Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 512131415

Default Re: 2015 U.S. Open of Tennis

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    Djoker's style is too ordinary?

Even now in his more defensive approach compared to 2011, he is a far more offensive oriented version of Nadal. His style is one that could actually transfer on the faster courts, and he is right up there on the slower courts.

Fed>Djoker>Nadal.

Nadal isn't even better than Sampras, and people are acting as if he is right there with Fed.

Sampras' name doesn't even deserved to be mentioned. He was a serve and volley player that literally COULD NOT compete on clay. Nadal has beaten the top competition on ALL surfaces time and time again.

Sampras..

Quote Originally Posted by enayes
    compared to Fed and Nadal, YES

he's just not a very likable guy and his style of play if too "ordinary" to attract casual fans

I actually play tennis so I can appreciate Novak's style, he's obviously a great player but he doesn't do anything special and he's not that fun to watch IMO
    Let's just totally pretend that Djokovic isn't the GOAT returner in Tennis
    Last edited by Maga_1; 09-16-2015 at 12:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Yearning
    Riiiiight... so how is Novak going to win 6 in 3 years again?
    Who do you think will win Majors in the next 3 years? Straight question!
    Do you think that Nadal still has something left? Federer will still be in condition probably the next, not sure about the other two years
    Murray and his mental lapses?
    Stan is not young too and his game takes a tool on him.
    Dimitrov? Cilic? Nishikori? Kyrgios? Tsonga? Monfils? Lopez? Fognini?
    One of those guys that try to end games just serving well?

Remember, currently i consider that only Djoko is at his prime who else is?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by enayes

Sampras' name doesn't even deserved to be mentioned. He was a serve and volley player that literally COULD NOT compete on clay. Nadal has beaten the top competition on ALL surfaces time and time again.

Sampras..

Sampras would destroy on Nadal on every other surface though, and especially on grass & carpet, where he is the GOAT.

how on earth is Djokovic less likeable than federer

Quote Originally Posted by gigantes
    djoker's one of the nicest guys in the game. if you think otherwise then you have issues
    ffs.. this is such a bad way of arguing, actually a fallacy... let people have their opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by Maga_1
    Who do you think will win Majors in the next 3 years? Straight question!
    Do you think that Nadal still has something left? Federer will still be in condition probably the next, not sure about the other two years
    Murray and his mental lapses?
    Stan is not young too and his game takes a tool on him.
    Dimitrov? Cilic? Nishikori? Kyrgios? Tsonga? Monfils? Lopez? Fognini?
    One of those guys that try to end games just serving well?

Remember, currently i consider that only Djoko is at his prime who else is?
    of all people...

The only "hope" for avoiding a one man show after Fed retires is some rising star but for the moment Thiem just doesn't look that great, Dimitrov has had his problems.
    Younger prospects that look more promising than those two include Zverev, Coric, Kokkinakis, especially the first, but it's too early to tell where they can reach.
    Last edited by Jasi; 09-16-2015 at 08:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Jabbar
    how on earth is Djokovic less likeable than federer
    As a person they're both likeable but tennis-wise there's no doubt for me as to who's more enjoyable... Fed is all-court, skilled, powerful, classy, entertaining, everything in one player.

Quote Originally Posted by Jasi
    of all people...

The only "hope" for avoiding a one man show after Fed retires is some rising star but for the moment Thiem just doesn't look that great, Dimitrov has had his problems.
    Younger prospects that look more promising than those two include Zverev, Coric, Kokkinakis, especially the first, but it's too early to tell where they can reach.
    I believe that Zverev will be a stud in the future, i have big hopes on that guy really... but in the next 3 years? Too early for him.

If you saw Thiem i have to say Paire, even tho Paire is 26 already.
    If Paire wasn't a crazy dude with mental lapses, he would be probably top 10 instead of top 30.

Quote Originally Posted by Maga_1
    I believe that Zverev will be a stud in the future, i have big hopes on that guy really... but in the next 3 years? Too early for him.

If you saw Thiem i have to say Paire, even tho Paire is 26 already.
    If Paire wasn't a crazy dude with mental lapses, he would be probably top 10 instead of top 30.
    No I was talking more long term of course.

Next 3 years you say?
    I think Fed next year, maybe 2, will still be up there.
    Stan and Murray will surely be there too but they have no upside left to threat Nole.
    Nadal is done.
    I still hope Dimitrov can mage a big leap and I would love if Goffin (who is the most Federeresque style-wise) did too.

Oh and I still secretly believe that Del Potro can make a huge comeback if he finally overcomes his wrist problems. He would be 30 three years from now.

Quote Originally Posted by Jasi
    No I was talking more long term of course.

Next 3 years you say?
    I think Fed next year, maybe 2, will still be up there.
    Stan and Murray will surely be there too but they have no upside left to threat Nole.
    Nadal is done.
    I still hope Dimitrov can mage a big leap and I would love if Goffin (who is the most Federeresque style-wise) did too.

Oh and I still secretly believe that Del Potro can make a huge comeback if he finally overcomes his wrist problems. He would be 30 three years from now.
    I personally like Dimitrov but i can't grasp what's wrong with him, i don't think he can achieve that "elite" level to be feared constantly.
    Del Potro is a huge "what if", i really don't know what to expect from now on from him.

   

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater
    ffs.. this is such a bad way of arguing, actually a fallacy... let people have their opinions.
    well i've asked people in the past why they disliked (or hated) the djoker and pretty much every time the reasons replied were nonsense and rubbish. about the best anyone could come up with is that when he was just a young dude he was maybe not as professional in his actions and speech.

okay yeah but we were all sort of like that when we were younger, and we weren't put under a microscope either.

so yeah you're welcome to your opinions, but i'm also welcome to observe that you people have issues. fair deal?