Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 31011121314 LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Refugee crisis: Hungary deploys teargas and water cannon at Serbia border

Quote Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
    Multicultural.
    You said that religion and conservatism did not fit the definition of the word culture.

Default Re: Refugee crisis: Hungary deploys teargas and water cannon at Serbia border

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Young
    Please post two of these "hundreds of scientific studies" please. I am ignorant on the subject and wish to learn. Google search is not showing anything for me. I am eager to learn from your expertise on the subject.

The fact that you admit Alan Sugar rose up from a lower class background completely defeats your idiotic statement that it's "impossible" to improve your economic social class.
    Use google scholar, or one of the scientific journal search indexes through your university library such as Web Of Science, SCOPUS, JSTOR, GeoRef, etc. You might learn something.

I never said it's impossible to improve your social or economic standing. It's just incredibly difficult. My position is not subjective to inductive reasoning whereas one example of upward mobility proves that it's easy or commonplace.

You said that religion and conservatism did not fit the definition of the word culture.
    I was responding to his silly multicultural point. I'm not even sure what he was trying to say. Not all cultures are ethnic or racial i.e. counter-culture, but one would rarely refer to modern Christianity as a culture or contributing to a "multicultural" country.

I rule the local playground

Stupid hard work with no plan or ambition behind it will often get you nowhere. Hard work in the right areas will always get you somewhere.

What are these "most studies" you talk about? Please post some studies that say it's impossible to rise out of your social class. I am very interested in reading these studies.

The fact that you think upward economic and social mobility is reliant on luck, and so many people share your defeatist mindset, is the exact reason your economic social mobility will never improve.
    Actually, for most people it's guaranteed that they will experience no social mobility.

For one simple reason: LAND. More specifically, the privatization of the publicly created value of locations.

The value of land is directly tied to the economic performance of a community.

The people who own the good land have a free ride at the expense of others.

"Work hard and acquire land" you say? That will make land even more expensive. You have to outpace the economy.

For the vast majority of people it's a mathematical certainty that they will never be able to, no matter how hard or how productive they work. They will never, ever acquire enough land to offset what is and has been taken from them. Not even if they manage to slave off a mortgage debt.

And the tax burdens they bear make it even harder, as public investment in infrastructure and services also goes into land rent. This has been proven by Joseph Stieglitz with the Henry George Theorem.

The landowner is essentially an entitled government welfare baby living off everyone else's productive work.

The utterly corrupt system of landowning is the main reason for wealth inequality.

Land absorbs about 20% of the economy, without the land ever actually having been contributed to the economy. The land would exist anyways. MONEY FOR NO PRODUCTIVE INPUT INTO THE ECONOMY, GET IT?
    Last edited by Gr; 09-19-2015 at 06:02 AM.

This thread has gone waaaay off topic

Quote Originally Posted by imdaman99
    Are you back on the wagon? I thought you changed for the better

We have you saying they are ISIS and we have others who are convinced they just want to work on their tans and sip their fine beverages while collecting handouts.

How about they want the best chance for making a living in a developed country? Why always assume the worst? Believe me, I hate ISIS and hate the ones who don't do shit for their welfare, but I don't always assume the worst in people simply because of their religion.

Lighten up and look at it from their point of view.

My stance has not changed. Fundamentalist Muslims and progressive muslims are two entirely different creatures. I believe the refugees to be the fundamentalist lot, the ones who follow Sharia law in a nutshell.

I'm not drinking the "they are all innocent refugees" coolaid.

ISIS have claimed openly that they will infiltrate and conquer Europe/US and they also claimed that they are hidden among these refugees.

ISIS are very open about their conquests. It's not something I make up, it not only is claimed by ISIS but it makes perfect sense from a tactical standpoint to piggy back the chaos of the refugee crisis and pass through ISIS militants.

I ask you and and anyone else who feels strongly about showing compassion towards these people. I expect you and others to shelter, clothe and feed a family of refugees in your own home. Why is it a government problem? If you expect people like me who pay taxes to foot the bill, then I'm sorry I'm not prepared to do that.

Why are't these people being resettled into a smoother transitional environment? Why must they chase the gravy train of these European countries who don't share the same ideals or cultural beliefs of these people?

I'd say a majority of these people are fundamentalist muslims. Not progressive. Not tolerant.

These are not easily assimilated people. Many are war torn, uneducated and don't speak the native language. How the hell do you assimilate people who are nowhere near the country's expectation?

You can't just pick and choose where you want to live and this isn't a fair world. You have to do it the right way, go through the correct procedures and be patient. The way these illegal immigrants are going about it is illegal and opportunistic.

They claim to be "refugees" but don't go through the due process and none of these men are protecting their country like they should be. Why aren't they fighting against ISIS?

Only 20% of these "refugees" are fleeing war torn syria. The majority are risking their lives for a better life as you claim wouldn't be the case:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...orn-Syria.html

So you see, the lies are from those who believe this to be all Americas fault. The displacement of people from war torn syria is only true among 20% of these people...
    Last edited by poido123; 09-19-2015 at 01:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bosnian Sajo
    This thread has gone waaaay off topic
    Yes, but I can't stand it when people claim that large amounts of wealth have necessarily been earned through productive contributions to the economy. It's the exact opposite in most cases when we talk about people in the multiple millions or billions. Some crackhead who mops floors for a living does more of a productive contribution to the economy then somebody who managed to hold on to the right land so that society was forced to shovel millions into his pockets for doing nothing in exchange for the publicly created advantages that the location gives convenient access to.

