Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 41112131415 LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Uncharted 4: A Thief's End - Countdown

The frame rate looks dodgy with it's drops. Not a completely smooth play

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by GIF REACTION
    The frame rate looks dodgy with it's drops. Not a completely smooth play
    One of my complaints about the ps4. Some of the multi plats run at higher frame rates but they aren't locked so can drop further and are more noticeable. Guess it's a trade off of a locked lower rate or an unlocked higher rate.

Quote Originally Posted by outbreak
    I'm worried it'll be like UC3 which had some serious gameplay issues. Still don't understand how you go from 2 being close to perfect to 3 having glaring issues. Hope I'm wrong though because I'm really pumped for this.
    U3 was still a great ass game though, despite its glaring weaknesses.
    Plus, Amy isn't the lead for U4.

The guys who were developing U2 & TLOU are in charge of U4.
    I'm pumped.

It's ****ing tax season in March too, so I know I'll be working 70+ hours a week at KPMG.

Banned

another delay

may 10 is new release

where is west-side gone?

I'm right here hoe.

Back just in time for this epic to release.

Pretty much every single source, even the ones who gave Uncharted 4 a lower score than TLOU / Uncharted 2, admitted this is ND's best game and the best Uncharted game to date. The only reason they couldn't give it a higher score had to do more with innovation and originality.

Still 94 on metacritic, already 24 perfect reviews. No mixed reviews at all.

Lowest score is an 80.

Atomix - 100
    Time - 100
    Toronto Sun - 100
    Giant Bomb - 100
    IGN Denmark - 100
    PSX Sense - 100
    Arcade Sushi - 100
    Areajugones - 100
    GamingTrend - 100
    Meristation - 100
    Game Rant - 100
    Digital Spy - 100
    DarkStation - 100
    Telegraph - 100
    Twinfinite - 100
    Play Station LifeStyle - 100
    Gameblog - 100
    CGMagazine - 100
    Playstation Universe - 100
    TheSixthAxis - 100
    Push Square - 100
    GameSpot - 100
    God is a Geek - 100
    JeuxActu - 100

Breakdown of the first 61 reviews.

24 perfect scores (more than MGS V had, with over 90 reviews).
    16 scores between 95 & 99.
    15 scores between 90 & 94.
    Only 6 scores before 90.
    No mixed reviews yet... [MGS V had 2]
    Eat your little heart out Shade.
    I doubt this game beats out TLOU's 43 perfect scores because games are rated harsher for today's gen., but my god these 5 days better pass by quickly. Way too excited to play this gem.

Gonna buy it, finish it, and sell it so fast.

National High School Star

Easily in my Top 10 GOAT Games, no doubt.

Finished it, loved it and will replay again.

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

So I'm finally getting around to playing. I'm up to chapter 9. Just too much shit going on the last few months. And in addition, I have to admit it was slow to get going. Those first few chapters, with the way I play, checking every nook and cranny, really dragged a bit. Had I muscled through them a little harder I'm sure I would've gotten hooked sooner and started cruising, because that's where I'm at now.

My few notes:
    The shooting feels really off. I'm playing on normal difficulty, but this is a game I've gotten platinum trophies on the previous three, and the shooting feels way more difficult. When did this series become a stealth adventure? Now I'm complaining too much, because I really like stealth stuff, and so far I've really liked those mechanics. But it doesn't really feel like an Uncharted game. In more than one way, this feels like it's been heavily influenced by The Last of Us, which obviously makes a lot of sense. One is the amount of stealthiness. But in addition, the slowness of the first act of the story feels very much like the way The Last of Us felt. I'm guessing it's a writing style habit. And lastly, there's the buddy play AI stuff feels a bit like Sam has been skinned on top of Ellie.

Anyway. I'm just now beginning to really enjoy it. And I have no doubt that I'll be totally smitten by the time I'm done. Just some early thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
    So I'm finally getting around to playing. I'm up to chapter 9. Just too much shit going on the last few months. And in addition, I have to admit it was slow to get going. Those first few chapters, with the way I play, checking every nook and cranny, really dragged a bit. Had I muscled through them a little harder I'm sure I would've gotten hooked sooner and started cruising, because that's where I'm at now.

My few notes:
    The shooting feels really off. I'm playing on normal difficulty, but this is a game I've gotten platinum trophies on the previous three, and the shooting feels way more difficult. When did this series become a stealth adventure? Now I'm complaining too much, because I really like stealth stuff, and so far I've really liked those mechanics. But it doesn't really feel like an Uncharted game. In more than one way, this feels like it's been heavily influenced by The Last of Us, which obviously makes a lot of sense. One is the amount of stealthiness. But in addition, the slowness of the first act of the story feels very much like the way The Last of Us felt. I'm guessing it's a writing style habit. And lastly, there's the buddy play AI stuff feels a bit like Sam has been skinned on top of Ellie.

Anyway. I'm just now beginning to really enjoy it. And I have no doubt that I'll be totally smitten by the time I'm done. Just some early thoughts.
    Completely agree. The shooting is way harder and its like they are forcing you to use stealth. On harder difficult, it's just too difficult to take out all the enemies on crushing without killing a bunch of enemies using stealth.

