Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    rank sentamentalist

Default Re: Explain why theres a huge gap in career FG% between Rose, Westbrook and Wall?

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    Westbrook surpassed Rose years ago. Not even close now. Dude just put up 28/7/9/2. MVP doe.
    the comparison goes beyond stats, and probably the root of it is coaching. if their roles were reversed and westbrook had played under thibbs instead of brooks, i'd probably be saying the opposite. but that's not what happened. westbrook is a loose cannon who loses points for all his reckless abandon as much as he scores them.

rose was leading a bad offensive team without even the help westbrook had to cap off last year. he was doing it more efficiently than you could ever expect from westbrook throughout his career. maybe next season we see russ under control and not going 1v3 every 3 minutes.

Default Re: Explain why theres a huge gap in career FG% between Rose, Westbrook and Wall?

Quote Originally Posted by Pointguard
    (Derrick Rose) playing the game in a smart team context.

rank sentamentalist

yeah rose isn't the smartest dude in terms of decision making but in 2011 he was loads better than westbrook was last year. i'll give westbrook the nod as overall more dominant but assuming i don't have scottie pippen or andre miller or khris middleton to run the offense through, gimme derrick rose every time until russ proves he's more than just an assassin.

Quote Originally Posted by RidonKs
    the comparison goes beyond stats, and probably the root of it is coaching. if their roles were reversed and westbrook had played under thibbs instead of brooks, i'd probably be saying the opposite. but that's not what happened. westbrook is a loose cannon who loses points for all his reckless abandon as much as he scores them.

rose was leading a bad offensive team without even the help westbrook had to cap off last year. he was doing it more efficiently than you could ever expect from westbrook throughout his career. maybe next season we see russ under control and not going 1v3 every 3 minutes.
    You'd have to account how many injuries both teams had. I know they both had a lot.

Brook does play in a tougher conference, though.

5-time NBA All-Star

That was stupid. Name me a player that started with a new young team in recent years and had the best record in the league??? Hell name a veteran team that just got together and did that feat? Lebron/Wade/Bosh with two who were among the most versatile great guys at their positions and all in their prime , CP3 with the most athletic frontcourt ever Jordan/Blake, Nash/Kobe/Dwight, KD/Westbrook/Ibaka never got to 61 wins and its like 7 years now. And Rose does it without an allstar and barely anybody in the top ten in anything. If you think he wasn't playing bright ball that's on you.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

That was stupid. Name me a player that started with a new young team in recent years and had the best record in the league??? Hell name a veteran team that just got together and did that feat? Lebron/Wade/Bosh with two who were among the most versatile great guys at their positions and all in their prime , CP3 with the most athletic frontcourt ever Jordan/Blake, Nash/Kobe/Dwight, KD/Westbrook/Ibaka never got to 61 wins and its like 7 years now. And Rose does it without an allstar and barely anybody in the top ten in anything. If you think he wasn't playing bright ball that's on you.
    Why do you put so much emphasis on regular season play in a weak conference?

I've seen you criticize Dirk/Mavs for 2007 all the time. Why don't you put the same amount of weight into that team in the regular season?

Again...just talking regular season here. Don't bring up the playoffs. Tell me why it was so much more impressive what the Bulls did.

And for reference;

Bulls with Rose on court....+8.8 points per 100
    Bulls without Rose on court....+6.7 points per 100

Mavs with Dirk on court...+11.7 points per 100
    Mavs without Dirk on court....-.8 points per 100

Wins?

Bulls 62 wins
    Mavs 67 wins

Mavs played in a tougher conference as well.

So...could you please explain, without grading on a curve, why Rose/Bulls 11 season was so impressive to you and so many other situations aren't.

5-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    Why do you put so much emphasis on regular season play in a weak conference.
    Oh right, my bad, they dominated the elite teams out west as well despite their injuries. And what was in question, has absolutely nothing to do with it being the playoffs or not. Do you read threads before you join them?
    Again...just talking regular season here. Don't bring up the playoffs. Tell me why it was so much more impressive what the Bulls did.

And for reference;

Bulls with Rose on court....+8.8 points per 100
    Bulls without Rose on court....+6.7 points per 100

Mavs with Dirk on court...+11.7 points per 100
    Mavs without Dirk on court....-.8 points per 100

Wins?

Bulls 62 wins
    Mavs 67 wins

Mavs played in a tougher conference as well.

So...could you please explain, without grading on a curve, why Rose/Bulls 11 season was so impressive to you and so many other situations aren't.
    Please dont feel like you should be relevant or know the topic of conversation.

Dunking on everybody in the park

Default Re: explain why theres a huge gap in career FG% between Rose, Westbrook and Wall?