When you build a bicycle, you are the one who creates the qualities that makes it desirable for people to acquire and thus earns you money. You have contributed to society. Those incentives make society more prosperous. When someone gets wealthy through owning land, IOW owning a point of access to publicly provided advantages, he's obviously getting wealthy through the desirability that society has added to a location, not him. Maybe he has contributed a building, but as a landowner he hasn't contributed anything at all. That's a fact that nobody can refute.
    Last edited by Gr; 09-19-2015 at 06:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater
    shocking news at 11: Gates is doing a bit more than necessary
    lol, gates is almost singehandedly causing the demograpic catastrophe in Africa

the man is one of the biggest fools on the planet, messiah complex hit him hard

anyway, this thread is full of lazy ****ing losers

NBA sixth man of the year KyrieTheFuture's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Trollsmasher

Explain

Quote Originally Posted by Trollsmasher

Explain.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
    Use google scholar, or one of the scientific journal search indexes through your university library such as Web Of Science, SCOPUS, JSTOR, GeoRef, etc. You might learn something.

I never said it's impossible to improve your social or economic standing. It's just incredibly difficult. My position is not subjective to inductive reasoning whereas one example of upward mobility proves that it's easy or commonplace.
    Why can't you post a study bro? Do they even exist? Where are the studies that prove economic social class changes are now impossible? Where they at brah? You sure got a lot of excuses for not posting any brah.

Yes, to achieve great things, it is incredibly difficult. If it was easy, everyone would be a self made billionaire. Not everyone is a special snowflake. Not everyone gets to become a billionaire. That doesn't mean it's "impossible" as you repeatedly claim.

Why can't you post a study bro? Do they even exist? Where are the studies that prove economic social class changes are now impossible? Where they at brah? You sure got a lot of excuses for not posting any brah.

Yes, to achieve great things, it is incredibly difficult. If it was easy, everyone would be a self made billionaire. Not everyone is a special snowflake. Not everyone gets to become a billionaire. That doesn't mean it's "impossible" as you repeatedly claim.
    There is no such thing as a "self made" billionaire.

Quote Originally Posted by poido123
    I ask you and and anyone else who feels strongly about showing compassion towards these people. I expect you and others to shelter, clothe and feed a family of refugees in your own home. Why is it a government problem? If you expect people like me who pay taxes to foot the bill, then I'm sorry I'm not prepared to do that.

Why are't these people being resettled into a smoother transitional environment? Why must they chase the gravy train of these European countries who don't share the same ideals or cultural beliefs of these people?
    Here's the thing though, these people aren't walking to Saudi Arabia, they aren't walking to the Emirates, they aren't walking to Eastern Europe or to Russia. Not only because they know they would be treated like dogs there while they can get free housing and a lifetime of free income in the West, but also because those governments have said "No, f[COLOR="Black"]u[/COLOR]ck off. We are compassionate and help you out in another way, but we are not going to make you citizens just like that.".

It's the German government, the Swedish government etcetera who shout to the refugees "Come here, every refugee is welcome here and will be eligible for full citizenship.", while backhandedly telling all the other countries in the EU they have to take an equal share of the refugees they've invited. They are the ones responsible for this, these governments. You can go talk about how it's international law that a refugee needs to apply for status in the first safe country, that all goes out the window when governments themselves are saying that they don't care about that and will take everybody who comes.

And in the end everybody loses. It's a problem for the countries taking in these refugees, because the majority of them don't even have the skill-set to gain employment and will be chronically unemployed. A large portion of them don't and will never respect western culture and will never integrate into society. They will cause crime and trouble. And they are almost all young, unattached males causing further trouble. (for example these "Asian" (Pakistani) rape rings you keep hearing about in England, well a large part of the reason this is a prevalent problem is that there are simply no single women out there for them to engage with. They culturally aren't even allowed to, and Pakistanis only send the young guys over, almost never the young women. Just like the Syrians do now)
    Even for Syria in itself, it's a massive humanitarian disaster that will follow the wake of the war. Once the war is finished, for every 100k refugees taken in by Europe there will be many more people suffering the consequences in Syria. All the rich families have become citizens in another country. So many of the young healthy men who could be rebuilding the country are gone hanging out all day on European streetcorners blowing their welfare checks on weed. While all the women and all the weak, old and poor people are stuck trying to get the nation back on its feet. It will be a disaster for those left behind, which is the giant majority.

It's all the result of idiot politicians shouting at desperate people that they will take anyone who comes. Instead of what they should do, which is making sure these people have adequate food and adequate facilities in Turkey and Lebanon (which they don't have, which is another reason they come) while doing their best to ensure the violence stops as soon as possible. Can't score brownie points with the electorate doing that though...

Banned

[QUOTE=Gr

It's the truth. In a free market competition pushes prices down towards the margin of production.

Most billionaires are land (also natural resource) and intellectual property owners.

Land value is obviously publicly created. That eliminates all those billionaires as having been "self made". The land market is a monopoly market as there is no competition between sellers as land is not produced (they are all pure price takers, with the price resulting from competition between buyers).

Intellectual property owners certainly wouldn't become billionaires without the government violating everyone's rights on their behalf.

Also, name one intellectual property billionaire who hasn't used ideas from other people on his way to becoming a billionaire.
    Last edited by Gr; 09-19-2015 at 06:22 PM.