Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Local High School Star KelticForce1349's Avatar

Default Re: SI Sources:Lakers interested in Ty Lawson

He sure would be a nice insurance policy on the Bulls is Rose get's hurt again. Hmm...

If LA are getting him; they would probably have to trade at least one of Russell or Clarkson. It will probably be Clarkson; but I don't get this.

If I knew this was a possibility, I would have rather drafted Okafor.

Quote Originally Posted by KelticForce1349
    He sure would be a nice insurance policy on the Bulls is Rose get's hurt again. Hmm...
    He's starter quality; there's no way he should be coming off the bench.
    I doubt he'd be willing to stay on a team that gives him 12 minutes a game.

shhhhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by Millslapped
    i hope he gets suspended for half the season
    good chance of that happening

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

Who could the Rockets give up?

Terrence Jones? DoMo.? Dekker? Harrell? Some combination of those guys and a pick?

Denver also might be willing to sell on the cheap clear room for Mudiay and just clean the slate, keep there from being any cancerous locker room politics.

Jones, Dekker and a first I'd start with. Jones is a better fit next to Nurkic anyway, and maybe they can move on from Faried. Dekker frees them up to move on from Wilson Chandler or Gallinari. Fresh start around Nurkic, Mudiay, Jones and Dekker, and whatever assets you can get from moving the vets.

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by West-Side
    If LA are getting him; they would probably have to trade at least one of Russell or Clarkson. It will probably be Clarkson; but I don't get this.

If I knew this was a possibility, I would have rather drafted Okafor.
    Lakers should stay away from those headaches like Lawson.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous

Jones, Dekker and a first I'd start with.
    Not a chance you are getting that for a guy that has 3 DUIs, 2 of which came in the last 6 mos. His value cratered with the 1st one. He could see JAIL time in addition to the assumed lengthy suspension.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by HurricaneKid
    Not a chance you are getting that for a guy that has 3 DUIs, 2 of which came in the last 6 mos. His value cratered with the 1st one. He could see JAIL time in addition to the assumed lengthy suspension.
    Yeah honestly Denver would jump at that package if it was offered. No way a team with legit trade pieces like HOU offers that much as a starting point.

Put him on the East, West is too talented alrdy.

Denver had trouble dealing him for "fair value" before his current DUI

The teams who are interested in him are trying to get him pennies on the dollar.

Any team dealing for him should assume he will be suspended for a portion of the season. I love Ty's game, been a huge fan. But there are some serious red flags in terms of character. A veteran laden team is really his best option. I think the Spurs should kick the tires on him. They need legit guard help. He fits if he can keep his head out of his ass

OKC should try and see whats up too if they can shed some salary doing so

Utah maybe.

NBA rookie of the year HOoopCityJones's Avatar

Lakers need more small forwards, we have enough guards , including Nick Young.

NBA All-star

the perfect compliment to a Center whose agility may be in question.

whether they are 300 lbs dunking machine
    or 225 lbs lengthy un-athletic, and questionable rebounder

they still need to be dominant tho.

Quote Originally Posted by SwishSquared
    Yeah honestly Denver would jump at that package if it was offered. No way a team with legit trade pieces like HOU offers that much as a starting point.

Yeah, I wouldn't expect Houston to offer it. That's what I'd ask for if I was Denver, with the expectation of trimming it down. Basically cutting out Dekker or the first. The thing is Denver won't really have a ton of motivation to move him either. He's not on a terrible contract. And they're not really competing anyway. They could just bury him until someone gets desperate. And Houston is the team that would stand to gain the most. Lawson with his head on straight and Harden could have stretches that are really unguardable.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
    Yeah, I wouldn't expect Houston to offer it. That's what I'd ask for if I was Denver, with the expectation of trimming it down. Basically cutting out Dekker or the first. The thing is Denver won't really have a ton of motivation to move him either. He's not on a terrible contract. And they're not really competing anyway. They could just bury him until someone gets desperate. And Houston is the team that would stand to gain the most. Lawson with his head on straight and Harden could have stretches that are really unguardable.
    Ah, my bad- I read your post as Houston offers that as a starting point. Houston would be a good spot for him because they need another legit playmaker, but the salary-matching may be odd for Houston.

I would imagine Lawson gets suspended and Denver will hold onto him until he's cleared to play and can showcase his skills again. Worst case scenario he's traded next summer going into a contract year wrapping up a fairly cheap contract for a legit starting PG.

Quote Originally Posted by SwishSquared
    Ah, my bad- I read your post as Houston offers that as a starting point. Houston would be a good spot for him because they need another legit playmaker, but the salary-matching may be odd for Houston.

I would imagine Lawson gets suspended and Denver will hold onto him until he's cleared to play and can showcase his skills again. Worst case scenario he's traded next summer going into a contract year wrapping up a fairly cheap contract for a legit starting PG.
    Yeah, I wasn't really clear.

If there is a suspension, they really would get lowballed and would have no real reason to move him. You're right, it'd probably be better at that point to just hope a contender would give up something next year. Plus all the negative clubhouse stuff that may motivate Denver to move him on the cheap would all be moot if he were suspended anyway.