Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Can anyone on this site beat JJ Barrea 1on 1?

Of course not. The dude averaged like 35,10, and 5 in college as a midget and is putting up like 38, 10, and 8 now in FIBA ball.

If he were black you wouldn't even be posing this idiotic question.

no

/thread

Can anyone on this site beat the worst pro boxer in a boxing match?

Quote Originally Posted by CarlosBoozer
    He's kicking ass in FIBA
    Not surprising. Borderline NBA players dominate the trash from the rest of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Akrazotile
    If you have a significant height advantage, just back him down as much as you can then turn around and shoot a high arching shot. Either it goes in or youre probably gonna get the rebound. And how is he gonna score on you? Just sag off him and block anything he goes to the basket with. If he tries to shoot over a much taller defender hes bound to miss sometimes, and you can snag those rebounds too.

I understand some people here might not be very athletic so its not hard for them to imagine a smaller person beating them. But anyone with above average athleticism would have to have a hard time imagining someone 7 inches shorter than them beating them in basketball. I know I do.
    I don't think you're allowed for offenice rebounds on most 1vs1 games. Once you get the shot off, blocked or not, it goes the other way unless you make the basket.

Also, one has to be fit enough to back down barea every ****ing time w/o getting gassed. Not only is he built like a rock, he's got quick hands to steal the ball or make you pick up the dribble. He's also got a lifetime of experience defending bigger players trying to post him up.

What happens if you pick up the dribble 20 feet from the basket? Miss a turnaround fadeaway.

Then 5 seconds after that he's making you dance from the 3pt line....

A 2 meter strong guy should be able to just back him down and shoot bunnies all day.

Good college starter NZStreetBaller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by clipps
    Can anyone on this site beat the worst pro boxer in a boxing match?
    im pretty sure i could..... a low ranked pro making his debut.

Nope. I could score on him some, some other posters could too, but he would score on any of the posters on like 90% + possesions.

Quote Originally Posted by Akrazotile

Just because he's more effective than anyone here in 5 on 5 team basketball, doesn't mean he would dominate everyone in 1 on 1.

Barea is listed at 6'0 which means he's about 5'10. Anyone here that's 6'4 or taller with a decent jumper and decent coordination should be able to compete with him. It's not a full court, 5 on 5 game. It's 1 on 1. They're completely different things.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuff Said
    You're a ****in toothpick.
    nah, I just don't have a belly like most of these mother****ers. I actually do my cadio

Quote Originally Posted by ralph_i_el
    nah, I just don't have a belly like most of these mother****ers. I actually do my cadio
    6'0..175 isn't even small for a regular person. In fact, it's considered to be optimally healthy

Nope, nba level player comes to the gym, kills everyone, leaves no witnesses lol. Maybe some guys with enough size could steal a win here or there but consistently? Nah.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by gasolina
    I don't think you're allowed for offenice rebounds on most 1vs1 games. Once you get the shot off, blocked or not, it goes the other way unless you make the basket.

Also, one has to be fit enough to back down barea every ****ing time w/o getting gassed. Not only is he built like a rock, he's got quick hands to steal the ball or make you pick up the dribble. He's also got a lifetime of experience defending bigger players trying to post him up.

What happens if you pick up the dribble 20 feet from the basket? Miss a turnaround fadeaway.

Then 5 seconds after that he's making you dance from the 3pt line....
    I think 1-on-1 rules are regional, for the "no offensive rebounds" thing is pretty rare around my parts. That said, it raises a slightly interesting point about rules. I'm not sure if it'd make much of a difference, but playing make-it-take-it versus alternating possessions after makes could leave players even less of a chance (J.J. could just go on scoring sprees without having to give up possession).

Also, I agree about the over-simplification of backing him down. He looks like a pretty built dude and he's surely aggressive and knows how to use his body. Even if someone were big enough to back him down a bit, I'd reckon he still would do a pretty effective job of taking you out of your comfort zone prior to whatever shot you opt to attempt.

Moreover, if one is truly tall or strong enough to move Barea willfully on the block, that often means there may be a speed deficiency on the other side of the ball (i.e. 6'6'' 225 pound fellows aren't typically as fleet of foot as NBA 5'11'' point guards).

Quote Originally Posted by sdot_thadon
    Nope, nba level player comes to the gym, kills everyone, leaves no witnesses lol. Maybe some guys with enough size could steal a win here or there but consistently? Nah.
    That's the long and short of it. Weird things happen - good players miss a few shots in a row sometimes, bad players make some they shouldn't. Perhaps someone could randomly take one under the right circumstances and rules. But generally speaking, J.J. Barea is cutting through everyone like butter, probably 99 times out of 100.
    Last edited by Rake2204; 09-11-2015 at 10:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rake2204
    I think 1-on-1 rules are regional, for the "no offensive rebounds" thing is pretty rare around my parts. That said, it raises a slightly interesting point about rules. I'm not sure if it'd make much of a difference, but playing make-it-take-it versus alternating possessions after makes could leave players even less of a chance (J.J. could just go on scoring sprees without having to give up possession).

Also, I agree about the over-simplification of backing him down. He looks like a pretty built dude and he's surely aggressive and knows how to use his body. Even if someone were big enough to back him down a bit, I'd reckon he still would do a pretty effective job of taking you out of your comfort zone prior to whatever shot you opt to attempt.

Moreover, if one is truly tall or strong enough to move Barea willfully on the block, that often means there may be a speed deficiency on the other side of the ball (i.e. 6'6'' 225 pound fellows aren't typically as fleet of foot as NBA 5'11'' point guards).

That's the long and short of it. Weird things happen - good players miss a few shots in a row sometimes, bad players make some they shouldn't. Perhaps someone could randomly take one under the right circumstances and rules. But generally speaking, J.J. Barea is cutting through everyone like butter, probably 99 times out of 100.
    Never heard about the no offensive rebounds rule, probably some shit invented by people in love with jumpers, people that don't know that the defensive possession ends only after you secure the defensive rebound..... no rebounds looks like fagggot ball tbh.

a big guy 6'6" 250 with good skill and good handles would beat barea if it's winners keepers. He'd back barea down constantly and barea wouldn't be able to stop him even once. Barea is bound to miss a jumper and then it's game over. Anybody who played 1v1 long enough knows this.

Quote Originally Posted by swagga
    Never heard about the no offensive rebounds rule, probably some shit invented by people in love with jumpers, people that don't know that the defensive possession ends only after you secure the defensive rebound..... no rebounds looks like fagggot ball tbh.

a big guy 6'6" 250 with good skill and good handles would beat barea if it's winners keepers. He'd back barea down constantly and barea wouldn't be able to stop him even once. Barea is bound to miss a jumper and then it's game over. Anybody who played 1v1 long enough knows this.
    why would barea have the shoot a jumper? who on ish is stopping barea from scoring at will? how many 6'6 250 guys on ish who are capable of scoring on an nba player at will (aka keeping possession for a whole game)?