Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Local High School Star KirbyPls's Avatar

Default Re: Really realistic to say that Griffey Jr. would be all-time HR leader if healthy?

Quote Originally Posted by NBAplayoffs2001
    I think Bo Jackson sometimes is overrated. It's a shame Marcus Allen was benched behind a two sport athlete just because Al Davis had ongoing beef with Marcus Allen. More power to Allen though for sticking through all those seasons of barely playing and still becoming a Hall of Famer. He wasn't the most talented/physically imposing RB but his stats are really solid and his career shows longevity.

Terrell Davis if he could stay healthy for another 5 seasons would have been a 10k-12k rushing yards type of RB. I remember watching a documentary about him and how statistically his 2000 yard season could have even been 2300-2500 yards. Granted for a 6th? round draft pick, the dude was a complete steal.
    At his peak, he has an argument for GOAT rb in my opinion. His playoff rushing stats are unreal.

Banned

Default Re: Really realistic to say that Griffey Jr. would be all-time HR leader if healthy?

Possibly, definitely would have hit the 700 milestone imo.

One of the Goodfellas NBAplayoffs2001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KirbyPls
    At his peak, he has an argument for GOAT rb in my opinion. His playoff rushing stats are unreal.
    I love Adrian Peterson but I would take peak Terrell Davis

Local High School Star KirbyPls's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NBAplayoffs2001
    I love Adrian Peterson but I would take peak Terrell Davis
    Yep.

Peak jim brown is basically the unquestioned goat rb.

Terrell Davis ran behind the best line in the league for most of his career. Every RB they plugged into that system was posting big rushing numbers. I'm not saying he wasn't a beast, but he's not in the GOAT RB conversation, no way.

As for Griffey, he was my favorite baseball player growing up. I was in Jr. High when he entered the league, and I collected every Griffey Jr. Rookie card that existed. His talent was so immense that he made great plays look effortless. If he had remained healthy his entire career, I think he could have been in the GOAT conversation.

Griffey woulda beat it for sure.

Best swing ever.

Best two way player peak ever.

Bo same.

If he woulda went straight to NFL and no baseball, and stayed healthy, depending how long he woulda played, he'd definitely be up there.

Best back ever. At least top 3.

Unmatched size speed and strength.

Griffey was never quite as good as everyone pretends he was because he didn't walk enough. All time great for sure but he would never have been in the "goat"discussion because his obp was too low(it was great for a mortal at .400 roughly but way below the legit goat tier players.

Also on bonds it always annoys me when people pretend that he was both the great all around player he was in his youth and the goat hitter he was post steroids at the same time. He wasn't. He couldn't field or run anymore by the time he was the 350/5 or 600/800 monster he became at the end.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by raiderfan19
    Griffey was never quite as good as everyone pretends he was because he didn't walk enough. All time great for sure but he would never have been in the "goat"discussion because his obp was too low(it was great for a mortal at .400 roughly but way below the legit goat tier players.
    Unlike a legend by the name of Barry Bonds.

NBA lottery pick

Arod has to be in the discussion for greatest 2 way peak player

I would think the best two way players ever by position would be c-bench, rodriguez, 1b-pujols, Gehrig 2b-Morgan, alomar, ss-arod, Wagner 3b Schmidt, Brett of-mays mantle Griffey, Cobb, bonds and trout

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

I would think the best two way players ever by position would be c-bench, rodriguez, 1b-pujols, Gehrig 2b-Morgan, alomar, ss-arod, Wagner 3b Schmidt, Brett of-mays mantle Griffey, Cobb, bonds and trout

Where is Ruth? He is BY FAR the greatest hitter of all time, and would be a HOF pitcher if he remained as one. I can't think of a better 2 way than that.

Banned

Also on bonds it always annoys me when people pretend that he was both the great all around player he was in his youth and the goat hitter he was post steroids at the same time. He wasn't. He couldn't field or run anymore by the time he was the 350/5 or 600/800 monster he became at the end.
    When he came to the Giants he was hitting homeruns and stealing bases still. He was 30/30 almost every year and one year came short of it. He dropped off in the 2000's because of age. Your speed tend to go before your hitting so I am not going to blame him there. He also got his fair shares of doubles and triples too.

I watch a lot of Giants games as a kid and a lot during Bonds' career. He was stealing bases and played great in the outfield still. He did drop off during the tail end of his career but he had a good arm.

Quote Originally Posted by 9erempiree
    When he came to the Giants he was hitting homeruns and stealing bases still. He was 30/30 almost every year and one year came short of it. He dropped off in the 2000's because of age. Your speed tend to go before your hitting so I am not going to blame him there. He also got his fair shares of doubles and triples too.

I watch a lot of Giants games as a kid and a lot during Bonds' career. He was stealing bases and played great in the outfield still. He did drop off during the tail end of his career but he had a good arm.
    I'm not saying it wasn't understandable. I'm saying he when he's compared to Ruth and Williams people include his defense but when he could defend he couldn't hit like them.