Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Very good NBA starter

Default Justin Anderson 23/6 vs Dleague Select

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLug1TuBncU

I know his game is no where near as good as Harden, their way he plays looks so similar.

Default Re: Justin Anderson 23/6 vs Dleague Select

harden has nasty handles, anderson has none

i really like him, for a late first rounder. he has great 3-D potential

The Magic are a trash HylianNightmare's Avatar

I'm waiting for him to break out

Good college starter Locked_Up_Tonight's Avatar

His handles are definitely not on the level of Harden. By that same token, he aint a floppin' b*tch that tries to cry to the refs and exaggerate contact just to try and get to the free throw line.

Anderson's shot looks smooth on catch and shoot opportunities. He struggles with his shot when he has to dribble around a bit first. He can get to where he is going as long as it is a straight line, or an end point. He has trouble dribbling in traffic. He can pass adequately and appears to be very unselfish.

The Mavs definitely found a good role player in the draft. And Powell has looked impressive in Summer League as well.

He's more like a mini Ariza.

YouGotServed
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by StephHamann
    He's more like a mini Ariza.
    Ariza doesn't drive or create his own shot like Justin Anderson does. He's like a hybrid of Courtney Lee and Thabo Sefolosha.

Local High School Star

Creating his own shot against weaker opponents doesnt mean anything. He has to show if he can do this in the NBA on regular basis.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by L.A. Jazz
    Creating his own shot against weaker opponents doesnt mean anything. He has to show if he can do this in the NBA on regular basis.

23/6 in Summer League is about equivalent to 10/3 in the NBA.

this dude has potential. he needs playing time by carlise...that would be a huge push for his confidence.

he could be a stable 16/4/5 guy. im excited to watch him play

with God-given ass JimmyMcAdocious's Avatar

The only thing what would worry me is if his one season of shooting 3s is the new normal or if he was just hot. Physically, he's a borderline elite athlete, his measurables are off the charts (6-6, 7-0 wingspan) and you gotta love players who make massive improvements every season. I remember him in high school and he was so god damn raw with absolutely no jumper. By his junior year at UVA, he was the best player on the second best team in the country (ranking), shooting 45%+ from 3, pretty much the entirety of season until he got hurt. And clutch as ****, too. Dude was nailing everything in the final minutes when he was still healthy. Try watch the highlights of him against Miami back in Jan, I think. I also think UVA's offense holds you back a little. He didn't get to show everything.

Again, I want to see that jumper go in regularly against NBA players. If it does, I think he develops into an elite d/3 player. I'm a fan.

Well I sure wish the Hawks had picked him instead of trading for Tim Hardaway Jr.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by hawksdogsbraves
    Well I sure wish the Hawks had picked him instead of trading for Tim Hardaway Jr.
    Could have just gotten Oubre. I don't even know what the organization was thinking making that move.

Anderson is a nice young player who should be a solid pro. Can guard most wings and should be able to knock down 3s, assuming the improvements he made last year carry over.

Mavs actually could have had a nice core of defensive studs if they signed Ariza last summer and/or held onto Crowder & Aminu.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by hawksdogsbraves
    What I don

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyMcAdocious
    The only thing what would worry me is if his one season of shooting 3s is the new normal or if he was just hot. Physically, he's a borderline elite athlete, his measurables are off the charts (6-6, 7-0 wingspan) and you gotta love players who make massive improvements every season. I remember him in high school and he was so god damn raw with absolutely no jumper. By his junior year at UVA, he was the best player on the second best team in the country (ranking), shooting 45%+ from 3, pretty much the entirety of season until he got hurt. And clutch as ****, too. Dude was nailing everything in the final minutes when he was still healthy. Try watch the highlights of him against Miami back in Jan, I think. I also think UVA's offense holds you back a little. He didn't get to show everything.

Again, I want to see that jumper go in regularly against NBA players. If it does, I think he develops into an elite d/3 player. I'm a fan.
    This exactly.