Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    NBA lottery pick Long Duck Dong's Avatar

Default Wendy's Pretzel Bacon Pub Cheeseburger

Comes out today. Anyone down?

Default Re: Wendy's Pretzel Bacon Pub Cheeseburger

I actually had one of those today... It got the job done. Wendy's do something different with there beef? Tasted like a real hamburger for a second.

I've reached the age where Fast Food is now something I need to completely do away with... Stuff is poison. It tastes good and fills you up, but it's still poison.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Doomsday Dallas View Post
    I actually had one of those today... It got the job done. Wendy's do something different with there beef? Tasted like a real hamburger for a second.

I've reached the age where Fast Food is now something I need to completely do away with... Stuff is poison. It tastes good and fills you up, but it's still poison.
    That sandwich is not poison. It's a perfectly fine sandwich. Whats poison are the fries, nuggets, and soda. There's nothing wrong with cheese, and high quality beef. It's all the extra sugar, calories, and shit from that large soda and shitty french fry that will overtax your system.

How much money for 1?

Quote Originally Posted by tpols View Post
    That sandwich is not poison. It's a perfectly fine sandwich. Whats poison are the fries, nuggets, and soda. There's nothing wrong with cheese, and high quality beef. It's all the extra sugar, calories, and shit from that large soda and shitty french fry that will overtax your system.
    Even french fries alone aren't that bad. They're just potatoes, which have fiber and potassium, plus some oil and salt which are also necessary in modest amounts.

The issue is just combining em with the sandwich and the soda. Then you're just overdoing it. But if you pair em with like a grilled chicken salad and a sparkling water... now youre on point.

But yeah, pretzel rolls are pretty tasty. But I generally dont eat the top bun on my burger, so it probably wouldnt be worth getting for me

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

Just had it. The pretzel bun didnt really taste like pretzel but it was still good, pretty flavorful overall but you can obviously get a better burger at a real burger joint.

Overall I still have the quarter pounder as my favorite fast food burger, but this pretzel burger is much better than the whopper or big mac

Quote Originally Posted by starface View Post
    Even french fries alone aren't that bad. They're just potatoes, which have fiber and potassium, plus some oil and salt which are also necessary in modest amounts.

The issue is just combining em with the sandwich and the soda. Then you're just overdoing it. But if you pair em with like a grilled chicken salad and a sparkling water... now youre on point.
    Yup... that's also true. It's the trifecta that hits people up.

NBA rookie of the year AlternativeAcc.'s Avatar

Those potatoes are deep fried in oil. Bad vegetable oil, one of the worst things you can consume.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Pretzel buns are terrible. They have no place as a bun for a burger. Just too tough and chewy. Just the wrong venue for that kind of bread.

Quote Originally Posted by AlternativeAcc. View Post
    Those potatoes are deep fried in oil. Bad vegetable oil, one of the worst things you can consume.

For sure you dont wanna eat a large carton in one sitting or eat them every night of the week.

But a small order as an occasional snack or side isnt gonna fukk a nikka up in itself.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Who the **** wants to eat some french fries with a salad? Those don't pair. If I'm eating a burger or a sandwich I need some chips, fries, zuchini sticks, onion rings or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke117 View Post
    Who the **** wants to eat some french fries with a salad? Those don't pair. If I'm eating a burger or a sandwich I need some chips, fries, zuchini sticks, onion rings or something.

Actually a grilled chicken salad is low carb/fat and low sodium... so fries are a good choice if you want a side to snack on that will also give you some cals for energy.

Ofc if you wanna eat french fries together with a big ass burger bun and fatty piece of meat... go for it. It’s a pretty poor balance from a nutrient standpoint but hey if thats your jam, go ahead and live your best life bro diddley.

Just tried this today, the Bacon Pub Pretzel Spicy Chicken Burger with a baked potato. I asked for no cheese sauce and it said it on the reciept but they ****ed it up, so I had to wipe that shit off with a napkin since the line was around the building and no inside service. Go to eat my baked potato, and they gave me two knives and no fork. So I had to eat it like a folded slice of pizza with my hands.

All in all, it was a good sandwich though, it's not the pretzel bun thats makes it however, but rather those crispy little onion rings. Very good, but from a value perspective it doesn't make much sense since it cost $6.50, and they're running a 2 for 5 deal right now where you can get two big homestyle chicken sandwhiches... twice the food for less money.

Pretty sure Red Robin has one of these