Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: we gonna act like D'angelo didn't absolutely go off today?

Quote Originally Posted by STATUTORY
    dude has that lateral dribble to get himself an open shot off anytime he want...
    So what you are saying is he CHOOSES to be playing like shit?

he is just 19! lets see how he plays and develop this season before judging.
    will he be an all time great? well the chances arent that high, especially if you see other young prospects at the time like AD, Durant, Lebron etc.

Will he be an all-star calibre player? yes, he has all the chances!

so lets just wait and see

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by pastis
    he is just 19! lets see how he plays and develop this season before judging.
    will he be an all time great? well the chances arent that high, especially if you see other young prospects at the time like AD, Durant, Lebron etc.

Will he be an all-star calibre player? yes, he has all the chances!

so lets just wait and see
    That's the correct attitude, stop over hyping and stop over reacting imo

Bear Chested Da Brawn STATUTORY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by outbreak
    So what you are saying is he CHOOSES to be playing like shit?
    has hasn't though, for all the props mudiay has gotten this SL, Russell has comparable overall numbers, better fg%, more rebounds, fewer points, more assists

and he was taking the same open shots in the other games, they just weren't going in all short. But he obviously has ability to make those shots, you can't judge basd on results but based on the process
    Last edited by STATUTORY; 07-18-2015 at 08:59 AM.

I love LAaaaaaaaaaaa! Lakers Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by clipps
    Mudiay > Russell.
    Mudiay's line was 8 points, 1 assist and 7 TOs.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by STATUTORY
    has hasn't though, for all the props mudiay has gotten this SL, Russell has comparable overall numbers, better fg%, more rebounds, fewer points, more assists

and he was taking the same open shots in the other games, they just weren't going in all short. But he obviously has ability to make those shots, you can't judge basd on results but based on the process
    Mudiay - 12PPG, 3.5RB, 5.8APG 38% FG
    Russell - 11.8PPG, 5.2RB, 3.2APG, 37% FG

SO he hasn't had a better FG% and he hasn't had more assists. He's also had more turnovers. It's not about the stats though it's about how they've played, Mudiay looked like his game was ready to contribute at the NBA level right away where as Russell looks like he needs work before you'd feel comfortable playing him. Their both young but I don't see any way you can say Russell looked as good as Mudiay unless you are being biased.

Waste of a rare high draft pick for the Lakers.

Mudiay - 12PPG, 3.5RB, 5.8APG 38% FG
    Russell - 11.8PPG, 5.2RB, 3.2APG, 37% FG

SO he hasn't had a better FG% and he hasn't had more assists. He's also had more turnovers. It's not about the stats though it's about how they've played, Mudiay looked like his game was ready to contribute at the NBA level right away where as Russell looks like he needs work before you'd feel comfortable playing him. Their both young but I don't see any way you can say Russell looked as good as Mudiay unless you are being biased.
    I like how you rounded up the FG% for Mudiay but not Russell. .377 vs .385.

In any case Russell ended up on a high note and Mudiay ended playing like crap. Actually Russell didn't do crap the first half of his last game when he continued to try to get his teammates involved but they continued to have the lack of awareness of his passes. So he decided to look for his own shot and absolutely destroyed the Jazz scoring 5 straight baskets at which point his teammates got jealous and froze him out the last few minutes of the game. When DLo starts playing with a regular roster of NBA level players and develops some chemistry, he's gonna be good, really good. The chaotic selfish play of the SL is not really suited to his game though.

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers Fan

In any case Russell ended up on a high note and Mudiay ended playing like crap. Actually Russell didn't do crap the first half of his last game when he continued to try to get his teammates involved but they continued to have the lack of awareness of his passes. So he decided to look for his own shot and absolutely destroyed the Jazz scoring 5 straight baskets at which point his teammates got jealous and froze him out the last few minutes of the game. When DLo starts playing with a regular roster of NBA level players and develops some chemistry, he's gonna be good, really good. The chaotic selfish play of the SL is not really suited to his game though.

100% right. Some of those guys couldnt finish layups which skewed up Russell's assist numbers. Russell will now have training camp, preseason and training with the staff + Nash to deal with. He will become an allstar, I can feel it in my plums.

Banned

I didnt i went off what was listed from google search its still lower that mudiay which the other post lied about. Any way i think he will be ok its just annoying seeing threads like this. Young guys take time but 20pts on 20shots isnt absolutely going off

Midrange game on point.

Decent college freshman

Definite improvement. I think maybe that's what the coaches wanted him to focus on in these last couple of games. The playmaking will get worked on during training camp with the regular squad.

I didnt i went off what was listed from google search its still lower that mudiay which the other post lied about. Any way i think he will be ok its just annoying seeing threads like this. Young guys take time but 20pts on 20shots isnt absolutely going off

Actually, if you rounded up Mudiay's FG%, he is still up over Russell 1%, I fired off the post when I was doing something else and not paying attention. So I'm the idiot and shouldn't have brought that up.

Banned

Actually, if you rounded up Mudiay's FG%, he is still up over Russell 1%, I fired off the post when I was doing something else and not paying attention. So I'm the idiot and shouldn't have brought that up.
    Yeah the only reason I posted them was because someone had said things that weren't true. They were pretty close but Mudiay looked immediately better in summer league. That being said if Russell can find ways to get his shot off and connect on passes in the NBA he could be better long term, if Mudiay develops a jump shot he could be better, both are young and we aren't seeing eithers complete games yet.

The ISH'ers Champion!

Regaining his value....good...good. No doubt in mind we getting Big Cuzz...