Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Default Re: E-Ciggeretes / Vaping

Quote Originally Posted by Draz
    @Code Green: I'll read your response just now I'm still studying

Try the strawberry one. That's the only one I tried and it got me really wanting it. Tasted just like strawberries.

Also is smoke supposed to be cool? I was high asf when I did it and I believe the smoke was actually cold than warm right?
    Yeah peach or strawberry would probably be cool. They are good flavors for blunts so it would probably vape well.

I think they are all different. I want to say I have tried one that is like room temperature when you hit it and others were colder.

I for one, never taste the flavor in blunts. That, and the flavor in weed either.

Decent playground baller lil jahlil's Avatar

People always act like they are healthier than regular cigs, but part of that is likely due to not having decades of research showing how bad they are.

One of the Goodfellas NBAplayoffs2001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lil jahlil
    People always act like they are healthier than regular cigs, but part of that is likely due to not having decades of research showing how bad they are.
    Exactly. They do smell much more pleasant. It's like a walking hookah (which is real bad. I think smoking hookah more than twice a week is as bad as smoking a pack a day, I actually knew people who did this in HS and college).

Quote Originally Posted by NBAplayoffs2001
    Exactly. They do smell much more pleasant. It's like a walking hookah (which is real bad. I think smoking hookah more than twice a week is as bad as smoking a pack a day, I actually knew people who did this in HS and college).
    One Hookah sit-in, is about 1 pack of cigarettes, correct.

Hookah is also shit if you ask me, maybe I had a bad experience. Where were from BTW, these young girls love going to Hookah lounges.

Quote Originally Posted by code green
    This is going to be way too much information in one shot. You'll be much better off going to a vape shop and having them explain it all to you in person, but since you asked, I'll try to break it down for you.

The "vape box" is more accurately called a mod. The mod contains your batteries, which can be either removable or nonremovable. Both can usually be charged with USB, both some mods that have removeable batteries require a separate charger. If you have a regulated box, it'll also contain a circuit board that lets you adjust some settings and will shut off the mod if it detects something unsafe. The newer ones have an LCD screen that will let you choose your wattage, depending on the resistance of your coils. (I'll break this down later.) An unregulated (or mechanical) mod is usually just a tube with a battery hole in it.

The tank is a glass vial that holds your juice. Usually comes in 3ml-5ml sizes, depending on the brand. As a rule of thumb, only use tanks on regulated devices. There are tons of tanks you can use, and we could literally talk about them for hours. Most have disposable atomizers that you can buy, and some have decks on them that lets you build your own coils with kanthal. I'd highly recommend using the disposable atomizers at first.

Some advanced users don't go the tank route. They'll buy an RDA deck (Rebuildable Drip Atomizer) that has positive/neutral terminals where you screw in custom built kanthal coils stuffed with cotton inside. You literally have to drip juice onto the coils every 4 or 5 hits though, or the cotton can dry and catch fire. So don't do this. Get a tank, get some disposable atomizers and start from there.

Atomizers (or coils) are cotton-wrapped coils that are housed in a metal housing that will screw into your tank. The housing is proprietary, so you can only fit the atomizers that are made for your tank. The cotton soaks up the juice inside of the tank, and the coils heat up the juice soaked cotton, which gives you the vapor. The coils are rated by their resistance, or ohms if you remember Ohms Law. In general, the lower the ohms, the higher wattage you'll need from your battery. The lower the ohms, the more flavor and vapor you get. Most tank companies make a few different ohm coils that you can choose to tailor your needs. A 5 pack'll run you $20, and one coil should last you a week of moderate use.

Either a vape shop, or online. Vape shops usually carry a selection of juices that they make, which are usually cheaper. Or you can go the premium route, and buy mass produced juice, which is pricier. I won't say which is better, because I've had some great house juice, and some shitty "premium" juice. They're good for a few months if you keep them out of the sun and in cool temperatures. There will usually be a "PG/VG" ratio on the label, which are the two main ingredients in juice. Higher PG gives you more flavor, and a harsher throat hit. Higher VG is much smoother, but less flavor, and more clouds. I prefer zero throat hit and bigger clouds, so i usually go with a 20/80 ratio. Vapergate is my favorite brand of juice, if you're curious.

You should really ask somebody that can go into more detail before you spend your own money, but here's an option:

http://www.myvaporstore.com/Kangerte...k-p/krsbl1.htm

It's a regulated mod that comes with a tank and two atomizers with different resistances so you can find which one suits you. The mod will let you adjust your wattage levels to the range that is printed on each atomizer. All you'd need is a battery to put inside the mod (Get the Samsung 25R) and some juice, and you're good to go. That's a great setup for tasting the flavor of the juice.

