Default 4 Best Scenes - TV (spoilers)

This thread is for the 4 most remarkable scenes you've ever seen on TV.

4. Mad Men - The Carousel. Season 1, Episode 13. "The Carousel Pitch".

Mad Men arrived as an ATG great with this scene. Nostalgia - Family. Don's pitch pulled at the heartstrings. Just legendary.

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suRDUFpsHus

3. Breaking Bad - Crawl Space. Season 4, Episode 11. "Walt, in the Crawl Space. Laughing."

Sheer terror. Desperation. Likely the best acting Bryan Cranston ever did.

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWfK5JyD2bA

2. The Sopranos - Employee of the Month. Season 3, Episode 4. "Melfi withholds the rape from Tony Soprano".

What would you have done? Is what this episode, and especially this scene seems to ask of you. Morality vs Revenge.

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7iAhJoa4BXo

1. Game of Thrones - The Rains of Castamere. Season 3, Episode 9. "The Red Wedding".

**** you.

3 years later. Still. And forever.

**** you.

Link: **** you.
    Last edited by Suguru101; 07-31-2015 at 01:34 AM.

Banned

Default Re: 4 Best Scenes - TV (spoilers)

OZ - Adebsi raping Schebeta

Of course that is the response a thread like this gets...

Quote Originally Posted by outbreak
    OZ - Adebsi raping Schebeta
    But seriously, Beecher shitting on Schillinger felt pretty amazing.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Suguru101
    This thread is for the 4 most remarkable scenes you've ever seen on TV.

4. Mad Men - The Carousel. Season 1, Episode 13. "The Carousel Pitch".

Mad Men arrived as an ATG great with this scene. Nostalgia - Family. Don's pitch pulled at the heartstrings. Just legendary.

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suRDUFpsHus

3. Breaking Bad - Crawl Space. Season 4, Episode 11. "Walt, in the Crawl Space. Laughing."

Sheer terror. Desperation. Likely the best acting Bryan Cranston ever did.

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWfK5JyD2bA

2. The Sopranos - Employee of the Month. Season 3, Episode 4. "Melfi withholds the rape from Tony Soprano".

What would you have done? Is what this episode, and especially this scene seems to ask of you. Morality vs Revenge.

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7iAhJoa4BXo

1. Game of Thrones - The Rains of Castamere. Season 3, Episode 9. "The Red Wedding".

**** you.

3 years later. Still. And forever.

**** you.

Link: **** you.
    Great choices

I love how that Employee of the month ending cut to black and had no music through the credits, a precursor to the ending. Powerful stuff.

I'll most likely be back with more but off the top of my head... Rome: Octavian is sworn in as Consul

Banned

SPOILERS

Dexter - Season 4 - Trinity Killer follows him to the police department, "Hello, Dexter Morgan"
    - Also the Thanksgivings Dinner... "Shut up ****." and the "I should have ****ing killed you"

Season 1 - When he goes to that psychiatrist and old repressed memories come to the surface and he ends up smashing rita
    - when he enters the blood filled room the ice truck killer left for him... Generally that whole episode
    - When he finds out rudy is his brother

Season 2
    - When he locks up Doakes in the cage and they interact. Probably the peak of the show

True Detective s1
    - The 4 minute tracking shot in the ghetto episode 4
    - The regie ledoux shoot out coverup part ep 5 was pretty good too

Breaking Bad
    - Jesus, just about every minute of it. Hank dying, gomez dying, Gus dying, Walter dying, Jane dying, all the epic cook sessions... The "Where is the money!!!" SO many quotable/scenes. Epic show.

rank sentamentalist

i prefer don's writing the open letter to the tobacco companies more but carousel is a great choice. i also like the "youre fired" scene when don is recollecting the scdp revolt and that music kicks in. good shit.

best game of thrones scene is definitely the tyrion confession. or something with varys and little finger maybe. that's leaving out the action, last season's hammerhead was amazing and the kings landing battle also.

Quote Originally Posted by RidonKs
    i prefer don's writing the open letter to the tobacco companies more but carousel is a great choice. i also like the "youre fired" scene when don is recollecting the scdp revolt and that music kicks in. good shit.

best game of thrones scene is definitely the tyrion confession. or something with varys and little finger maybe. that's leaving out the action, last season's hammerhead was amazing and the kings landing battle also.
    From Mad Men, i debated using that "you're fired" scene, but it was all part of a kind of large sequence, when they were all taking the stuff away, when they were recruiting the most important players form Sterling-Cooper.

I also wanted to put "That's what the money is for!" from The Suitcase, or Don getting the news of Anna dying. But the carousel just perfectly represents early Mad Men. So i went with it.

As far as GoT. Tyrion confessing was hype, but it didn't feel as significant as the Red Wedding. Hardhome would have been awesome, but it really didn't feel like 'one' scene, but a mini-episode within an episode.

Most underrated GoT scene is definitely at the end of Blackwater, when Cersei is sitting in the Iron Throne, with Tommen on her lap. Holding a bottle of poison, ready to to have him drink it, and her too, rather than face defeat. She then goes into this absolutely amazing monologue:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZALx29OnHU

rank sentamentalist

Most underrated GoT scene is definitely at the end of Blackwater, when Cersei is sitting in the Iron Throne, with Tommen on her lap. Holding a bottle of poison, ready to to have him drink it, and her too, rather than face defeat. She then goes into this absolutely amazing monologue:
    such great tension

i can never get enough of this mcnulty/leavy/pearlman scene from the wire

another career in the balance. **** you. if only half you mother****ers in the states attorneys office didn't want to be judges, didn't want to be partners in some downtown law firm. if half of you had the ****ing balls to follow through, you know what would happen? a guy like that would be indicted, tried, and convicted. and the rest of em would back up enough so we could push a clean case through your courthouse. but no. everybody stays friends, everybody gets paid, and everybody's got a ****ing future.
    Last edited by RidonKs; 07-31-2015 at 03:18 PM.

Healthy reminder that i should start The Wire.

"Ya I aint a suit man business man like you, I'm just a gangsta I suppose. And I want my corners." Avon

I can't even pick the 4 best scenes in the Wire. Too many quotables

rank sentamentalist

Quote Originally Posted by Suguru101
    Healthy reminder that i should start The Wire.
    good god bro get on it asap

Quote Originally Posted by macmac
    "Ya I aint a suit man business man like you, I'm just a gangsta I suppose. And I want my corners." Avon

I can't even pick the 4 best scenes in the Wire. Too many quotables
    u know what the difference is between us? i bleed red, you bleed green. you a man without a country string. not hard enough for shit sh1t here, and just MAYBE not smart enough for them out there

Quote Originally Posted by GIF REACTION
    SPOILERS

Dexter - Season 4 - Trinity Killer follows him to the police department, "Hello, Dexter Morgan"
    - Also the Thanksgivings Dinner... "Shut up ****." and the "I should have ****ing killed you"

Season 1 - When he goes to that psychiatrist and old repressed memories come to the surface and he ends up smashing rita
    - when he enters the blood filled room the ice truck killer left for him... Generally that whole episode
    - When he finds out rudy is his brother

Season 2
    - When he locks up Doakes in the cage and they interact. Probably the peak of the show

True Detective s1
    - The 4 minute tracking shot in the ghetto episode 4
    - The regie ledoux shoot out coverup part ep 5 was pretty good too

Breaking Bad
    - Jesus, just about every minute of it. Hank dying, gomez dying, Gus dying, Walter dying, Jane dying, all the epic cook sessions... The "Where is the money!!!" SO many quotable/scenes. Epic show.