The game isn't better than U2 or TLOU either. They made this game too slow. There aren't nearly enough enemy encounters and WAY TOO MUCH exploring/climbing. I have never felt so underwhelmed by an ending in a video game. Chapter 21 was the shittiest thing I have experienced in video game history.

The ending and the slow pace to the game really ruined it for me.
    It really isn't more fun than U3 to me, but I appreciate everything else about the game. Literally everything was perfect besides them changing the atmosphere of the damn game.

It def. did not feel like Uncharted.
    I will def. play it a 2nd time, but I haven't touched it for over 2 weeks now.

Again, U3 had the same impact on me. I did not enjoy it as much as I did after the 2nd playthrough. Maybe my expectations were a bit too high...

Quote Originally Posted by West-Side
    Completely agree. The shooting is way harder and its like they are forcing you to use stealth. On harder difficult, it's just too difficult to take out all the enemies on crushing without killing a bunch of enemies using stealth.

The game isn't better than U2 or TLOU either. They made this game too slow. There aren't nearly enough enemy encounters and WAY TOO MUCH exploring/climbing. I have never felt so underwhelmed by an ending in a video game. Chapter 21 was the shittiest thing I have experienced in video game history.

The ending and the slow pace to the game really ruined it for me.
    It really isn't more fun than U3 to me, but I appreciate everything else about the game. Literally everything was perfect besides them changing the atmosphere of the damn game.

It def. did not feel like Uncharted.
    I will def. play it a 2nd time, but I haven't touched it for over 2 weeks now.

Again, U3 had the same impact on me. I did not enjoy it as much as I did after the 2nd playthrough. Maybe my expectations were a bit too high...

I had a similar experience with Uncharted3. In a vacuum it may be a better game than 2, but in the moment, that jump from 1 to 2 was just unreal. U2 felt like nothing I'd ever played before. U3 felt like a sequel to U2, which is great, it just didn't have that impact because of that.

And this one ... it just doesn't feel like an Uncharted game is just the best way to describe it. I love open world games. Some of my favorite games ever have been open world games. The Uncharteds have all been small sandbox sets that we were shuffled through, but this one they're huge. Again, I've really loved exploring them, they are incredibly put together, and they've even been packed with enough trinkets to make me interested in doing so, but those trinkets have little real value, and it really kills the pacing. And again, not that any of that is bad, it's just not what I expect in an Uncharted game. It's creating a weird pacing gap between combat. And when you combine that fact with the fact that the combat has also had a weird pacing glitch added into it, because there were definitely times in previous Uncharteds where you could take cover and start shooting.

So far excellent, just felt like it could've been made into a new IP just as easily as an Uncharted.

That's an interesting take that this doesn't feel like an Uncharted game. There were certainly chapters that were pretty intense and fun, but I think this is the first Uncharted game that is the most story driven, maybe that's why it feels that way? I'm unsure if I completely agree with you on that anyway, but I definitely see where you're coming from.

For me, it's easily 2 > 4 > 1 > 3.

Quote Originally Posted by nightprowler10
    That's an interesting take that this doesn't feel like an Uncharted game. There were certainly chapters that were pretty intense and fun, but I think this is the first Uncharted game that is the most story driven, maybe that's why it feels that way? I'm unsure if I completely agree with you on that anyway, but I definitely see where you're coming from.

For me, it's easily 2 > 4 > 1 > 3.

I'm still just getting going, so I may be overstating things myself. I'm just got to Madagascar and have the Jeep, so there's plenty of time for my opinion to change. I loved exploring the Scottish catacombs. That was an unbelievable set. But it did sort of create what I that opinion. It's loaded with hidey holes in the set, and it feels really designed to be beaten as a stealth mission. And the amount of exploration was crazy. I enjoyed it, just because the sets were so meticulously done, but it didn't feel like what I'm used to. And when the pace quickened, A lot of the shootouts felt almost like they were optional, because I could skip them by continuing down the slides and doing what was really closer to a platforming level.

The rope has been a much cooler tool than I expected it to be, but in a lot of ways it made the early sequences I've played feel more like a platform puzzler with shooting sets sprinkled about.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
    I'm still just getting going, so I may be overstating things myself. I'm just got to Madagascar and have the Jeep, so there's plenty of time for my opinion to change. I loved exploring the Scottish catacombs. That was an unbelievable set. But it did sort of create what I that opinion. It's loaded with hidey holes in the set, and it feels really designed to be beaten as a stealth mission. And the amount of exploration was crazy. I enjoyed it, just because the sets were so meticulously done, but it didn't feel like what I'm used to. And when the pace quickened, A lot of the shootouts felt almost like they were optional, because I could skip them by continuing down the slides and doing what was really closer to a platforming level.

The rope has been a much cooler tool than I expected it to be, but in a lot of ways it made the early sequences I've played feel more like a platform puzzler with shooting sets sprinkled about.
    Yeah I loved the stealth in the earlier sequences. It definitely gets more combat heavy as the story progresses.

bloodclot! it's that well reviewed! time to re-buy a ps4.