ****ing beast. Full Highlight vid vs Lakers

How did he look chubby ?

He's not a bikini model

Watched these highlights and I am amazed this dude doesn't travel with the footwork he has.

He tried the Duncan bank shot and it was flat but I hope he keeps shooting that to get more air under it. And just be comfortable in hitting it. Would do him wonders.

I agree with Blaze he has to get deeper positioning. Seems to catch it far out. I know he can put the ball on the floor but you can still do that if you're closer vs having to really work to get inside. The next level bigs are stronger so.

Solid rookie I think with more shooters around him and guys cutting (like Noel) it'll help him this season. I got him at 13ppg 8rpg as a rookie.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by christian1923
    You wasted so many words just to type some bulls***
    sorry I hurt your feelings with my observations, try not to get too invested into a 19 year old.

He has a gigantic ass, huge asses never equate to long NBA careers, and for someone with such a massive posterior he isn't using it to get good position down low.

Mostly though, too much one foot stuff for my liking.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by JtotheIzzo
    sorry I hurt your feelings with my observations, try not to get too invested into a 19 year old.

He has a gigantic ass, huge asses never equate to long NBA careers, and for someone with such a massive posterior he isn't using it to get good position down low.

Mostly though, too much one foot stuff for my liking.
    Charles Barkley

5-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    I agree with Blaze he has to get deeper positioning. Seems to catch it far out. I know he can put the ball on the floor but you can still do that if you're closer vs having to really work to get inside. The next level bigs are stronger so.
    It takes three years to really know how to use your body (see DMC). He's going to be one of the biggest guys in the post after weight training kicks in so strength won't be an issue, in a few years. In the adaption period, he will get to learn how to use his superior speed/quickness like DeMarcus did his first few years.

Near-Life Experience TheGreatDeraj's Avatar

Specific plays that stuck out to me

:41
    I thought pick and roll defense was suppose to be a problem for this guy? He looked a little slow as he slid his feet but dang his size and length is going to make it hard to score over him

1:32
    Again stays in front of the attacking guard of a pick and roll and uses his great length and hands to block the shot

1:11
    great patience from the rookie. He is able to take the double team, analyze situation, and make a nice play. He sees the double makes the spin dribble baseline to fully occupy the 2nd defender and then makes a smart inside out pass for the open three.

1:18
    Smart play that utilizes his physical advantages. After a pick and roll Okafor uses his size to seal his man then uses his incredibly huge hands to palm the ball and touch it off the glass. Impressive.

The most concerning part of the video for me was how much he relied on finesse to score. I seems he is always using a spin move, up and under or a step through to score instead of hitting them with a simple hookshot.

Obviously too soon to tell, Okafors post game just seems "too cute". I think Karl-Anthony Towns post game will translate to the NBA better. For all the Okafor post game is like Tim Duncan comparisons, I see far more Duncan in Towns post game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ezt08s3UjlY
    :22 - :35

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_XTDtdIieQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ai99J2NNGM0
    :48
    1:00
    1:54
    2:30

ect

cliffs

GOOD
    *huge, yet nimble, hands
    *impressive patience
    *his vision and IQ
    *his length

BAD
    *hit or miss on positioning
    *no go to post move like hook shot
    *seemed a little slow

Banned

This guy is the next Eddy Curry.
    Look at his face and you can tell he will get fat quite easily. 76ers better tell everyone in Philly not to sell him a cheesesteak.

Made that high school varsity squad pmj's Avatar

Am I the only one not that impressed? From the title you would think he's the next Anthony Davis. He has no explosion athletically at all. He looks like he could be a consistent double double player but certainly not a beast. No lift and a flat shot won't do well against even competent centers with size like Movgov & Whiteside.

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    Watched these highlights and I am amazed this dude doesn't travel with the footwork he has.

He tried the Duncan bank shot and it was flat but I hope he keeps shooting that to get more air under it. And just be comfortable in hitting it. Would do him wonders.

Solid rookie I think with more shooters around him and guys cutting (like Noel) it'll help him this season. I got him at 13ppg 8rpg as a rookie.
    What Okafor surely has is a scorers mentality. He can score in so many ways and it's apparent in the 4 games I've seen him so far in SL play. He was double and triple teamed even, and he still found a way to score vs one triple team in the lane.

I don't get this talk of the NBA is moving away to a perimeter game. The Spurs are about to trot out a lineup of twin towers with Duncan and LA, and they seem to be everyone's favorite right now. Let's not forget that the GS Warriors probably don't win last season if Love and Irving played.

BTW, Jah can really pass and if he continuously commands double teams, then the 3 will be readily available for the 76ers not just in the regular season, but going forward, in future playoffs.

Since BB will run the offense through Jah, I see him scoring 18-20ppg right off the bat on lower efficiency to be sure.
    Last edited by Dr.J4ever; 07-12-2015 at 12:18 PM.

Decent college freshman MellowYellow's Avatar

Elton Brand ceiling

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by JtotheIzzo
    Honestly, tons of red flags in his game, looks like a slightly more dedicated Jared Sullinger.

Red Flags:

1-he has an old man's game already. he would beast in a 35 and older men's league, but the NBA is super athletic and he might get lost in the shuffle.
    Skill always trumps athleticism. That's why Tim Duncan at damn near 40 is still making all star/all NBA teams and winning/challenging for championships while A'mare was all but done by 30.

2-he looks chubby. big men don't drop weight easily and when they do, they usually put it back on.
    He definitely has to work on conditioning. The Sixers have world class facilities and trainers, so no reason he won't be in better shape in a few months.

3-slow feet. those up and unders won't work against the Ibakas and Goeberts of the world.
    Duncan and Jefferson say hello. His footwork is crisp, effective, and creative. Impressive for a guy that size and that young. Ibaka is too small to guard him btw,

Local High School Star mrhoopfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pmj
    Am I the only one not that impressed? From the title you would think he's the next Anthony Davis. He has no explosion athletically at all. He looks like he could be a consistent double double player but certainly not a beast. No lift and a flat shot won't do well against even competent centers with size like Movgov & Whiteside.
    He will face up against taller players and read from there. Let me ask you how much lift Cousins, Marc Gasol have?

NJ Net Fan For Life. wang4three's Avatar

I don't think I saw anything new there that I didn't see him do at Duke... By the thread responses, I thought he added 3-4 new moves and/or more strength.

We all knew he had a really developed post game for a 19/20 year old. I think the problem for him is that his game isn't considered "sexy" by today's standard. It's below the rim, it's methodical, and he's the kind of person to get a 20/10 without you realizing it. Much like Elton Brand, Shareef Abdur-Rahim, or Al Jefferson. That said, he still has the chance to be a more impactful player if he goes down the Zach Randolph route, and just punish teams who did not respect his ability. Hopefully dropping from potentially the 1st overall to 3rd fueled him.

Good High School Starter dreamwarrior's Avatar

Okafor and Towns both have elite-level post games. It's going to be fun to watch them to see if the big man post game can make a comeback in the NBA.

I'm impressed with his offense he missed a couple banks shots but he will eventually get it down. He already getting tripled team and gets to the line he just needs to work on his FT shooting. His defence seems lazy at times and he doesn't seem to get high off the floor he hasn't dunked the ball once in four summer league games and has gotten his shot pinned a lot of times. Hes a big body so grabs his rebounds just by boxing out he barley jumps but can he get that kind of positioning against NBA big men?