Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: E-Ciggeretes / Vaping

The problem is, any shmuck can open up a vape shop and let people walk out of there with a mix of parts that'll lead to a pipe bomb. Or people go online and order parts online without reading up on it. Sure, these stories happen. But the vast majority I've seen are due to user error. Which is why I'm offering to answer any questions for the OP just in case he's considering getting one.

Quote Originally Posted by code green
    Do you know if his mod was regulated or unregulated? With a regulated mod, this kind of thing doesn't usually happen. With an unregulated mech mod (like the one OP's friend has), you've gotta be REAL careful about the battery capabilities. If you use a tank on a mech, or if you use a low drain battery, you're going to short out the battery and possibly cause it to vent.....Leading to the carnage you described. I prefer the regulated ones for this reason. If a short, or battery issue is detected, it'll simply refuse to fire.

OP, I'm pretty into it, but not a douche about it. If you have any questions about it, like mod recommendations, I can definitely point you in the right direction.

This is what I have:
    How much is this one? Does wattage matter? 30W-100W? The battery is built in, so what happens when the battery gets weak? Purchase an entirely new ecigg? Can you put tanks on this for bigger clouds or better taste? Coils? etc.

Btw, I don't want my face blown off

Quote Originally Posted by UK2K
    Not sure, but he had a standard, $200 e-cig. Hadn't been tampered with, all the pieces and serial #'s matched. He's been speaking with lawyers for probably 3 months now. Just now being able to eat solid food.

Apparently, it's not all that uncommon. The makers of one of the parts no longer has a website, if that tells you anything.

The price alone leads me to believe it's an unregulated mod. Either way, I hope your buddy recovers in decent shape though, man. That shit's horrible.

The price alone leads me to believe it's an unregulated mod. Either way, I hope your buddy recovers in decent shape though, man. That shit's horrible.
    Crazy. Been friends with him since we were in middle school. He was in the USMC with me, except he was a UAV pilot. Worked for Boeing and was scheduled to fly to Iraq for a job for them, and then POW his teeth are all over the floorboard.

Wish I still had the pictures, I'd post them. Pretty crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Draz
    How much is this one? Does wattage matter? 30W-100W? The battery is built in, so what happens when the battery gets weak? Purchase an entirely new ecigg? Can you put tanks on this for bigger clouds or better taste? Coils? etc.

Btw, I don't want my face blown off
    I paid more for it because I bought it from a brick and mortar shop. But you can get it online for about $35. The batteries on this particular mod aren't built in...you need two 18650 rechargeable batteries that can be charged inside the mod via USB, or with an external battery charger. I chose Samsung 25R batteries, as they're considered the standard for safety. About $10 each online. You'll need a juice tank ($30-$50 depending on which kind you get)and some atomizers. Or, if you want to get more advanced, you can go the same route your friend did and get a rebuildable deck like his Mutation. They're a PITA though, as you have to repeatedly drip juice directly onto the cotton as opposed to being in a tank.

Higher watts lets you vape lower resistance coils. The lower the resistance (in ohms), the higher cloud density and taste quality.

It's certainly not cheaper than cigarettes. As far as safety goes, when properly done, it's undoubtedly safer than cigarette smoke. How much safer? We don't really know yet. Time will tell. I just prefer to vape so I don't smell like an ashtray every time I light up, and the taste isn't even comparable.

Not sure, but he had a standard, $200 e-cig. Hadn't been tampered with, all the pieces and serial #'s matched. He's been speaking with lawyers for probably 3 months now. Just now being able to eat solid food.

Apparently, it's not all that uncommon. The makers of one of the parts no longer has a website, if that tells you anything.

That's insane, first time I've ever heard of happening to anyone, never even thought that an ecig could explode. I smoke reg cigs, recently finally switched from menthol (DON'T smoke em on the daily, don't do it) to no.27s and was eventually thinking of switching to an ecig and then from an ecig to hookah pen, thus cutting down on my nicotine intake but especially get away from smoking everyday. This makes me rethink my whole theory.

Quote Originally Posted by Bosnian Sajo
    That's insane, first time I've ever heard of happening to anyone, never even thought that an ecig could explode. I smoke reg cigs, recently finally switched from menthol (DON'T smoke em on the daily, don't do it) to no.27s and was eventually thinking of switching to an ecig and then from an ecig to hookah pen, thus cutting down on my nicotine intake but especially get away from smoking everyday. This makes me rethink my whole theory.
    I actually went from 27's to menthols to now just black and milds.