Derrick Rose is one of those players that will be quickly forgotten over the next 10-15 years by many and deemed largely irrelevant in NBA history.

Good thing he has that one gifted MVP.

5-time NBA All-Star

Default Re: explain why theres a huge gap in career FG% between Rose, Westbrook and Wall?

Quote Originally Posted by SOD 21
    Derrick Rose is one of those players that will be quickly forgotten over the next 10-15 years by many and deemed largely irrelevant in NBA history.

Good thing he has that one gifted MVP.
    Anything you get in life that is at a 90% ratio is well earned because their is always a 10% chance of luck. Rose won't be forgotten because there are three top 5 ranked point guards in the next two drafts that mimic his style. Plus his videos are more exciting than other players. But keep hating, I'm sure it will get you what you want in life.

Oh right, my bad, they dominated the elite teams out west as well despite their injuries. And what was in question, has absolutely nothing to do with it being the playoffs or not. Do you read threads before you join them?

Please dont feel like you should be relevant or know the topic of conversation.
    That isn't a response to a valid argument.

You can't keep on going with this narrative like Rose did something "no other player has"

He led a very good team to 62 wins in an average conference. His team without him on the court straight up dominated teams.

I'm going to keep calling you out on this....just so you know.

Anything you get in life that is at a 90% ratio is well earned because their is always a 10% chance of luck. Rose won't be forgotten because there are three top 5 ranked point guards in the next two drafts that mimic his style. Plus his videos are more exciting than other players. But keep hating, I'm sure it will get you what you want in life.
    It's not hating to say what he did. It might turn out to not be accurate, but it very well could be accurate.

Not a lot of people talk much about Kevin Johnson anymore...and he was better than Rose...best vs best imo....and had a much better career.

Just not hating.

Also, it's your opinion that his videos are more exciting than other players. Stop stating things like that as facts. I actually do think his highlights are amazing to watch, but others might disagree....and I find the highlights of a guy like Vince Carter way more fun to watch than Rose.

5-time NBA All-Star

That isn't a response to a valid argument.

You can't keep on going with this narrative like Rose did something "no other player has"

He led a very good team to 62 wins in an average conference. His team without him on the court straight up dominated teams.

I'm going to keep calling you out on this....just so you know.
    I'm only dealing with the topic at hand. You have a very severe problem with repeating the same circle over and over again even when the topic is nowhere near your circuitous old routine. And this is definitely one of your addiction attacks. I can't help you and I don't know who can. If you are relevant I might engage but its just better for you to get help.

5-time NBA All-Star

It's not hating to say what he did. It might turn out to not be accurate, but it very well could be accurate.

Not a lot of people talk much about Kevin Johnson anymore...and he was better than Rose...best vs best imo....and had a much better career.
    Funny you weren't watching basketball when Kevin Johnson played. You never talk about that time period. You took Shaqattacks word for it and he wasn't watching basketball at that time either. And he left you, when we were debating it. I would rather have been Rookie of the Year, MVP and first team All America than basically only having 3 All Star selections which Rose has also. But that's just me I guess???
    Just not hating.
    What else is it? Ignorance???
    Also, it's your opinion that his videos are more exciting than other players. Stop stating things like that as facts. I actually do think his highlights are amazing to watch, but others might disagree....and I find the highlights of a guy like Vince Carter way more fun to watch than Rose.
    Rose dissects a defense, slices and dices it. Accelerates, jukes, twist defenders around, dunks, does reverse layups, spins the ball as much as any player ever, dynamic dips, floaters, weaving in and out of defenses, etc. Carter was a one trick Pony in comparison. But I understand that you like things simple and 1 dimensional. That's your style, taste and comfort level when discussing basketball.

Rose dissects a defense, slices and dices it. Accelerates, jukes, twist defenders around, dunks, does reverse layups, spins the ball as much as any player ever, dynamic dips, floaters, weaving in and out of defenses, etc. Carter was a one trick Pony in comparison.
    No he wasn't. Vince is the farthest thing from a one trick pony and rarely does he get bested by other players in a highlight reel.

5-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7
    No he wasn't. Vince is the farthest thing from a one trick pony and rarely does he get bested by other players in a highlight reel.
    I said a one trick Pony in comparison.. It makes much more sense than you saying he was the "farthest thing" because that is reserved for guys like Rose, Iverson, Jordan, Magic and some others. He is basically all dunks with some jumpshots a couple of nice layins in most of his videos. I listed some of the things Rose did. Rose's HS video he's doing a variety of things more than Vince does in his best High light videos. No???

Who gets bested by other players in their own highlight reel? If Vince could do the things Rose does he's in the GOAT convo easily. I said "in comparison" clear as day.