But, I can't stress this enough. Make sure you talk to someone who has been doing it for a while before you buy or use anything. As said in the thread, shit can go wrong if you go about it the wrong way. Go to a vape shop, go on vaping forums, and take in the information little by little. I've bought mods that I outgrew in two weeks, but better to waste a little bit of money than putting a hole in your face.
    Had to quote this because the page broke.

Alright. I read it. Does these have coils? And if so, would I need to change them? And alright cool. Before purchasing I'll do more research on preventing anything from happening.
    Last edited by Draz; 10-05-2015 at 09:18 PM.

One Hookah sit-in, is about 1 pack of cigarettes, correct.

Hookah is also shit if you ask me, maybe I had a bad experience. Where were from BTW, these young girls love going to Hookah lounges.
    cause they can't go to the club

•Low voltage protection
    •Low resistance protection
    •Short circuit protection
    •Reverse battery protection

So, it wont blow my face off?

Had to quote this because the page broke.

Alright. I read it. Does these have coils? And if so, would I need to change them? And alright cool. Before purchasing I'll do more research on preventing anything from happening.
    Did you mean to drop a link? I don't know what you're referring to.

Quote Originally Posted by code green
    Did you mean to drop a link? I don't know what you're referring to.
    No, I quoted your long post from the previous page because someone posted an incredible huge picture. Below that I was referencing the item you suggested to purchase if I had too.

If it had those specs what harm can it do still?

It's definitely regulated, so you're good so far. Feel free to drop me a PM with the details if you don't want to post them here.

Wow, you guys are spending a lot of money on this.

I got a Juul at a gas station a couple months ago. It's $50 for the e-cig and 4 vapor refills. Replacement vapor cartridges are about 4 for $20. 1 cartridge is about equivalent to 1 pack of smokes.

The vapor is better than you'd expect.

I would never spend $200 for some weird complicated thing you have to turn on. You simply take a drag and it turns on automatically. It looks like and is about the size of one of those old usb drives, so you can have it on your desk at work and no one will notice.

I just wish I were more certain this thing won't give me cancer. I'm suspicious of the vapor. It could have anything in it and I wouldn't know. What does that shit look like when it dries?

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke117
    All of these ***** boy ****** addicts. hilarious and pathetic...but mostly hilarious (and pathetic)
    Put the bottle down for 72 hours before you start casting stones

Quote Originally Posted by Clifton
    Wow, you guys are spending a lot of money on this.

I got a Juul at a gas station a couple months ago. It's $50 for the e-cig and 4 vapor refills. Replacement vapor cartridges are about 4 for $20. 1 cartridge is about equivalent to 1 pack of smokes.

The vapor is better than you'd expect.

I would never spend $200 for some weird complicated thing you have to turn on. You simply take a drag and it turns on automatically. It looks like and is about the size of one of those old usb drives, so you can have it on your desk at work and no one will notice.

I just wish I were more certain this thing won't give me cancer. I'm suspicious of the vapor. It could have anything in it and I wouldn't know. What does that shit look like when it dries?

I can't speak for the disposables, as we really don't have any clue as to what is in them. I've talked to several vape shop owners that make juice for the refillable vapes, and it's usually:

Propylene Glycol: Usually food grade. It's an oil that you find in most asthma inhaler solutions. It's a good carrier for the flavor of the juice, as it's an odorless/tasteless compound. I tend to stay away from high PG concentrated juice, as it can be harsh on the throat and can dehydrate you. A lot of ex smokers like it to mimic the throat hit that cigarettes give you.

Vegetable Glycerin: Usually pharmaceutical grade. You can find it in any pharmacy, as it is used for lubrication and sweetening of food (and e-juice). I've used it to heal chapped lips, on top of vaping it. It's very mellow in the throat and lungs, and it gives off a ton of vapor when used in an e-cig.

Nicotine and flavorings make up the rest of the formula. The flavoring is the part where I start to raise an eyebrow. While they've been ruled safe for consumption, not much has been done regarding its effect on the lungs. Some "organic" juice companies claim they use concentrates of the actual flavor itself, but I don't know enough about them to really comment one way or another. Ideally, around 5% of the total juice composition should consist of flavoring.

Bump. Done some intensive research and found that I'm never touching an unregulated mod without more knowledge enough to properly secure safety.

With that said, I'm looking into regulated box mods, preferably the sigelei brand and specifically the 100wt models. I'm going to head the the local vape shops and see more about it. I'm not sold on the changing of the coils every three weeks or so, and the cotton every two to three days or every day, but that's fine.

Anyone have any experience with the sigelei 50/75/100/150/200wt models?

Favorite ejuice?

Any alternatives to using cotton?

Sites/places that sell premade coils?

Tanks?