You can google pictures of e-cig explosion, and see what kind of damage it can do. Interiors of cars just melted down. I guess the battery gets overheated or some shit.

My dude was real, real lucky.

I actually went from 27's to menthols to now just black and milds.

You can google pictures of e-cig explosion, and see what kind of damage it can do. Interiors of cars just melted down. I guess the battery gets overheated or some shit.

My dude was real, real lucky.

I googled it instantly, shit is crazy. Also really unsafe to leave your ecig in the car, especially on a hot day. Seems like that's how most explosions happen.

Menthols were always my fav (NXT) and I still like to have 1 or 2 after a good ass smoke sesh, but I noticed that I breath much easier now that I switched to 27 and cough out much less phlegm. I'd probably breath better if I stopped smoking completely buuut

Quote Originally Posted by Bosnian Sajo
    I googled it instantly, shit is crazy. Also really unsafe to leave your ecig in the car, especially on a hot day. Seems like that's how most explosions happen.

Menthols were always my fav (NXT) and I still like to have 1 or 2 after a good ass smoke sesh, but I noticed that I breath much easier now that I switched to 27 and cough out much less phlegm. I'd probably breath better if I stopped smoking completely buuut
    Same, but I am still Antonio Brown on my company flag football team, so it is what it is.

When it's my time, its my time, and Im going to enjoy it until then.

I paid more for it because I bought it from a brick and mortar shop. But you can get it online for about $35. The batteries on this particular mod aren't built in...you need two 18650 rechargeable batteries that can be charged inside the mod via USB, or with an external battery charger. I chose Samsung 25R batteries, as they're considered the standard for safety. About $10 each online. You'll need a juice tank ($30-$50 depending on which kind you get)and some atomizers. Or, if you want to get more advanced, you can go the same route your friend did and get a rebuildable deck like his Mutation. They're a PITA though, as you have to repeatedly drip juice directly onto the cotton as opposed to being in a tank.

Higher watts lets you vape lower resistance coils. The lower the resistance (in ohms), the higher cloud density and taste quality.

It's certainly not cheaper than cigarettes. As far as safety goes, when properly done, it's undoubtedly safer than cigarette smoke. How much safer? We don't really know yet. Time will tell. I just prefer to vape so I don't smell like an ashtray every time I light up, and the taste isn't even comparable.
    Nah. I want to avoid all that bs with cotton and coils. So, break this down like I'm 5 years old. There's so much to it and my brains about to explode from all the shit I've read this weekend for my midterm.

$35 for that vape box thing (What is it called?)
    $30+ more for a juice tank (Is this the drip tank? Do any drip tanks work or do I need to pay attention to threading like 510 threading, etc?)(Which juice tanks do you recommend)
    Atomizers (Wtf is that again? And how much? Which do you recommend)
    Are there any coils in that box vape thing? Or is that what the Atomizer is for?
    Where do you get the juice from? How much is the juice? How long are they good for without spoiling if they do go bad?

Will this set up explode in my face? How often do we need to buy new batteries if we continue to recharge the same ones?
    Last edited by Draz; 10-05-2015 at 03:27 PM.

This is going to be way too much information in one shot. You'll be much better off going to a vape shop and having them explain it all to you in person, but since you asked, I'll try to break it down for you.

Nah. I want to avoid all that bs with cotton and coils. So, break this down like I'm 5 years old. There's so much to it and my brains about to explode from all the shit I've read this weekend for my midterm.
    $35 for that vape box thing (What is it called?)
    The "vape box" is more accurately called a mod. The mod contains your batteries, which can be either removable or nonremovable. Both can usually be charged with USB, both some mods that have removeable batteries require a separate charger. If you have a regulated box, it'll also contain a circuit board that lets you adjust some settings and will shut off the mod if it detects something unsafe. The newer ones have an LCD screen that will let you choose your wattage, depending on the resistance of your coils. (I'll break this down later.) An unregulated (or mechanical) mod is usually just a tube with a battery hole in it.

