Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Banned

Default Re: Man shoots down drone hovering over his backyard

Quote Originally Posted by UK2K
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_kfUVZdTkU

Or putting a gun on a drone. How dangerously stupid is that?
    Not good brother.

Tolerant Liberals

woah that is cool as ***, ii really wonder how we will create and interpret laws regarding owning robots that fire weapons

can you imagine the possibilities?

i for one think that guns on drones/robots is basically military grade weaponry and should follow those same guidelines

and as such, if you fly one of those into range of my backyard where I can see it and shoot it down, itd be no different than if you rolled up to me on the street with gernades or tanks, its basically war

if it didnt have guns attached, then its just trespassing
    Last edited by ISHGoat; 07-30-2015 at 01:18 PM.

Yeah, that is scary. You could build the thing with gloves on, then go assassinate somebody without your finger prints on it. Not sure how easy it would be to catch the person.

Tolerant Liberals

Quote Originally Posted by ShackEelOKneel
    Yeah, that is scary. You could build the thing with gloves on, then go assassinate somebody without your finger prints on it. Not sure how easy it would be to catch the person.
    dont let muslims see this but if you dont plan to fly it back, you could just attach some explosives to it

This video reminded me of when ISHers go on their alt accounts to attack someone.

Quote Originally Posted by ShackEelOKneel
    I was thinking more along the lines of strapping a few blocks of C4 to it and driving it through the White House front door.

Im all about freedoms, but these are getting out of control.

If I can hit it with a shotgun, it's in my airspace.

Quote Originally Posted by ISHGoat
    woah that is cool as ***, ii really wonder how we will create and interpret laws regarding owning robots that fire weapons

can you imagine the possibilities?

i for one think that guns on drones/robots is basically military grade weaponry and should follow those same guidelines

and as such, if you fly one of those into range of my backyard where I can see it and shoot it down, itd be no different than if you rolled up to me on the street with gernades or tanks, its basically war

if it didnt have guns attached, then its just trespassing
    I imagine our military will be mostly remotely controlled machines within our lifetime.

Some redneck with a gun and some duct tape made a mobile, agile, killing machine. Imagine what our military can come up with.

This is BS that it's criminal mischief. No way in hell people should be able to have drones hovering around your shit. However, shooting a firearm at a flying object in a neighborhood is unsafe as shit. This is what he SHOULD have gotten in trouble for.

Quote Originally Posted by Dbrog
    This is BS that it's criminal mischief. No way in hell people should be able to have drones hovering around your shit. However, shooting a firearm at a flying object in a neighborhood is unsafe as shit. This is what he SHOULD have gotten in trouble for.
    The original article I read said it was in Bullit County, which is south of Louisville. Lots of horse farms there. Probably what I consider a neighborhood, you consider the country.

"Sunday afternoon, the kids – my girls – were out on the back deck, and the neighbors were out in their yard," Merideth said. "And they come in and said, 'Dad, there’s a drone out here, flying over everybody’s yard.'"

Merideth's neighbors saw it too.

"It was just hovering above our house and it stayed for a few moments and then she finally waved and it took off," said neighbor Kim VanMeter.

VanMeter has a 16-year-old daughter who lays out at their pool. She says a drone hovering with a camera is creepy and weird.
    "I didn't shoot across the road, I didn't shoot across my neighbor's fences, I shot directly into the air," he added.

"He didn’t just fly over," he said. "If he had been moving and just kept moving, that would have been one thing -- but when he come directly over our heads, and just hovered there, I felt like I had the right."

"You know, when you’re in your own property, within a six-foot privacy fence, you have the expectation of privacy," he said. "We don't know if he was looking at the girls. We don’t know if he was looking for something to steal. To me, it was the same as trespassing."
    He's got a point.

On the WDRB website, the reader poll has:

90% should not be charged.
    8% not sure.
    2% should be charged.

Tolerant Liberals

I imagine our military will be mostly remotely controlled machines within our lifetime.

Some redneck with a gun and some duct tape made a mobile, agile, killing machine. Imagine what our military can come up with.
    Internet is a crazy thing, there are full blueprints out there on how to build a fully functioning nuke. All you need is the nuclear material

Sad world we live in that we encourage and glorify Bruce Jenner mutilating his body and his mental illness.

But we arrest a man who is on his own property trying to protect his family from an intruder.

Thank you Liberal America, thank you, the world is a better place. Dudes cab be chicks, and parents can't protect their children in the privacy of their own homes. Nice.

Those charges should be dropped. Some asshole flies a camera over my yard and just hangs out there, I'd shoot his f*cking drone down too.