Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    NBA lottery pick

Default Re: All-Time NBA Champions by seeding

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater
    Well thanks, but its definitely not the hardest winning one in the NBA..

Simple look at MJ's 6 in 7 years should do enough, or Russell..

Other equally dominant greats cant win that much elsewhere..

How open and guaranteed was the 2008-2010 West for the Lakers?

Who was gonna challenge them, Paul Hornets? Melo Nuggets?
    So the argument is that

Given you are the best team it is easier to repeat

.95^6 > .8^6

But you ignore the difficulty of being the .95?

Or put another way, lets say the best team has a 95% chance of winning a game.

They play 5 games for a title. They have a 77.4% chance of doing that. 22.6% of the time a team who's the CLEAR CLEAR favorite in that scenario will lose. Or another way is to say nearly 23% of the time the HUGE favorite will not win it all giving a title to someone who isn't as good.

Going to best of 7 clearly makes winning when you're the best easier, BUT how hard is it to be the best? I'd guess it's pretty harder say 1/30?

IMO, there sould be lesser games in regular season and more playoffs teams/games. Such as this;
    64-68 regular season games.
    20 teams for playoffs. Instead of 4 overall rounds, there will be 5 rounds. Top 12 goes to 2nd round directly, bottom 8 plays best of 3 or 5 to complete usual 16. The rest stays the same.
    With this, there will be nearly same amount of game per season but there'll be more competitive games. Also, it will give chances to future all-stars / superstars to get early playoffs experience.

Quote Originally Posted by DMV2
    And in NBA terms, "the teams with the best talent" usually means teams with the best players.

Every team since 1991 besides the 2004 Pistons and 2008 Celtics (and 2014 Spurs) had a top 3 player on their team. And when you have the absolute best, you usually get at least 3 titles. MJ, Shaq, Duncan.

I think that's what AW meant.

NBA = if you have a superstar/top 3 guy, you''ll win. and deep rosters don't always win. 2002 King, 2000 Blazers, Drexler's Blazers, 1993 Suns etc...they'll lose to the best player.

NFL, MLB = you actually need the best talents on your roster.
    I also look at it being much harder for other teams in the NBA that don't have these stars. In the other 3 leagues, if you make it, you have a shit at least going far and a top 3-4 team might not win it all.

By the way, one could argue KG was Top 3 in 08. He was at the very least Top 5 that year.