Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Banned

Thumbs up The NBA needs to allow and even endorse Cannabis use among players

First of all, Cannabis is completely harmless to health and has many benefits for athletes. The NBA has a problem with painkiller usage, although not as bad as the NBA. Making players rely on painkillers to get through a grueling 82 game seas on is wrong and the NBA should fight to make Cannabis allowed so players won't have to use painkillers.

This will create an obvious health benefit to everyone who makes the switch. Plus, Cannabis has been proven to expand lung capacity meaning it would make players perform slightly better on the court. It is also a fantastic post workout supplement that gets muscles to relax and aids in recovery.

The NBA doesn't have insanely outdated punishments as bad as the NFL but any suspension for setting a plant on fire is over the top. All NBA players should smoke/vape/eat/drink Cannabis and the league should allow it for their own benefit.

Banned

Default Re: The NBA needs to allow and even endorse Cannabis use among players

op is akrazotile

Serious playground baller

God I love weed more than almost anybody but stop with these damn threads.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by hihellohi765
    God I love weed more than almost anybody but stop with these damn threads.
    This is serious NBA related discussion. Feel free to leave this comment in one of my Off the Court Lounge threads

Yeah. Federal law is completely irrelevant. OP is a genius.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by clipps
    Yeah. Federal law is completely irrelevant. OP is a genius.
    Well obviously it should be legal at the federal level and hopefully will soon. If the NBA took a stand for it it would make a MASSIVE difference.

Plus, I like the idea of breaking a law that says the greatest form of natural medicine on this planet has no medicinal benefits. **** the government, the logging industry, private prisons, Big Pharma, Big Alcohol, and Big Tobacco.

Serious playground baller CeilingFan#1's Avatar

Boring troll is boring.

This is the dumbest ****ing idea ever

Quote Originally Posted by Lensanity
    Well obviously it should be legal at the federal level and hopefully will soon. If the NBA took a stand for it it would make a MASSIVE difference.

Plus, I like the idea of breaking a law that says the greatest form of natural medicine on this planet has no medicinal benefits. **** the government, the logging industry, private prisons, Big Pharma, Big Alcohol, and Big Tobacco.
    and cocaine is just from a leaf, all opioids come from a flower

Virtually every drug is 'natural'

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by FireDavidKahn
    and cocaine is just from a leaf, all opioids come from a flower

Virtually every drug is 'natural'
    Cannabis is 100% natural. Not just where it comes from.

You are probably one of those brainwashed fools that thinks Cannabis is bad.

why I even like Rondo CeltsGarlic's Avatar

no more dunks then, ok?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by FireDavidKahn
    This is the dumbest ****ing idea ever
    So having athletes get addicted to painkillers is a better idea?

Let me guess.....you think Weed can kill you, give you lung cancer, fry your brain, kill brain cells, and make you lazy. Right? Well guess what? Not a single one of those things are true.

I would only agree to let users have their fun during the off-season. Once camp opens, come in clean and prepared. Otherwise, keep the penalties the same.

They make enough money. Some discipline won't hurt.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by smoovegittar
    I would only agree to let users have their fun during the off-season. Once camp opens, come in clean and prepared. Otherwise, keep the penalties the same.

They make enough money. Some discipline won't hurt.
    Why? What exactly would be the problem with allowing it during the season? Why would you want to endorse painkiller addictions?

i dont think itd be a good idea for these guys.

theyd end up gaining weight, sleeping through practice, calling time-outs when they dont have any left, forgetting what play was just called 4 seconds ago etc etc

you want your mind to be sharp for an 82 game season. Marijuana dulls the fuhck out yo brain. Not good for guys who need to make split-second decisions that could mean the difference between first-round exit and chamionship banner.