Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    NBA Legend

Default Re: One thing I think Conservatives/Republicans are full of shit on...

Quote Originally Posted by Nanners

that is the tail of an elephant in his hand

That dude should have his dick cut off.

If people wanna hunt deer and rabbits n shit, no big deal but why would you hunt large wild animals whose numbers are already much more limited. Once a species runs out it is completely erased forever.

The US should commission a group of hunters stocked with military gear to go down there and hunt the people who are hunting the animals.

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

I can't wrap my mind around the need to then take a picture with your kill with the biggest ****ing grin on your face either.

It's like a badge of honor to these idiots.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Akrazotile
    That dude should have his dick cut off.

If people wanna hunt deer and rabbits n shit, no big deal but why would you hunt large wild animals whose numbers are already much more limited. Once a species runs out it is completely erased forever.

The US should commission a group of hunters stocked with military gear to go down there and hunt the people who are hunting the animals.
    There's only one man brave and tough enough to do it.

Soon.

Gonna make for some great reality TV watchin.

The Big Hunt: Father vs Son. Coming next fall to NBC.

White people, the world's most destructive force

~the original p.tiddy~ ~primetime~'s Avatar

some of these might be misleading as hunting the animal is actually an attempt to help the animal's conservation

doesn't sound like that was the case with Cecil though...hope that dude gets eaten by a Lion

NBA Legend

Quote Originally Posted by ~primetime~
    some of these might be misleading as hunting the animal is actually an attempt to help the animal's conservation

doesn't sound like that was the case with Cecil though...hope that dude gets eaten by a Lion

A few people have mentioned that here. I'm not familiar with that concept, can someone extrapolate for me please?

Quote Originally Posted by ~primetime~

This "hunting for conservation" myth is complete nonsense

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/n...-conservation/

About 3% of the money paid by these trophy hunters are used locally for conservation. The rest goes to travel companies and national governments.

Population control is not a problem with lions. They have been in rapid decline for a good century now. There are probably less than 30,000 lions left in the world.

The money spent by hunters that goes to conservation is not even a tiny fraction of that spent by the normal human beings among us that are happy to merely look at the lion and maybe take a photo. They are the ones that support the National Parks in Africa, not trophy hunters.
    Last edited by Nanners; 07-29-2015 at 05:19 PM.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Akrazotile
    A few people have mentioned that here. I'm not familiar with that concept, can someone extrapolate for me please?
    Think of a predator that starts getting a large population. They will kill off much of the prey to the point of destroying the ecosystem in place. If you reduce the population of the overpopulated animal, you will save the underpopulated prey.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

dentist in the op has a tiny ass dick so he has to blast huge lions and shit to feel manly

The guy who recently killed one of the last remaining black rhinos was allowed to do so because the rhino he killed was a threat to the others...and the money he paid ($350k) went toward saving the others

story here:
    http://www.cnn.com/2015/05/19/africa...ia-rhino-hunt/

Quote Originally Posted by TheMan
    White people, the world's most destructive force
    Yet, you'd sneak across any border or live a life of crime to live amongst them.

Quote Originally Posted by Nanners
    This "hunting for conservation" myth is complete nonsense

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/n...-conservation/

About 3% of the money paid by these trophy hunters are used locally for conservation. The rest goes to travel companies and national governments.

Population control is not a problem with lions. They have been in rapid decline for a good century now. There are probably less than 30,000 lions left in the world.

The money spent by hunters that goes to conservation is not even a tiny fraction of that spent by the normal human beings among us that are happy to merely look at the lion and maybe take a photo. They are the ones that support the National Parks in Africa, not trophy hunters.

Lions do face another major threat: sport hunting. The proposal to protect lions comes in response to a 2011 petition from five conservation groups, who revealed that hunting occurs in 16 of the 20 countries in which lions remain and that the number of lion trophies imported back into the U.S. by American hunters doubled between 1999 and 2008. The official FWS position, however, iterated today by Ashe, is that sports hunting does not contribute to lions being endangered, especially when revenues from these hunts support lion conservation efforts. This is consistent with other hunting-as-conservation positions taken by FWS, including last year's decision to allow a hunter to import a black rhino trophy into the U.S. for the first time in 33 years.
    http://blogs.scientificamerican.com/...ct-protection/

Lions main threats:
    FWS identified three main threats currently facing lions: habitat loss, loss of their prey base to the bushmeat trade, and human-lion conflict. All three threats are inexorably linked.

I'm not in any way shape or form trying to defend the hunting of lions here btw...just pointing out that there have been some situations where the hunting of an exotic animal is not as bad as it looks.

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan
    dentist in the op has a tiny ass dick so he has to blast huge lions and shit to feel manly

This. He's either compensating for lack of a pe[COLOR="Black"]n[/COLOR]is or it's some sick fetish. The dude would have to be a dentist though, like we don't get enough bad publicity.

Quote Originally Posted by rufuspaul
    This. He's either compensating for lack of a pe[COLOR="Black"]n[/COLOR]is or it's some sick fetish. The dude would have to be a dentist though, like we don't get enough bad publicity.
    ^^^ A FCKING DENTIST!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorMurder
    Total horse shit.
    No it isn't.

This may be news to you, but animals do in fact, kill other animals. Alpha males frequently kill younger males. Sometimes, it might be a better idea to kill off 1 older male who is past his breeding prime who if left alone, will kill off 8 younger males. When it comes to endangered animals, it's a simple number game sometimes.