Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    NBA sixth man of the year KyrieTheFuture's Avatar

Default Re: Students protest transgender classmate's use of girl's locker room

Quote Originally Posted by FKAri
    What if you got both?

Yeah lesbians in a girls lockerroom is the same issue as what nickyoung's arguing. I wouldn't want my 14 year old daughter to be sharing a locker room with lesbians.
    Well too bad, you don't get to complain about that. No school would kick a lesbian out the locker room unless it was a private school.

Quote Originally Posted by KyrieTheFuture
    In a world where we shit in private boxes that no one can see inside, do you really care who the person shitting next to you is? I will be equally freaked out if a man/woman/transgender is spying on me in the bathroom. If my only interaction with them is when I wash my hands I really don't give a ****. All this outrage for nothing. Shit kids probably just used it as an excuse for no class
    Here is the problem with where this is leading. I personally could care less who is using the bathroom or locker room that I use. Don't care if it's a man or women or transgender or straight or gay, I don't care at all. However I am a grown man. As a parent thought, if I'm sending my 7 year old daughter into a public bathroom somewhere and see someone going in after her who is clearly an adult male and he tells me it's ok because he identifies as a women, that is not ok. And that is where all this stuff is leading.

Quote Originally Posted by KyrieTheFuture
    Well too bad, you don't get to complain about that. No school would kick a lesbian out the locker room unless it was a private school.
    I wouldn't care at all about my 14 year old daughter sharing a locker room with other girls, straight or lesbian doesn't matter. But I wouldn't want her sharing one with a boy, even if he was in some form of transitioning.

But even still, at that age and that setting it's not the worst thing in the world. the issue comes more outside of schools in public when young girls are going to be forced to share facilities with grown men who are claiming to be transitioning. With most people it wont be a problem but predators are going to find ways to exploit these new PC laws.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by KnittingRyu
    Prestigious middle school. That is rich
    Irony is lost on most people. These scrubs fell hard for a massive troll job with that one.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by FKAri
    What if you got both?

Yeah lesbians in a girls lockerroom is the same issue as what nickyoung's arguing. I wouldn't want my 14 year old daughter to be sharing a locker room with lesbians.
    It's not the same though. In this case it is 14 year old girls sharing a locker room with a boy in a wig under delusional fantasies that he is actually a girl when he isn't.

Decent playground baller KnittingRyu's Avatar

Nick Young/Sergio, why did you avoid my post about your use of body dysmorphia being wrong?

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by dkmwise
    I wouldn't care at all about my 14 year old daughter sharing a locker room with other girls, straight or lesbian doesn't matter. But I wouldn't want her sharing one with a boy, even if he was in some form of transitioning.

But even still, at that age and that setting it's not the worst thing in the world. the issue comes more outside of schools in public when young girls are going to be forced to share facilities with grown men who are claiming to be transitioning. With most people it wont be a problem but predators are going to find ways to exploit these new PC laws.
    Theoo = predator.

I support people to be whatever makes them happy, I don't care. But a 14 year old tranny with a boys body showering next to 14 year old girls is just awkward. A 14 year old tranny still showering with the boys would be equally awkward.

Awkward for everyone involved.

Don't schools have a small number of private shower-rooms for staff etc in their facilities, which can also be used for cases like this? Because I'm pretty sure that's how this would be resolved here 99% of the time. I guess in the US that would be risking a lawsuit or something.

Nick Young/Sergio, why did you avoid my post about your use of body dysmorphia being wrong?
    Because none of these threads are about having a substantive debate about issues; they're about trolling and generally being shitbags to faceless people on an internet forum as a means of amusement. Its a form of m*sturbation for them.

Banned

That's how I roll, bitch.

What exactly is the reason he needs to be in the girls' locker room?

Quote Originally Posted by bladefd
    What is the difference between gay/transgender/transvestite? I never understood the difference.
    Gay = liking the same sex

Transgender = Identifies as the opposite sex (this is a subset of gender). They will say things like, "I always have felt like I was born with the wrong parts."

Transvestite = Dresses up in opposite sex's clothing (Eddie Izzard). Notice, they don't identify as the opposite sex necessarily. Just like dressing up or looking like opposite sex.

Nick Young is very incorrect about body dysmorphic disorder btw. You honestly see it in a bunch of body builders who look in the mirror and only see flaws even though they are specimens. However, Gender Dysphoria IS in the DSM and is the actual component you were looking for (it's the equivalent of Transgender). Realize though that this is not the same is schizophrenia. Schizophrenia is classified as a psychotic disorder whereas Gender Dysphoria is it's own category.

I use the DSM 5 everyday. This information is correct.

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    Most likely he's getting bullied a lot. However, my personal belief is this is not the way to handle it. Why would you accommodate a person for any reason if you are just making a bunch of other people uncomfortable AND also not even solving the initial problem? It would be like if a person couldn't hear well so you made EVERYONE wear headsets in class. Why the **** would you do that instead of just moving the kid to the front of the class? Same thing here, address the bullying instead of trying to avoid the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    I can't imagine he is treated too kindly in the boys locker room.

Banned

Wearing a wig, putting on dresses and strongly believing you're a woman does not make you a woman.