Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Coolest decade?

~the original p.tiddy~ ~primetime~'s Avatar

Default Re: Coolest decade?

Quote Originally Posted by NBAplayoffs2001
    Probably early 80s to mid 90s. At least where I grew up, all the people I know who were teens or in their early 20s during this time said going to Manhattan for nightlife wasn't as expensive and it was more lively/unique than it is now. I remember talking to someone who thinks it is a shame the city has changed so much despite being a lot safer in Manhattan and most of the surrounding borough areas.

Ton of great movies came out during that time period too. Also experience late 80s/early 90s NBA. Larry Bird/Magic rivalry. Pistons winning a few in a row. MJ winning three in a row. The Knicks being consistent contenders in the East. Seeing boxing matches like SRL, etc. Watch Tyson fights. Sounds like a great time to be a sports fan too. Hip hop craze, NWA and East Coast coming up in '94 with Nas and Biggie albums.
    Yes all of this... Tyson fights were amazing, boxing will never go back to that

And Jordan was a fcking God... It's rare that a player is so amazing that every fan of every team loves him.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Nanners

90s but thats probably because I was raised in the era.

Music - End of cheezy rock music bands better alternatives such as Nirvana, RHCP, Greenday. In terms of rap, Tupac, Notorious BIG, Nas, Eminem, Jay Z etc.

Movies - Pulp Fiction, Fight Club, Goodfellas, Shawshank Redemption, Braveheart, etc

Economy - Clinton's years were some of the most prosperous in US history.

Technology - Computers becoming more affordable and more common, introduction of internet, tech companies, the amount of progress from the SNES to Dreamcast is crazy (Dreamcast btw had internet gameplay, internet browser, advanced graphics way ahead of its time) etc.

80s was the decade of corny ass music and movies.
    Last edited by ALBballer; 08-23-2015 at 12:57 AM.

Great college starter ThePhantomCreep's Avatar

Not cool.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ThePhantomCreep

Not cool.
    Exactly what was wrong with the 80s. Everyone was too coked up/cracked out to give a f*ck. I 100% guarantee you Jean Claude was so zonked on cocaine doing that he had no clue where he was.

More examples-

Normal, clear-headed people don't dress like that. Check out money in the back left. You're in a rock band... why the f*ck are you dressed like you're about to pull someone's appendix out? No one cared.

No one in that decade knew what "that's enough" meant. Everything was ridiculously over the top and excessive. A decade of try-hards. And everyone LOVED spandex for some reason. Nothing cool about that.

80>>>>>>>>.

Quote Originally Posted by DonDadda59
    Exactly what was wrong with the 80s. Everyone was too coked up/cracked out to give a f*ck. I 100% guarantee you Jean Claude was so zonked on cocaine doing that he had no clue where he was.

More examples-

Normal, clear-headed people don't dress like that. Check out money in the back left. You're in a rock band... why the f*ck are you dressed like you're about to pull someone's appendix out? No one cared.

No one in that decade knew what "that's enough" meant. Everything was ridiculously over the top and excessive. A decade of try-hards. And everyone LOVED spandex for some reason. Nothing cool about that.

that's exactly why it was a cool and fun little era .. eccentric, no fks given characters .. plus the gaming revolution of that time .. but I guess it depends on whether you grew up during that time or not

Banned

Michael Jackson automatically makes the 80's a GOAT candidate. I gotta go with the 90's though. By far the best era of hip hop, boxing, NBA, etc.

The 20's will be the GOAT because of legal weed nation wide.

Free the banned users. stalkerforlife's Avatar

80s. It was so uncool that it was cool. Love that decade.

NBA sixth man of the year Micku's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nanners
    Speak for yourself bruh. The 90s had badass cartoons and video games. Great time to grow up. And the internet at it's beginning stages in terms of usage.

NBA sixth man of the year Micku's Avatar

Plus 90s had:

--

I think the 90s had better high quality movies, but the 80s had better franchise movies coming out. And music.

The current.

80s movies is a huge advantage. 80s music is good in certain genres but gets beat by the other decades overall. 80s style was outrageous but the reason it's awesome is that everyone bought into it. The suits were ugly, the color were ridiculous, and the hair was crazy but that decade was swag to the maximum.

Plus, DonDadda just ****ed his own cause by posting a Prince pic as not cool. Prince in the 80s was his prime and any effort to discredit the decade with a photo of him is just sacrilegious.
    Last edited by Jailblazers7; 08-23-2015 at 03:26 AM.

Boozer and Lebron Fam CarlosBoozer's Avatar

the decade where condoms were rarely used