Local High School Star Dr Seuss's Avatar

Default Where does Ty Lawson end up?

Does anyone really doubt Lawson being traded at some point this season, if not this current off-season? What teams would be willing to trade for him? And what kind of package would/should denver expect for a (arguable) top 12 pg (or better) when healthy.

Default Re: Where does Ty Lawson end up?

to the cavs for haywood?

Good post and an intriguing question.

I think it's almost certain he will be traded at some point this season. I dont think it will be until the season is underway though.

And I think Cavs would be a poor fit, he's too good to be a back-up and idk I just don't see him fitting in with that team for some reason. I can't put my finger on it.

I think the Rockets would be a good fit, he'd be able to start and would boost that teams play tremendously. Don't know who they'd be able to trade for him, maybe D-Mo or T-Jones plus a pick and/or fillers.

If the Kings didn't just sign Rondo I think that would have been a great fit.

Very good NBA starter

Lawson will probably go to a team like the knicks mid season. They won't trade him right away as I believe they will blow it up mid season.

Seems like the nUggets have a fire sale every 4-5 years. No patience for their rosters. They have had a lot of talent.

Serious playground baller Mawly-G's Avatar

I think Denver will wait to see how Mudiay develops before they decide to ship Lawson out.

Next Great White Hope QuebecBaller's Avatar

Lawson for MCW, Mayo + draft pick?

Mudiay/MCW/Nelson
    Mayo/Barton
    Gallo/Chandler
    Faried/Hickson
    Nurkik/Jokic

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by QuebecBaller

Mudiay/MCW/Nelson
    Mayo/Barton
    Gallo/Chandler
    Faried/Hickson
    Nurkik/Jokic
    That would have been a better deal for the Bucks than the one they made for Vasquez.

MCW + future LAC pick + Mayo would have been a great deal to land Lawson. He would have hurt their perimeter D, especially with Monroe on the floor, though. In that scenario, I would have kept Dudley for sure.

If Bucks offered their 2016 first rounder, I think Denver would pull the trigger mid-season.

Quote Originally Posted by KNOW1EDGE
    Good post and an intriguing question.

I think it's almost certain he will be traded at some point this season. I dont think it will be until the season is underway though.

And I think Cavs would be a poor fit, he's too good to be a back-up and idk I just don't see him fitting in with that team for some reason. I can't put my finger on it.

I think the Rockets would be a good fit, he'd be able to start and would boost that teams play tremendously. Don't know who they'd be able to trade for him, maybe D-Mo or T-Jones plus a pick and/or fillers.

If the Kings didn't just sign Rondo I think that would have been a great fit.
    Something like this?

Houston get: Lawson
    Denver get: Dekker, Terrence Jones, Haywood contract
    Cavs get: Wilson Chandler

Quote Originally Posted by Nash
    Something like this?

Dunking on everybody in the park

Quote Originally Posted by QuebecBaller

Mudiay/MCW/Nelson
    Mayo/Barton
    Gallo/Chandler
    Faried/Hickson
    Nurkik/Jokic
    With Lawson's attitude, you are not getting that much for him. Lawson for MCW would probably be the bulk of the trade.

I would guess Houston. They have the assets, and most teams look pretty set at PG

Tho it seems teams are underrating Lawson. He was 2n in points of drives and 3rd in assists.

the only teams that could actually use him are Brooklyn, Philly, New York and Houston. Milwaukee maybe like the above trade suggested.

Maybe Denver takes on Joe Johnson's expiring contract? without future picks to send don't see that working.

New York could definitely use him but Nuggets FO would be hesitant to help the Knicks improve as they are basically staring down a top five pick next year when the Knicks find out Arron Afflalo is not a number two option outside of UCLA

Philly doesn't want to win but would be a good fit if they decide they want to keep their fans. Could be a solid look with Saric coming over next season.

Houston is the best fit. With Lawson's value in the tank they'd be lucky to get Jones for him straight up. I'd slot him in over Faried at the 4 spot. Would be a nice complement to Nurkic and Jokic.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by Nash
    Something like this?

I think Houston gives up too much for Lawson and Denver gets too little for Chandler. Cleveland would have to send Osman and R. Christmas to Houston or Denver at a minimum.