Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Thread: Coolest decade?

NBA rookie of the year AlternativeAcc.'s Avatar

Default Re: Coolest decade?

2000s brought upon wide adaption of internet, social media, and smart phones. Sports wise we saw prime Tiger, Shaq, Mayweather, Bolt, Phelps, Pujols, Federer, Brady, Duncan, Kobe, young LeBron, etc. Probably the GOAT decade for Sports.

The only thing lacking was music.

Quote Originally Posted by Nanners View Post
    I was born in the 80s but I mostly grew up in the 90s... and while I definitely have nostalgia for 90s stuff (like the cartoons and some of the music), and while theres no denying the coolness of some 90s stuff (like the cars... McLaren F1 has a strong argument for the coolest car of all time, and other cars like the mkiv Toyota Supra and original Viper GTS were incredibly cool too)... I dont think theres any question that overall the 90s were severaly lacking in coolness, especially compared to the 80s or 2000s.
    Ehh, maybe but that's only apparent if you compare it to the other excellent decades like the ones you mentioned. However, if you compare it to say the 2010s, then you'd think the 90s weren't too shabby at all, at least when it comes to music, cartoons or tv shows and what more but technology was still a bit meh plus internet and online games weren't a norm yet.

I was born in '97 but if I could choose any decade to grow up in, it'd definitely be the 80s. No question.