$30+ more for a juice tank (Is this the drip tank? Do any drip tanks work or do I need to pay attention to threading like 510 threading, etc?)(Which juice tanks do you recommend)
    The tank is a glass vial that holds your juice. Usually comes in 3ml-5ml sizes, depending on the brand. As a rule of thumb, only use tanks on regulated devices. There are tons of tanks you can use, and we could literally talk about them for hours. Most have disposable atomizers that you can buy, and some have decks on them that lets you build your own coils with kanthal. I'd highly recommend using the disposable atomizers at first.

Some advanced users don't go the tank route. They'll buy an RDA deck (Rebuildable Drip Atomizer) that has positive/neutral terminals where you screw in custom built kanthal coils stuffed with cotton inside. You literally have to drip juice onto the coils every 4 or 5 hits though, or the cotton can dry and catch fire. So don't do this. Get a tank, get some disposable atomizers and start from there.

Atomizers (Wtf is that again? And how much? Which do you recommend)
    Are there any coils in that box vape thing? Or is that what the Atomizer is for?
    Atomizers (or coils) are cotton-wrapped coils that are housed in a metal housing that will screw into your tank. The housing is proprietary, so you can only fit the atomizers that are made for your tank. The cotton soaks up the juice inside of the tank, and the coils heat up the juice soaked cotton, which gives you the vapor. The coils are rated by their resistance, or ohms if you remember Ohms Law. In general, the lower the ohms, the higher wattage you'll need from your battery. The lower the ohms, the more flavor and vapor you get. Most tank companies make a few different ohm coils that you can choose to tailor your needs. A 5 pack'll run you $20, and one coil should last you a week of moderate use.

Where do you get the juice from? How much is the juice? How long are they good for without spoiling if they do go bad?
    Either a vape shop, or online. Vape shops usually carry a selection of juices that they make, which are usually cheaper. Or you can go the premium route, and buy mass produced juice, which is pricier. I won't say which is better, because I've had some great house juice, and some shitty "premium" juice. They're good for a few months if you keep them out of the sun and in cool temperatures. There will usually be a "PG/VG" ratio on the label, which are the two main ingredients in juice. Higher PG gives you more flavor, and a harsher throat hit. Higher VG is much smoother, but less flavor, and more clouds. I prefer zero throat hit and bigger clouds, so i usually go with a 20/80 ratio. Vapergate is my favorite brand of juice, if you're curious.

Will this set up explode in my face? How often do we need to buy new batteries if we continue to recharge the same ones?
    You should really ask somebody that can go into more detail before you spend your own money, but here's an option:

http://www.myvaporstore.com/Kangerte...k-p/krsbl1.htm

It's a regulated mod that comes with a tank and two atomizers with different resistances so you can find which one suits you. The mod will let you adjust your wattage levels to the range that is printed on each atomizer. All you'd need is a battery to put inside the mod (Get the Samsung 25R) and some juice, and you're good to go. That's a great setup for tasting the flavor of the juice.

But, I can't stress this enough. Make sure you talk to someone who has been doing it for a while before you buy or use anything. As said in the thread, shit can go wrong if you go about it the wrong way. Go to a vape shop, go on vaping forums, and take in the information little by little. I've bought mods that I outgrew in two weeks, but better to waste a little bit of money than putting a hole in your face.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

My girlfriend uses one sometimes. She was smoking this flavor called cake batter, I tried some and it tasted exactly like a cake. Shit was gross why would you want to smoke a cigarette and eat cake at the same time. If I want a stoge I'll just have a stoge. I'm straight off that vaping shit.

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan
    My girlfriend uses one sometimes. She was smoking this flavor called cake batter, I tried some and it tasted exactly like a cake. Shit was gross why would you want to smoke a cigarette and eat cake at the same time. If I want a stoge I'll just have a stoge. I'm straight off that vaping shit.
    Was it "Cloud Batter?" I literally just bought a bottle of that today.

@Code Green: I'll read your response just now I'm still studying

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan
    Try the strawberry one. That's the only one I tried and it got me really wanting it. Tasted just like strawberries.

Also is smoke supposed to be cool? I was high asf when I did it and I believe the smoke was actually cold than warm right?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Was it "Cloud Batter?" I literally just bought a bottle of that today.
    Hah. I don't even know, probably. It tasted exactly like a cake I just wasn't into the vape thing.