Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Pacers' Jordan Hill arrested for reckless driving, clocked at 107 mph

Quote Originally Posted by oarabbus
    Says the guy who's location is East Brunswick New Jersey

New Jersey
    Bay Area

Local High School Star CakeorDeath's Avatar

Default Re: Pacers' Jordan Hill arrested for reckless driving, clocked at 107 mph

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    Reckless driving charge should depend on the vehicle. I agree that 107mph in a Rover is reckless. If he's driving a Porsche or a Ferrari or something like that? You can do 107 mph perfectly safe. Still not legal, but not necessarily reckless.

The fastest I've been is just under 160mph in a BMW 740. Fastest I've ever driven a car is around 140mph in a BMW M5.
    It has nothing to do with the ability of the car you're driving to handle those speeds. At 107/140/160, you are endangering the community. Those speeds should only be attained in controlled environments, where other drivers, debris, pedestrians, slow moving vehicles, animals, etc aren't involved.

The problem with those speeds is that any mistake is likely to be fatal, to more people than just the person who decided to drive that fast. Mistakes that wouldn't otherwise cause death or even an accident now do because both your reaction time and your evasive options are severely limited at those speeds.

I've been rolled 1.5 times by a woman going 32 mph. My company represents hospitals in auto accident claims against insurance companies; I've seen some of the worst things you can think of that occurred at speeds you'd never guess could cause catastrophic losses.

Be safe, Everyone.

Banned

Reckless driving charge should depend on the vehicle. I agree that 107mph in a Rover is reckless. If he's driving a Porsche or a Ferrari or something like that? You can do 107 mph perfectly safe. Still not legal, but not necessarily reckless.

The fastest I've been is just under 160mph in a BMW 740. Fastest I've ever driven a car is around 140mph in a BMW M5.
    Not even close. Going 110 in a non-controlled environment where other drivers aren't aware is INCREDIBLY dangerous. All it take is 1 person to switch into your lane while you're flying up behind them. If that happens, Hill is likely dead and the other car's passengers will sustain life threatening injuries as well.

Free the banned users. stalkerforlife's Avatar

Why are cars made to go so fast if it's illegal to drive them that fast?

Serious question.

NBA sixth man of the year

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers_Kobe_Fan
    Larry Bird told him that they are going to be a fast paced team.

Hill was just practicing
    I lol'd...

NBA sixth man of the year KyrieTheFuture's Avatar

Dude wanted out of LA that bad huh

Quote Originally Posted by kamil
    107mph is fast? LOL... silly americans.
    It's illegal you moron.

These hoes ain't loyal Nuff Said's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stalkerforlife
    Why are cars made to go so fast if it's illegal to drive them that fast?

Serious question.
    I came to ask this. It makes no ****in sense.

Local High School Star gilalizard's Avatar

wtf suspended from your job for speeding?

130 in a ML350. Was hammered. First and last time I ever drove drunk. Never even sat in a car with a drunk driver after that either. There were cops just a couple of miles ahead, but luckily I stopped before that.

The fastest ever as a passenger was ~180 in a Bentley CFS. Sober.

But yeah, nowadays, I ask people to slow down whenever they start speeding. It was fun when I was younger, but not anymore.
    Last edited by aj1987; 08-03-2015 at 09:55 AM.